WASH ALL OVER ME

Eh, this is one of the songs off RH I could never really get into, even though I love the lyrics. Demo version feels generic and already dated as fuck, and the album version just plods along and really goes nowhere. It feels like there IS potential but never really reaches a climax for me #sorrynotsorry

• 2 weeks later...

The first demo that leaked sounds rough but the 4th one sounds really finished. It's the one where there is only

One drop at the end and that's my favorite with the distorted voices going "wash all over meeeeeee over meeeeee let it wash all over meeeee"

Oh, God! This is my favourite version, too. The crazy strings at the start still sound offputting, but once the beat kicks in, the song really takes flight.

i'm here for the album version. although I liked it, the demo sounded generic to me, and I was always looking past that to enjoy the song. the album version is expertly restrained and way more complex, emotional and interesting than the demo.

i'm here for the album version. although I liked it, the demo sounded generic to me, and I was always looking past that to enjoy the song. the album version is expertly restrained and way more complex, emotional and interesting than the demo.

I agree with your assessment. I think the song is amazing, one of her all time best ballads (and best in general).

I guess we all hear different things. I feel she becomes a character with each song she sings, and in this case she is resigned to her fate, accepting what comes. I think it's a flawless vocal and one of the best songs of her career.

But that's just me.

Sorry to quote something from April but this is the ultimate truth. Love this song so much in its final version