WASH ALL OVER ME

Anyone notice when she gets to the Tower of Babylon line, there is a sound like horses galloping that creates this cinematic feeling like you're in a fantasy movie?

And also. Writing amazing lines in a pop song that reference the Tower of Babylon. Your fave could never :)

^I hate that expression but needed to use it once

YES! I thought I was the only one -- about the horses

^ You can hear what I think you are talking about earlier in the song as well. That's interesting that you guys think it's horses. It doesn't sound like horses to me but I can't make up my mind what it sounds like. The closest I came to was sea foam coming on shore. I like the idea of horses as well.

Guest Medoner

''In a world thats changing, im a stranger, in a strange land'' - this. line. tho. it plays in my head everyday, what an epic beginning to a epic song

Why is everyone being so morbid? I like Phineaspoe's interpretation as one possibility. I had thought it was about accepting the end of a relationship. Sort of like Falling Free on MDNA.

I'm not seeing where anyone's being morbid, just a bunch of praise for this masterpiece.

I like the relationship interpretation, but I also think it could take place in an apocalyptic world, OR it could be written from the point of view of someone facing old age or death, sure it could. We have to remember that Madonna has said she likes to mix fact and fiction in her lyrics, so songs are not always about her per se. She becomes characters sometimes.

The song to me is painfully sad and also hopeful at the same time.

I'm not seeing where anyone's being morbid, just a bunch of praise for this masterpiece.

I like the relationship interpretation, but I also think it could take place in an apocalyptic world, OR it could be written from the point of view of someone facing old age or death, sure it could. We have to remember that Madonna has said she likes to mix fact and fiction in her lyrics, so songs are not always about her per se. She becomes characters sometimes.

The song to me is painfully sad and also hopeful at the same time.

I meant all the people saying the song was about facing death. M is not that old! She said herself, people live to be 100yo. Then why would she be singing about death? Anyway, as you and others have said, she makes her songs ambiguous, and open to interpretation, so to each their own I guess.

I meant all the people saying the song was about facing death. M is not that old! She said herself, people live to be 100yo. Then why would she be singing about death? Anyway, as you and others have said, she makes her songs ambiguous, and open to interpretation, so to each their own I guess.

OMG no, Madonna isn't old at all! She will be recording music into her 80s I do believe. But yeah, I just believe that she could be portraying a character in this song who is at some kind of an ending, whether physical or spiritual. I was an English major, so I live for this interpretive shit! You should see some of my thoughts on DWRY :laugh: Regardless, WAOM is one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the privilege to hear.

The overall tone and lyrics makes me interpret it as someone going through a difficult time, looking at life, possibly thinking about ending his own physical life on his terms, but then realizing that it shouldn't be in his own hands. And when the time does come to transition out of the physical life, he will embrace it.

I agree that it's both sad and hopeful at the same time- Madonna treads those lines very well. It;s like, damn, what she's singing in the verses is so sad, but then that chorus sets in and she takes you there.

I'm trying so hard to get over all the clutter they have thrown over her vocals.

Everything is too distorted. I wish the voice treatment were the same as the other ballads in the album, where she sounds so great. It's as if the demo voice had been badly recorded, but they wanted to use it anyway.

I agree that it's both sad and hopeful at the same time- Madonna treads those lines very well. It;s like, damn, what she's singing in the verses is so sad, but then that chorus sets in and she takes you there.

Although the lyrics are sad, when she says "wash all over me", it means a new beginning. I agree that it's hopeful too!

Guest Medoner

^ she may do in a parallel universe where they haven't evolved and still live among the 2010 beats.

Love you for this

I can't be thankful enough! Has there ever a case of another artist having two great versions of a song?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BOTH versions! I have different videos in my mind for both!

The final version is so hauntingly epic... and sad.. yet, hopeful...

So just how does one turn a potential CLUB SMASH into a DIRGE, I hear you ask? Why, a sprinkle of...

With a soupçon of (no, not the rolling ocean or galloping horses.....but a DIDGERIDOO of course

All the final, overdone, overdramatic chorus is missing, is a heavenly host of ANGLES sounding their trumpets.

angels.jpg

^We must be listening to different thins, because the version of WAOM on the album is majestic. I never listened to the demo, but I recall some negative comments about it, that it sounds basic, etc.

^We must be listening to different thins, because the version of WAOM on the album is majestic. I never listened to the demo, but I recall some negative comments about it, that it sounds basic, etc.

Exactly, WAOM transformed from a campy dated gay club remix to an ethereal album closer :stir:

Guest Sinisin

Btw, its OK to like Avicci. Ffs, hug a human being and take a breath.

IMHO, she intended for this to be uptempo, or ALL the demos wouldnt be dance...

This song was not meant to be Falling Free 2.0.

Btw, its OK to like Avicci. Ffs, hug a human being and take a breath.

IMHO, she intended for this to be uptempo, or ALL the demos wouldnt be dance...

This song was not meant to be Falling Free 2.0.

Take a deep breath.

The song was written as a piano ballad at first. How were ALL the demos dance? The dance versions were the first ones that leaked, but there were variations of WAOM and RH that were NOT dance at all .

Guest Sinisin

Of course it was a ballad at the very beginning, but listen to the progression. My point is that this particular track is not what i believe to be the intended outcome. Alot of us feel this way and with the knowledge of M changing things because of the leaks, well, #3 is life. :p