HOLY WATER

Guest eroticerotic

i think it should be a single too. it really grew on me. and i hated it at first lol. its one of the tracks i listen to the most. i knew the live performance would do that!

I love this song. First time I heard it, I didn't really like it as I was like wtf but after a few days I began loving it. Though, I cringe at the line "yesus loves my.....", it's too harsh for the song and that line is just embarrassing, when the rest of the song is calm, it disrupts the flow. I wish I could find a way to remove that line out of the song then it would be perfect.

Lyrically speaking it is very simple. Of course it's about sex and that eating out thing she's previously explored in Where Life Begins. But the over all meaning is definitely a play on sacrilegious themes that she also explored in songs and videos before. I think this song is more about the beats and the sound to be honest.. The message is kind of crazy and the Jezus Loves My Pussy Best line is a case in point. I really love the tune though. It's got a vibe; and the way all of a sudden it has a bassy sound repeating the line Don't It Taste Like Holy Water? gives me a sense of prohibition and darkness as a contrast to the poppy and joyful sensation in the first chorus. It kind gives me the idea that some peeps still view sex as something sinful, bad and forbidden but in reality it's something we should embrace and celebrate.

it s a very female point of view song

smtng I can witness but not expirience .

the pleasure and pain / sex - religion - birth

and it s more about who s she s singing to .. wo(men) .

when I saw the RH tour performance I couldn t help thinking about her instag post about the italian nun suor cristina ( like a virgin ) and the "bitch get off my pole " line and the MDNA priests on high heels in GGW .

They are ( TO ME) clear M messages about gender roles in catholicism and the questions I see her doing is WHY NOT ?

it s a very female point of view song

smtng I can witness but not expirience .

the pleasure and pain / sex - religion - birth

and it s more about who s she s singing to .. wo(men) .

when I saw the RH tour performance I couldn t help thinking about her instag post about the italian nun suor cristina ( like a virgin ) and the "bitch get off my pole " line and the MDNA priests on high heels in GGW .

They are ( TO ME) clear M messages about gender roles in catholicism and the questions I see her doing is WHY NOT ?

Your interpretation makes sense as I've never understood what the Bitch Get Off My Pole line really meant.. I've always thought it was just thrown there for crazy reasons like the Jezus line. I still think it's a crazy song about oral sex from a woman point of view.

uhhhh.......

i can kind of agree with the reviewers with this one. i thought from what i read that everyone was being prudish about the song. but after listening. i get it. it's just not up to par with the rest of the album. it doesn't help that it comes straight after heartbreakcity and body shop.

i don't want to be awful but this song reminds me of something off christina's bionic :lol:

i do like the futuristic sounds during "bitch get off my pole" and before the chorus. and i love "YEEZUS LOVES MY PUSSY BEST". it's a shame these things and the concept of "holy water" didn't get a better song to shine on :(

(i hope she doesn't perform this on tour )

TO THOSE THAT LOVE THIS SONG: FANGIRL AWAY IN THIS THREAD. sorry for upsetting you :lol:

happy 8 madonna's shows!!! :laugh:

it was one of the 3 songs i didn't like on the albums (and of course all of them are on the tour...), but the tour version is really gorgeous!!!

Two teenagers I teach told me this is their favorite song on the album after I hounded them to listen to the whole thing. What a great influence I am on the minds of the future :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Lyrically speaking it is very simple. Of course it's about sex and that eating out thing she's previously explored in Where Life Begins. But the over all meaning is definitely a play on sacrilegious themes that she also explored in songs and videos before. I think this song is more about the beats and the sound to be honest.. The message is kind of crazy and the Jezus Loves My Pussy Best line is a case in point. I really love the tune though. It's got a vibe; and the way all of a sudden it has a bassy sound repeating the line Don't It Taste Like Holy Water? gives me a sense of prohibition and darkness as a contrast to the poppy and joyful sensation in the first chorus. It kind gives me the idea that some peeps still view sex as something sinful, bad and forbidden but in reality it's something we should embrace and celebrate.

Interesting analogy.