HOLY WATER

yeah,I think alot of people don't 'get' the humor of this song.In the RS interview,Madonna comments on the humor aspect of the song.It's clearly meant to be tongue in cheek (no pun intended,lol)

It's not that people don't get the "humor" of the song. It isn't that I find the song unfunny or serious or whatever. I just find it lyrically lazy, with literally only two memorable lines: "bitch, get off of my pole", "kiss it better, kiss it better, don't it taste like holy water". It's sonically weak in terms of melody compared to the other tracks and that's why it's rather forgettable and a skip track for me.

It does have its highlights: "bless yourself and genuflect", "Yeezus loves my pussy best"

It's not that people don't get the "humor" of the song. It isn't that I find the song unfunny or serious or whatever. I just find it lyrically lazy, with literally only two memorable lines: "bitch, get off of my pole", "kiss it better, kiss it better, don't it taste like holy water". It's sonically weak in terms of melody compared to the other tracks and that's why it's rather forgettable and a skip track for me.

It does have its highlights: "bless yourself and genuflect", "Yeezus loves my pussy best"

agreed. the subject matter has nothing to do with why i don't like this song. i love M's humour and she can sing about anything she wants. it just doesn't have that "something"

I do agree....those two lines are the highlight :)

I'm sorry but it's the best song for me. The production is sick. I love it and I want it live thank you very much.

Yassss! Sorry Carly but you will be jamming at the concert to this! And you'll like it :lol:

It sounds like a French song in that bit before the chorus...kiss it there, kiss it there. That's the only part that jams the flow for me

Yassss! Sorry Carly but you will be jamming at the concert to this! And you'll like it :lol:

It sounds like a French song in that bit before the chorus...kiss it there, kiss it there. That's the only part that jams the flow for me

it has grown on me slightly. slightly :lol:

Well, most tracks are shitting me in one way or another so who am I to judge :lol:

can you imagine if this album had have just come out when we sat for like 5 hours when we first met and discussed her whole discography :rotfl: we wouldn't have gone home!!

Guest Pud Whacker

she spoiled us with this album. so many songs! something for everyone.

i would have left this off the standard and put it on super deluxe. but its not my album!!!

Shut up stupid cunts, stupid sluts, stupid harlots you all, this song is ONE OF THE BEST. :thumbsdown:

wtf?!