The Album - Cover, Pics, Booklet

Just see the inside of the vinyl edition. They've chosen the least exciting imagine - shame. Also the discs are in plain paper dust sleeves again!! I swear Madonna is the only artist releasing vinyl in these generic dust sleeves. Every other modern vinyl makes the most the of the large dimensions, such a waste.

Guest Rocco Papa

Do you think the lyrics aren't printed in the booklet, because they had to rush the release and didn't want to print WRONG producers etc., because there were so many versions of several songs?

That's an interesting theory. Maybe. But they should have the credits on Madonna.com by now if they're directing people there in the booklet.

mmmmm really?? they need so much time to type who authors, producers and musicians are? even if it was a full philarmonic orchestra.....

At this point I think it's probably more a royalty issue than anything. Either that or Live Nation dropped the ball when they revamped the website, which is not surprising considering all of the broken links and the still incorrect track list on madonna.com. The vinyl sticker directs people to madonna.com for the credits though.

mmmmm really?? they need so much time to type who authors, producers and musicians are? even if it was a full philarmonic orchestra.....

it's always been a mess since Bianco jumped into the boat. He desperately needs a tutorial of how to properly design an art for an album.

Preach!!

He's not a bad designer. I feel he might be a better art director than graphic designer. He's created some incredible work for her. But I feel like he'd benefit from doing a little research into music packaging. His placement of type always looks incredibly slap-dash, I don't understand why he always squeezes the production into the last page in tiny font, in both the CD's and tour books?? Plus if you had Madonna as a client you wouldn't rush anything and stay up all night just to make sure it was absolutely perfect!

.......Why repeat that same bloody brush stroke, it's really not challenging.........

Hopefully one day she'll see the light and get Fabian Barron back in the game!

He's okay handling the main square image for a cover... he just does not know how to translate that to a fullblooded booklet.

His biggest issue is text placement... this time he seemingly just gave up which is why we don't even get liner notes! :dead:

And that goddamn repeated red streak behind the track titles throughout the booklets is currently the bane of my existence. I mean HONESTLY.

The imagery is GORGEOUS!!

The black + red thematic works perfect for the album

But like what Mattress said, Giovanni's design is lacking. I felt a bit underwhelmed when I opened up the booklet on the deluxe to see three song titles are lumped together on one page, repeating this, using the same red wash graphic. It didn't make sense

It works better on the super deluxe

But it's still lame that they use the same wash graphic

It would have looked soooo much better in the booklet if they included the damn lyrics!!!

Honestly, I said this about the super and standard covers, it seems a bit rushed. It's like he spent more time on the deluxe cover image and put less thought on the inner workings of the design

I had high hopes

He improved with the MDNA album and tour booklet

I doubt she'll hire someone new

Oh Fabien and Kevin Reagan, where art though?

I totally agree.

The titles would have appeared stronger without the red, I can also do without the 2 colored close ups as those pages don't flow too well with the rest.

He's okay handling the main square image for a cover... he just does not know how to translate that to a fullblooded booklet.

His biggest issue is text placement... this time he seemingly just gave up which is why we don't even get liner notes! :dead:

And that goddamn repeated red streak behind the track titles throughout the booklets is currently the bane of my existence. I mean HONESTLY.

:thumbsup:

So, packaging-wise, there really is no reason to own the standard edition? The image used as the cover (with the RH ink on her arm) is in the SD edition. Is there any image in the standard packaging not in the deluxe or SD editions?

(I got the MDNA standard, which I don't recall if it had anything exclusive- but then again, there was no SD edition of MDNA).

So I don't think anyone has uploaded HQ scans of the Super Deluxe artwork. I've grown to love it and the packaging and I figured I'd share. I scanned these at 600 DPI, feel free to download and use as DPs or whatever. You don't have to ask. :smile:

2w6te9w.jpg

3482fpv.jpg

edhu9.jpg

wat761.jpg

2zoaija.jpg

What does those 3 lines of white text say in the tracklist? I noticed it's kinda grouped by how the tracks were released on itunes.

What does those 3 lines of white text say in the tracklist? I noticed it's kinda grouped by how the tracks were released on itunes.

I don't know why it's in white, but it lists the features (Nicki Minaj, Chance the Rapper, Nas).

Those are the features for "Bitch I'm Madonna", "Iconic" and "Veni Vidi Vici".

Those are the features for "Bitch I'm Madonna", "Iconic" and "Veni Vidi Vici".

That didn't even cross my mind. Thank you!

Giovanni ruined mdna art by using 2much of photoshop and he destroy RH by lacking of imagination.

it`s a shame because M&M photoshoot r amazing in both case, mdna and Rh.

It bothers me SO MUCH that all the spines say REBEL HEART _ MADONNA rather than having her name first like every other CD spine in the world :americanlife::grr:

And yeah, why didn't he use the hand lettering on the spine and the back cover? Ugh

It bothers me SO MUCH that all the spines say REBEL HEART _ MADONNA rather than having her name first like every other CD spine in the world :americanlife::grr:

And yeah, why didn't he use the hand lettering on the spine and the back cover? Ugh

THIS! I have all her CDS in order and all of them are Madonna - Album name

ugh