WASH ALL OVER ME

Kanye stepped in before anything leaked so WAOM was already changed a long time ago. I hate it when all these demo-fans claim that the final versions are the reductive versions she was forced to change just because they prefer the demos. Yes she said she preferred the simplicity of certain demos but it's obvious not the case in WAOM.

Yes

For me, it's too deep to be "just" about a relationship. Maybe the end of a relationship contributed to how the subject feels, but it seems much bigger than just that.

Agreed.

Kanye stepped in before anything leaked so WAOM was already changed a long time ago. I hate it when all these demo-fans claim that the final versions are the reductive versions she was forced to change just because they prefer the demos. Yes she said she preferred the simplicity of certain demos but it's obvious not the case in WAOM.

How do you know which versions she liked better, though?

I always leaned more towards the relationship bit. Def more about the end of the relationship

Like she just wants to drown in her sorrow

As if the end of the relationship signifies the end of the world

How do you know which versions she liked better, though?

No one knows and that's why people should stop making assumptions of why a particular demo was changed. All we know for now is that M prefers how simplistic some demos were and the WAOM demo does not fit that description. I personally prefer the Rebel Heart demo but I will never say something like "she must have butchered it because of the leak" just because I like the demo better.

My first thought was that it was apocalyptic, about the world ending perhaps. Later I thought it could possibly be about aging/death.

It could very well be about a relationship ending, like others I wanted to think it was more than just some breakup song.

The lyrics really are kind of vague, I suppose one of us could ask her on twitter/instagram or something. :smile:

This is officially in my all time Madonna Top 20 as of this moment. The combination of stellar lyrics, vocals, and that melody in the chorus could take it to the top 15 soon :inlove:

Thank you. As if Madonna was going to change some song because it leaked. Don't people remember Candy Shop or GMAYL????

Agreed these different producers were brought in after the system hacks and the illness of Avicii last summer. There obviously wasn't enough time to change everything around after coming back from vacation in January so when she talks about vacillating between versions that most likely works out to a choice between those tracks with a 'final demo' ready to go after the leaks and the reworked album version.

Edited by elayman

My first thought was that it was apocalyptic, about the world ending perhaps. Later I thought it could possibly be about aging/death.

It could very well be about a relationship ending, like others I wanted to think it was more than just some breakup song.

The lyrics really are kind of vague, I suppose one of us could ask her on twitter/instagram or something. :smile:

I'm sure it's meant to be vague. She may have had something in particular in mind, but she likes her listeners to draw their own meanings from her songs. :)

Yes. For example somebody here explained that the song reminds him to somebody who is about to commit suicide. For me, it's a song about accepting something and then go with the tide but come back renovated.

When you suffer a very hard emotional shock, part of your brain tries to block reality, you can't get all that pain at once. It comes a moment when you accept it and move with the wave of sadness, until you come clean.

So just how does one turn a potential CLUB SMASH into a DIRGE, I hear you ask? Why, a sprinkle of...

With a soupçon of (no, not the rolling ocean or galloping horses.....but a DIDGERIDOO of course

All the final, overdone, overdramatic chorus is missing, is a heavenly host of ANGLES sounding their trumpets.

angels.jpg

I love you for this. My thoughts exactly!

The album version is just perfect. its sooooo perfect.

The demos were a muddled mess. the frantic strings, and dated drums were all over the place, and worked against the soaring glorious melody that the final version really pushes forward.

pretty much all the reviews ive seen have all been completely gushing about this track, and rightly so!

The demos were a muddled mess. the frantic strings, and dated drums were all over the place, and worked against the soaring glorious melody that the final version really pushes forward.

pretty much all the reviews ive seen have all been completely gushing about this track, and rightly so!

:thumbsup:

+1

Amen.

Guest Pud Whacker

^ she may do in a parallel universe where they haven't evolved and still live among the 2010 beats.

Actually, we were listening to the new ballad version on PCH on Malibu yesterday and it was cool but just whatever. Then we flipped on the demo for a comparison and the world and cd and all came alive.

So, I'm guessing with your theory, maybe sometimes unevolved works better in music!!!

:lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

The reason why Into The Groove was a her biggest hit. It was a demo and not mulled over for years.

I never listened to any other demo from WAOM, except the first one. There were to many demos leaking that i lost count.

Are you people refering to another demo and i've been wrong with all my posts? Because if that's the case, i retire all I said because i didn't listen to any other tune.

Guest Pud Whacker

I never listened to any other demo from WAOM, except the first one. There were to many demos leaking that i lost count.

Are you people refering to another demo and i've been wrong with all my posts? Because if that's the case, i retire all I said because i didn't listen to any other tune.

no, im talking about the first one that has LIFE in it. the one that sounds like a pop song.

Most of the demo versions have almost similar productions, the latter ones have ditched the piano and the first drop, but they all sound dated, clunky, tacky and all over the place, since all of them features the breakdown with that atrocious 808 beat. #sorrynotsorry :queenbitch:

Guest Pud Whacker

Most of the demo versions have almost similar productions, the latter ones have ditched the piano and the first drop, but they all sound dated, clunky, tacky and all over the place, since all of them features the breakdown with that atrocious 808 beat. #sorrynotsorry :queenbitch:

all that monster talk doesnt cure the final versions boredom.

all that monster talk doesnt cure the final versions boredom.

thats like saying the power of goodbye would have been a better had it been a dance track. WAOM as a dance / pop number reminded of how DJ's turn songs like 'My Heart Will Go On' into cheesy euro dance tracks in tacky gay clubs!

Well, i admit that some ballads are more powerful remixed :chuckle: like that Adele's "Fire through the Rain" or Mariah "Against all Odds"

There's this Adele fan at work and the face he made when i told him "oh i finally like a song from Adele, that great remix with the word Fire".