The Album - Cover, Pics, Booklet

The Deluxe Version of Rebel Heart was the only version of the CD on the shelves in my local JB HiFi store today. And not even displayed prominently.

An aside: has anyone else noticed the copyright on the release is 2014? What gives? It's a 2015 release!!

The Deluxe Version of Rebel Heart was the only version of the CD on the shelves in my local JB HiFi store today. And not even displayed prominently.

An aside: has anyone else noticed the copyright on the release is 2014? What gives? It's a 2015 release!!

Some of the songs were released in 2014, so I imagine they're saying the songs are covered by copyright since 2014.

Any ideas why the booklet doesn't include the most flawless picture of the whole photoshoot, her lying on the floor wearing a white sweatshirt? Plus it's also a shame that the super deluxe edition doesn't include the RS cover picture (although it has the gag pic twice! wtf? one of them only a close-up of her mouth), but it's in the deluxe booklet. It's all a bit random. EDIT: the RS spread picture is also omitted. WTF? I need all those amazing pictures in physical format.

Rolling Stone magazine is a physical format. :D

Haha :D Indeed. But as a European I'd rather spend my money on tour tickets than ordering the magazine and paying a billion dollars for shipping costs.

Any ideas why the booklet doesn't include the most flawless picture of the whole photoshoot, her lying on the floor wearing a white sweatshirt? Plus it's also a shame that the super deluxe edition doesn't include the RS cover picture (although it has the gag pic twice! wtf? one of them only a close-up of her mouth), but it's in the deluxe booklet. It's all a bit random. EDIT: the RS spread picture is also omitted. WTF? I need all those amazing pictures in physical format.

The RS cover photo is probably an exclusive for the magazine

The only thing I found a bit disappointing about this era so far is the booklet (deluxe). I wanted something more than few beautiful pictures and track titles (Music and COADF did it better already).

Guest ziggy

The RS cover photo is probably an exclusive for the magazine

No, it is included in one of the booklets.

Overall, these endless booklets and covers similar to, yet different from, each other are a bit of a head scratcher. It looks like they threw a bunch of photos in a bin, picked them back up one by one, and blindly mix-and-matched them into three random combinations without a dynamic layout plan. Very confusing.

Having said this, the original cover shot with the wires is destined to become one of the all-time iconic M covers.

Edited by ziggy

I noticed my absolute favorite shot - the cover of Mojo, and the new main header pic on her official site (the crucifix nose ring one) - isn't included in any of the booklets or SD packaging. I guess that was saved for the website and magazine. (I actually think that would have made an awesome cover too).

Hopefully there's more goodies from that whole shoot that will eventually show up somewhere...

Giovanni Bianco could have at least used a different red paint streak for each panel of song titles. It's lazy and cheap looking... especially with the panels placed next to each other on the super deluxe edition.

851E044B-984B-4910-A80D-DA9855379BC8.jpg

And here's the deluxe booklet, where the offending panel is used NINE times:

10408633_10153166110234686_9154990499140

The photography and title lettering (I'm assuming neither of which involved Bianco) are perfection, though!

Is the Taiwanese version the only version with lyrics sheet???

Japan should have one, too, but last time (MDNA) the Taiwan edition had all of the correct lyrics and Japan was full of mistakes.

Guest Rocco Papa

Does it really direct people to Madonna.com in the booklet? I can't find the credits anywhere on the site.

Individually the booklet pics are meh. All rehash. Coming together they make for a nice looking album though.

HOWEVER, I do love that b&w Joan of Arc-ish looking pic. Can we get a stand-alone of that posted?

Taiwan Deluxe looks great.

Guest Rocco Papa

I miss those days when if you bought an album at a certain store, they would give you a free poster of the artist. Do they do that anymore? Music and shopping is all digital now, so it feels like we've lost that.

I'm in my twenties, so it's weird for me to sound nostalgic, but there was something really special about those times.