HEARTBREAKCITY

i know everybody will laugh behind me...but listening to the song tonight on the way home in my scooter, i made an association with Edith Piaf :ohmy:

(maybe it was the 4 hours reharsals :roadrunner: )

One of the best songs on the record. The vocal delivery is one of her best!

It's such a strong track with a perfect arrangement.

Btw did you notice that the repetition of the second thorus has been chopped when you compare it with the demo?

You can even hear her sing "and" around the 3:00-minute mark, but then it's cut. :D

This song deserves to be lavished with praise, and I have no problem bumping the thread repeatedly tbh.

Ice cold, spine chilling, amazing vocal performance from the one true Queen.

I knew you would like it! :)

Amazing. I love the Brahaim on Blast tracks. So honest and so emotional. This one is well crafted from beginning to end. I'm loving these lyrics.

Amazing. I love the Brahaim on Blast tracks. So honest and so emotional. This one is well crafted from beginning to end. I'm loving these lyrics.

Absolutely!

Back to work for me tomorrow after a week of Madonna, so I'm just sitting here bumping song threads so we can worship again :laugh:

"I curse the day we met."

Don't tell Living for Love, Ghosttown, Devil Pray, Body Shop, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Rebel Heart, WAOM, Messiah, Inside Out, S.E.X., Joan of Arc, or Best Night...

but I think this is my favorite song off the album...

I have been hounding Guy with tweets that this should be a single even if a Bside(doubleA side) seeing the length. I want people to hear this song. This is a feminist anthem as good as any we have had in the last 10 years. It's my most listened to track off the album. It's the lyrics I first learned. I just love it.

I am discovering new things in each song as I continue to enjoy Rebel Heart. It strikes me how different Madonna's voice sounds on Heartbreak City from Wash All Over Me, yet both vocals are completely Madonna. She has an edge of bitterness on this track that is so powerful.

I like to picture her before recording each song, getting herself prepared for the specific type of vocal she is about to deliver. What an artist.

I CURSE THE DAY WE MET!

:stir:

It's gonna be amazing when she performs this on tour, I'm trying to envision it, her alone on stage, kind of like the LAV/l\Love Spent MDNA performance, it must be really theatrical

You said I was your queen

I tried to give you everything

And now you want your freedom

:cries:

You got just what you came for

A bit of fame and fortune

And I'm no longer needed

*falls down to her knees*

You said it was over

Wanted it to end

:dramatic:

I CURSE THE DAY WE MET!

:stir:

It's gonna be amazing when she performs this on tour, I'm trying to envision it, her alone on stage, kind of like the LAV/l\Love Spent MDNA performance, it must be really theatrical

You said I was your queen

I tried to give you everything

And now you want your freedom

:cries:

You got just what you came for

A bit of fame and fortune

And I'm no longer needed

*falls down to her knees*

You said it was over

Wanted it to end

:dramatic:

Its the sort of track I can imagine she might not do live because it's too taxing, vocally and emotionally.

Its the sort of track I can imagine she might not do live because it's too taxing, vocally and emotionally.

I don't know...I think LFL and Ghosttown are vocally more difficult to perform than Heartbreakcity would be. She must do it!

If I had one complaint about the whole Rebel Heart album as a whole, it would be that the line "And I still feel shitty" was taken out of this song. :cries:

It's even more perfection now tho. :dramatic:

I have been hounding Guy with tweets that this should be a single even if a Bside(doubleA side) seeing the length. I want people to hear this song. This is a feminist anthem as good as any we have had in the last 10 years. It's my most listened to track off the album. It's the lyrics I first learned. I just love it.

people are loving this. Hopefully I get into it at some point but right now it's one of the weaker tracks for me on the album.

This seems very anchored by her vocal. The drums and the male background vocals are nice flourishes, but it's relatively sparse overall, and the melody line is basically carried by her vocal. I also love the contrast in her vocal here compared to the other ballads GT, WAOM, and Messiah.

Love it.

This seems very anchored by her vocal. The drums and the male background vocals are nice flourishes, but it's relatively sparse overall, and the melody line is basically carried by her vocal. I also love the contrast in her vocal here compared to the other ballads GT, WAOM, and Messiah.

Love it.

this is what I meant by vocally taxing, she has to be at full vocal force, with emotion behind it, for the song to work. On Ghosttown, although the vocal is prominent, has a much softer style during the verses, and has backup on the chorus. I mean it could still work, she did it with LAV last time

Love it.

It's also anchored on the piano, no? And we don't have many piano ballads to relish. (I actually can't think of any. Bad Girl? Flop fan...)

It's also anchored on the piano, no? And we don't have many piano ballads to relish. (I actually can't think of any. Bad Girl? Flop fan...)

Promise to try! Oh Father to an extent, Secret Garden, MDNA Like a Virgin