WASH ALL OVER ME

Guest Pud Whacker

And I take it you balladeers also loved that she rubbed out the beat from Rebel Heart?

There were three pop songs for this album. Living for love, wash all over me and rebel heart. Now there's only one.

The rest are ballads, club songs and few mid tempos.

I love it all and every version but I am a bit disappointed that when I'm listening to the OFFICIAL release the only pop song is track 1.

Guest Pud Whacker

And I will bet these "drear mongers" are all Ray of Lighters. I know it. That foot tapping album had only one pop song, too! :rotfl:

I'm sorry (or not) but the demo version is LIFE while the album version is just OK. There is other ballads on the album way more better than this one.

And regarding RH, a lot of people said the demo should have been a single (if not, the 1st one!). I didn't hear anyone saying this about the album version. Once again, the demo is far more superior than the final version.

People really think that Madonna sat down with Avicii's writing team to come up with a bunch of DIRGES? (and yes I know what she said about being able to play every song on the piano or guitar, that means nothing) WAOM was most likely intended as a dance track from the start.... and in the end NO-ONE KNOWS for sure, so don't bother refuting it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm sorry (or not) but the demo version is LIFE while the album version is just OK. There is other ballads on the album way more better than this one.

And regarding RH, a lot of people said the demo should have been a single (if not, the 1st one!). I didn't hear anyone saying this about the album version. Once again, the demo is far more superior than the final version.

PREACH IT RUNA!!!

I think Avicci's illness and the fact that Rebel Heart and Wash all over me leaked so early, changed the whole scope of these songs. They were both euphoric pop songs at the beginning and probably were going to be that way. Madonna kind of alluded to that in a few of the interviews - that listening to views and opinions of leaked demos was hard for her. I am not sure of course but just my gut feeling.

Guest Pud Whacker

I think Avicci's illness and the fact that Rebel Heart and Wash all over me leaked so early, changed the whole scope of these songs. They were both euphoric pop songs at the beginning and probably were going to be that way. Madonna kind of alluded to that in a few of the interviews - that listening to views and opinions of leaked demos was hard for her. I am not sure of course but just my gut feeling.

yes. i agree 100%.

I can't find the demo for Rebel Heart. I only heard a snippet so can't compare. I do know I care more about what is being said in a song. Some songs I think are drowned out by overpowering music. It's too much.

I would imagine Madonna's vision for them are the ones on the album. I can't see her compromising her vision because of what someone else did.

You know the leaks really damaged the release of this album. She doesn't have to deal with enough I guess. It's ridiculous but she really needs to stay off the computer. For my own personal enjoyment I couldn't be happier with the album.

And I take it you balladeers also loved that she rubbed out the beat from Rebel Heart?

There were three pop songs for this album. Living for love, wash all over me and rebel heart. Now there's only one.

I love it all and every version but I am a bit disappointed that when I'm listening to the OFFICIAL release the only pop song is track 1.

No way, i really do not like what she did to rebel heart for the album - it was a masterpiece as it was.

I think you're right in saying she has removed the pop potential of many tracks. Inside out for example could have been amazing pop track.

Guest Pud Whacker

I can't find the demo for Rebel Heart. I only heard a snippet so can't compare. I do know I care more about what is being said in a song. Some songs I think are drowned out by overpowering music. It's too much.

I would imagine Madonna's vision for them are the ones on the album. I can't see her compromising her vision because of what someone else did.

You know the leaks really damaged the release of this album. She doesn't have to deal with enough I guess. It's ridiculous but she really needs to stay off the computer. For my own personal enjoyment I couldn't be happier with the album.

lets make no mistake here: I LOVE IT ALL!!!

you are talking to a person that actually does love Hey You, Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round. Pretender, I Know It and Cant Stop are the jam MALIKA!!!

all im saying is, when i was listening to the OFFICIAL release, the loss of the pop elements on Wash and Rebel was a little disappointing. i will live because i make my own playlist.

the final versions are great, they just lost that Oomph. that fabulous strength and ability to lift off the ground and fly.

theyre nice, easy listening ballads now.

you are talking to a person that actually does love Hey You, Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round. Pretender, I Know It and Cant Stop are the jam MALIKA!!!

all im saying is, when i was listening to OFFICIAL release, the loss of the pop elements on Wash and Rebel was a little disappointing. i will live because i make my own playlist.

the final versions are great, they just lost that Oomph. that fabulous strength and ability to lift off the ground and fly.

PREACH IT PUD !!!!

Actually, we were listening to the new ballad version on PCH on Malibu yesterday and it was cool but just whatever. Then we flipped on the demo for a comparison and the world and cd and all came alive.

So, I'm guessing with your theory, maybe sometimes unevolved works better in music!!!

:lol:

I'm on your team with this one, Pud.

Most of the demo versions have almost similar productions, the latter ones have ditched the piano and the first drop, but they all sound dated, clunky, tacky and all over the place, since all of them features the breakdown with that atrocious 808 beat. #sorrynotsorry :queenbitch:

Dated like 2014? Too bad they sounded like pop songs that could have become hits if polished a bit more. Her age aside, I wonder why Madonna doesn't get played on the radio with songs that sound like nothing the GP is into lately. LFL really doesn't sound like the kind of dance music played on the radio nowadays (the demo did sound like Kiesza but that would have been too much like yesterday's sound and she just can't do that).

Oh, you're speaking to my heart now.

849518.gif

And I will bet these "drear mongers" are all Ray of Lighters. I know it. That foot tapping album had only one pop song, too! :rotfl:

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Yes!

ryan-gosling-06-435.jpg

People really think that Madonna sat down with Avicii's writing team to come up with a bunch of DIRGES? (and yes I know what she said about being able to play every song on the piano or guitar, that means nothing) WAOM was most likely intended as a dance track from the start.... and in the end NO-ONE KNOWS for sure, so don't bother refuting it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Of course! She contacted Avicci so they could write the next Live To Tell and Take A Bow.

all im saying is, when i was listening to the OFFICIAL release, the loss of the pop elements on Wash and Rebel was a little disappointing. i will live because i make my own playlist.

verklempt-o.gif

I almost put my Team Pud membership on hold after hearing such sacrilege.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes!

ryan-gosling-06-435.jpg

Of course! She contacted Avicci so they could write the next Live To Tell and Take A Bow.

verklempt-o.gif

I almost put my Team Pud membership on hold after hearing such sacrilege.

after knowing that i love Hey You?!!!!

Hey You is FABULOUS!!!

first love yourself then...

Guest Pud Whacker

You say exactly what I think... I feel exactly just like you.

runa, weve always been cosmically connected!!! xo

When the first demos leaked, Kanye West was already involved in the project and WAOM had most likely already changed by then. Btw the final version has the exact vocals that were in Demo1 (acoustic). After that they tried it as a dance track. Imo it's obvious that this was originally intended to be a ballad, because Madonna delivered rather soft vocals that didn't suit the dance arrangements. The final version is much closer to the original, first demo.

What really happened to Avicii?

Acute pancreatitis - a potentially life-threatening condition. The number 1 cause of which is alcohol abuse (but of course may also be caused by other factors).

When the first demos leaked, Kanye West was already involved in the project and WAOM had most likely already changed by then. Btw the final version has the exact vocals that were in Demo1 (acoustic). After that they tried it as a dance track. Imo it's obvious that this was originally intended to be a ballad, because Madonna delivered rather soft vocals that didn't suit the dance arrangements. The final version is much closer to the original, first demo.

Yes I already mentioned earlier that she couldn't even be bothered to record new vocals. They are that bored sounding and as you say, soft, that they've had to, as I already mentioned, feign some sort of 'majestic' sound that just comes off as overcooked. Pipe organs and harps and trumpets and cymbal crashes are all that's missing

I also already mentioned that her aim with all the songs was to come up with something that could be played on guitar or piano as a BASE for every song as Madonna considers that a sign of good songwriting. That means nothing, nor do the labels demo 1 demo 4 demo whatever. The tracks written with dance/pop producers were intended to be dance/pop songs in my opinion.

theyre nice, easy listening ballads

now.

I remembered you liked Hey You and thought about that. :) I love Hey You for the concept of the song and think it has a lovely message. I liked the music of the demo for WAOM and I agree Living For Love is the most "pop" song on the album. The album kinda reminds me of Erotica in a way.

I think it depends greatly on how one interprets the song on which version they prefer. The album version affects me very deeply while the demo neutralizes those feelings.

This is probably the only song on the new album that I am really satisfied with: I like both demo and final versions, but they are like two separate songs for me.