WASH ALL OVER ME

Madonna has created one of the greatest songs of hers or anyone's career. This is a song of great majesty. The lyrics (which some dumb ass on another forum was saying are nonsense and ruin the song) are some of the best I have ever heard in pop music. The vocals, the melody, the production, the sentiment, the theme.

This and Inside Out can take pride of place among the best one-two punches in her entire discography.

I loved the demo and love the album version even more. I'm obsessed with the Babylon reference (really that entire part of the song), it's so beautiful. I'm sure this will bother people but I think the song is so much more bewitching when listened to in the context of a person accepting and embracing their impending death. OBVIOUSLY Madonna is not actually singing about killing herself, but I take pleasure in making up my own meanings/stories with songs.

For me, the character singing this has come to terms with the fact that the end is near and has grown to a point of welcoming it with open arms. Sort of like in the book Tuesdays with Morrie, but far more epic haha. I like to picture this character as Madonna, the way she was made up in the Harper's Bazzar shoot last year (with the chain-link armor/knight outfit and sword), standing proudly atop in the hanging gardens of Babylon while the sun begins to set. :inlove:

Oh god, I promise I'm not insane haha.

I loved the demo and love the album version even more. I'm obsessed with the Babylon reference (really that entire part of the song), it's so beautiful. I'm sure this will bother people but I think the song is so much more bewitching when listened to in the context of a person accepting and embracing their impending death. OBVIOUSLY Madonna is not actually singing about killing herself, but I take pleasure in making up my own meanings/stories with songs.

For me, the character singing this has come to terms with the fact that the end is near and has grown to a point of welcoming it with open arms. Sort of like in the book Tuesdays with Morrie, but far more epic haha. I like to picture this character as Madonna, the way she was made up in the Harper's Bazzar shoot last year (with the chain-link armor/knight outfit and sword), standing proudly atop in the hanging gardens of Babylon while the sun begins to set. :inlove:

I don't think you're insane at all. The Babylon verse is one of my favorite parts of the whole album, and it gives me chills. I love that the song can be interpreted in multiple ways: an apocalyptic fantasy world, growing old and thinking about mortality, etc. It's astounding, and it's wrapped in a gorgeous melody and pristine vocals.

Madonna has created one of the greatest songs of hers or anyone's career. This is a song of great majesty. The lyrics (which some dumb ass on another forum was saying are nonsense and ruin the song) are some of the best I have ever heard in pop music. The vocals, the melody, the production, the sentiment, the theme.

This and Inside Out can take pride of place among the best one-two punches in her entire discography.

i would add HeartBrakeCity and RH...

some wish to have one of them in their entire careers...she had just in one album....the 14th.....

I love your interpretation. To me, it's almost like a continuation of Mer Girl, after the person in Mer Girl has gone through a lot more life and is no longer trying to run away, but accept the confusion that comes with living.

I love your interpretation. To me, it's almost like a continuation of Mer Girl, after the person in Mer Girl has gone through a lot more life and is no longer trying to run away, but accept the confusion that comes with living.

Oh, I like this!

I know that I throw around "tears!" and "crying" a lot, but this song actually makes REAL tears fall from my eyes, that final chorus :dramatic:

I LOVE the new version. I loved the old one as well but the new one's truly remarkable.Towards the end it just gets so intense and incredible. I want this to be a single with a gorgeous and emotional video.

Guest Medoner

The demo has its good parts - especially the beats in the verses - but overall i think the final waom is superb in comparison. I just feel like the demo wouldve not lasted on anyones playlist for more than a few months or so. The final song is just.... Its so unbelievably good. Took me some time though

The Avicii mixes are quite meh IMO, but the final version by Kanye is AMAAAAAAAZIIING! :bow:

Almost brought tears to my eyes the last time I heard it :cries:

Can't get enough of it.

"Who am I, to decide what should be done.... If this is the end, then let it come... let it come, let it rain..... rain all over me... like the tide, let it flow, let it wash all over me". :inlove:

This song is so beautiful. I didn't like the demo one, it simply took all the magic and was praying for a accoustic one, so i was in heaven when the album included this wonderful rendition, with the beautiful harmonies and drums.

The lyrics are so great. Not keen of the overal distorsion, but it doesn't bother much, being the rest so wonderful.

By the way, it's the perfect ending in the standard version.

Anyone notice when she gets to the Tower of Babylon line, there is a sound like horses galloping that creates this cinematic feeling like you're in a fantasy movie?

And also. Writing amazing lines in a pop song that reference the Tower of Babylon. Your fave could never :)

^I hate that expression but needed to use it once

Had it on in my car, repeated it a few times. This is gonna be such an anthem on the tour. We all should sing along..

There are almost too many anthems on this album! It's gonna be tough to hold back tears every other moment.

LFL

GT

UB

BIM

HT

I

HC

WOAM

M

RH

I may even be missing some.