Question - Madonna promo rehearsal schedule

Does anyone have any insight into how Madonna's rehearsal schedule works for promo appearances?

It seems like awfully quick for her to have learned new dance steps to a remix of Living for Love after doing two performances with slightly different choreography to a different version.

As we know, for her promo tours prior, every promo appearance featured either the same choreography, or very slight variations. (i.e. Hung Up). How long does it take her to hash out something like Living for Love at the Grammys? Was she hashing out and planning the promo performances during the latter part of the year? Or is it so quick that it's all planned, rehearsed and executed within a couple of weeks? Also, does she rehearse by herself away from the dancers, and then join in for final rehearsals at the last minute?

I've always wondered how this process works. Any insight appreciated.

I was curious about this too. I know she has a gym in in her townhouse. Does she learn/practice moves there? Also, curious if she has a studio in her home...a little off topic. Can someone give her a ring and ask her?

Guest Rachelle of London

She defo has a dance studio in her NYC house because a few of the dancers said they had their auditions there.

A lot of the time the dancers will go through the choreography by themselves with the choreographer and then they insert Madonna during rehearsal time. She's a pro the elements around her take more time to get right than what involves her. So by the time they're ready to rehearse fully she knows what she's doing and so do they.

Most productions work like this tbh. It's Cost effective and easier to balance schedules.

Well to all the people wondering why she took off that time between the Grammys and the Brits. Here's why: she didn't take it off. She most likely spent that two week period rehearsing not only for the Brits but for all the different performances for the promo tour.

Well to all the people wondering why she took off that time between the Grammys and the Brits. Here's why: she didn't take it off. She most likely spent that two week period rehearsing not only for the Brits but for all the different performances for the promo tour.

This

Guest bluejean

Exactly. Although I suspect she could learn that choreography within one day. But she also needs to take care of the performance as a whole. And then there are a lot of other details involved like costumes, the music etc

Does anyone have any insight into how Madonna's rehearsal schedule works for promo appearances?

It seems like awfully quick for her to have learned new dance steps to a remix of Living for Love after doing two performances with slightly different choreography to a different version.

As we know, for her promo tours prior, every promo appearance featured either the same choreography, or very slight variations. (i.e. Hung Up). How long does it take her to hash out something like Living for Love at the Grammys? Was she hashing out and planning the promo performances during the latter part of the year? Or is it so quick that it's all planned, rehearsed and executed within a couple of weeks? Also, does she rehearse by herself away from the dancers, and then join in for final rehearsals at the last minute?

I've always wondered how this process works. Any insight appreciated.

Gaga?

Well the Grammys was one thing, for the Brits she maintained a few things and added a new ones, and for LGJ it seemed like a light version olf the Brits, there wasn't a round stage so she improvised with the stairs and the final choreo, it's hard, but not impossible.