The Album - Cover, Pics, Booklet

Interestingly, this appears to be the cover of the promo copy given to the Swedish edition of the music magazine Gaffa:

75cd29c72153_142649635113_coverstor2.jpe

Strange... I just got a CD by Azealia Banks ('Broke With Expensive Taste'), and it's got everything; a 15-page booklet (+ a cardbox cover and back cover), lots of photos, all lyrics, all production and writing credits, acknowledgements... Everything! Many CD album liners still print lyrics, credits, and in quite some cases, photos.

Madonna's studio albums used to have lyrics and a few photos until 'Erotica' that had several more pictures. It remained that way until 'Music' that did not have lyrics (just lines from the song 'Music'). And now, even credits are missing... Why so cheap? We're talking about MADONNA here, not some very low budget artist. If Banks, Depeche Mode, Fall Out Boy and other acts can afford complete liners, why not M? Is it M's doing or her record company (Interscope, and Warner for pre-MDNA records)?

Edited by Arckangel

Guest Norig

Weird its annoying as i love reading the info while listening to the album. I think the leak has something to do with the lack of info.

A member on the popjustice forums emailed Universal for a list of production credits, and they replied saying that they didn't have the info :huh:

:rotfl:

It bothers me SO MUCH that all the spines say REBEL HEART _ MADONNA rather than having her name first like every other CD spine in the world :americanlife::grr:

And yeah, why didn't he use the hand lettering on the spine and the back cover? Ugh

Coz he's a spineless cunt is why.

Madonna's studio albums used to have lyrics and a few photos until 'Erotica' that had several more pictures. It remained that way until 'Music' that did not have lyrics. And now, even credits are missing... Why so cheap? We're talking about MADONNA here, not some very low budget artist. If Banks, Depeche Mode, Fall Out Boy and other acts can afford complete liners, why not M? Is it M's doing or her record company (Interscope, and Warner for pre-MDNA records)?

My Music copy has the lyrics. Did I get a rare copy?

Do you think the lyrics aren't printed in the booklet, because they had to rush the release and didn't want to print WRONG producers etc., because there were so many versions of several songs?

It never stopped them with Celebrations release

Strange... I just got a CD by Azealia Banks ('Broke With Expensive Taste'), and it's got everything; a 15-page booklet (+ a cardbox cover and back cover), lots of photos, all lyrics, all production and writing credits, acknowledgements... Everything! Many CD album liners still print lyrics, credits, and in quite some cases, photos.

Madonna's studio albums used to have lyrics and a few photos until 'Erotica' that had several more pictures. It remained that way until 'Music' that did not have lyrics. And now, even credits are missing... Why so cheap? We're talking about MADONNA here, not some very low budget artist. If Banks, Depeche Mode, Fall Out Boy and other acts can afford complete liners, why not M? Is it M's doing or her record company (Interscope, and Warner for pre-MDNA records)?

You're awsome and i love you!!!

Got my Super Deluxe version yesterday and I LOVED the packaging!! It still hasn't lyrics or credits (oh well) but it's very beautiful and well done. Best booklet / packaging since COADF, which has an amazing booklet imo!!

A member on the popjustice forums emailed Universal for a list of production credits, and they replied saying that they didn't have the info :huh:

At this point it seems to me like they actually haven't even sorted out the publishing percentages with the army of people who worked on the album, hence no credits yet.

I think that we'll get the credits in April. I think that's why the album was originally going to be out in April, to sort out all the publishing rights.

that's what i remember....

like one verse per page...

Yeah something like:

Do you like to Gambi Bambi?

Do you like my acid cunt?

Guest bluejean

Another flaw in the design is the vinyl spine!

The text is positioned the wrong way!!!

fwmzgz.jpg

I'm going to pretend its intentional to keep with the "Rebel" theme and doing things differently

:lmao:

Guest bluejean

I haven't even bought a physical copy yet. Only digital. I was thinking of getting:

Deluxe

Super Deluxe

Vinyl

Living For Love CD single

Do I need the regular edition or is that a waste of time?

Guest Rocco Papa

I haven't even bought a physical copy yet. Only digital. I was thinking of getting:

Deluxe

Super Deluxe

Vinyl

Living For Love CD single

Do I need the regular edition or is that a waste of time?

I didn't get the standard, just the deluxe and super deluxe.

Here's an unboxing video of all three editions, so you can judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hgmaj_Dy5U

I love the photography, love the handwritten typography and loathe loathe loathe the stupid type on the back over and spine. It's the laziest shit since Bedtime Stories' back cover. Its an embarrasement to Graphic Design. I mean wtf is the underscore _ all about??? Also having two song titles on one line, then random ones on their own? It's like design from 15 years ago, so dated and completely stupid for this release! Don't get me started on the spine!!! REBEL HEART_MADONNA??? I mean really. Giovanni be gone with you! (Or whoever the fuck designed it as we have no credits!)