BODY SHOP

I really really did not like this track when I first listened to the demo when it leaked. I only played it twice and found it so passable. It sounded like someone kind of like Ingrid Michaelson or Regina Spektor or someother VH1 you oughta know artist. And I was so shocked that so many people were loving this song. When the tracklist was revealed, I was shocked by it's inclusion. But when I finally heard the full album last night, something happened, I kinda fell for the song. The production was improved, but I love the song now. It's so clever, witty, and well written.

This is actually why I always liked it! It sorta had this little "girly indie artist" vibe to it! Oh well, haha. LOVE your avatar by the way.

FIXED

These are totes the real lyrics. That site had some shit fucked up. They didn't even get all the car language she's playing around with :lol:

And they missed what makes it "explicit" :)

I agree with all those lyrics except, doesn't she say "with all these curves we might need to have the brakes looked at"? To me, that would make more sense, as it would refer to her body. And I know "transmission" makes sense but I hear her singing "tradition". I cannot hear "tranmission", no matter how hard I try. :lol: Am I just getting old and losing my hearing? :rotfl: Is there a fucking car part called a tradition? :lol: I don't know shit about cars. These lyrics are too macho for me. :lol:

And I know "transmission" makes sense but I hear her singing "tradition". I cannot hear "tranmission", no matter how hard I try. :lol: Am I just getting old and losing my hearing? :rotfl: Is there a fucking car part called a tradition? :lol: . These lyrics are too macho for me. :lol:

Mar08201520bbbb.gif

I love this song so much, every early on it was one of my favs, and I feel JOY whenever i listen to it. That's the word, JOY.

Yes! good word!

I need to give it time to grow on me. It is the only song on the Deluxe version that I haven't gotten into fully.

But with more listens, I find more elements in it I like.

Welcome to the forum btw. I've enjoyed reading your comments and passion for the Rebel Heart songs :)

Welcome to the forum btw. I've enjoyed reading your comments and passion for the Rebel Heart songs :)

Thank you so much! I really do love it.

It seems she really poured her heart into it.

The album title is fitting.

It's a new DR LECTER ACCLAIMED TRACK

I love the way you can barely make out what the fuck she is saying in the first verse

"Masterpiece" + the acoustic version of "La Isla Bonita" = this. I could so imagine a flamenco performance of this with her having a beret on. Love the song.

Guest Medoner

In love love LOOVE with the ending of the song! Body Shop would be ideal in a movie scene where they show bits and pieces of a couples journey through middle eastern areas, playing the song in the back. I can see the couple lying down happily laughing in their arab -styled hotel room before going to sleep, whilst body shops ending is playing. Its almost 4 AM and im getting really weird lol

"Masterpiece" + the acoustic version of "La Isla Bonita" = this. I could so imagine a flamenco performance of this with her having a beret on. Love the song.

What lovely references! Vocally i'm not sure there are any other songs to compare it to, though.

I hope she brings back Don't Tell Me to pair it up with as well.

Sweet song, and one of the few M songs where I can't make out the words. But that sort of adds to it, like when you hear a foreign language song that sounds beautiful but you have no idea what they are singing. You can paint your own mental picture to go with the sounds, which in this case are the lilting Indian vibes.

Guest whatatramp

At first I was like "what kind of iPad advert?" but I love it now

it's has grown on me so much, it's my fave on the album atm!