Madonna on Che Tempo Che Fa [merged]

Here's what Madonna said on the show, if anyone couldn't hear her well. :)

About Rebel Heart:
The first thing I wanted to do was just sit down and write songs that I knew I could play on the guitar and sing by myself that would be powerful on their own.
About Devil Pray:
I don't know, right? No, the song is about not being fooled, the idea that drugs are an illusion, that they can make us feel good and we can enjoy them, but at the end of the day, if you become a slave to them, they will only fool us and lead us down the wrong path.
About her kids and RH:
No, I've asked their opinion on every song. They were with me a lot in the studio. I rely on their taste. I value their opinion. They have good taste. But, that doesn't mean they like every song. They've very opinionated. I'm just saying. [Fabio: Like their mother?] Yes.
About the title Rebel Heart:
Correct. But let me explain the title Rebel Heart. Because I feel like there are two very strong sides of my personality. There's the rebellious side, the provocateur, the renegade, the warrior, the freedom fighter, the bad girl, and then there's the romantic side. The side of me that believes in true love and that wears my heart on my sleeve. So the album is an illustration, or an expression, of both sides of me.
[Fabio talks]
No, I didn't say that. No, no. I just said there are songs where, like there are songs... do you want me to give you examples of songs? I don't think being a bad girl makes you free, but I say that speaking my mind and not caring what people think makes me free. Yeah.
But you know what, you can't really be a freedom fighter if you don't have a big heart. Impossible. You can't have one without the other.
[Fabio brings out wine]
I'd like to say that wine also does not guarantee freedom. It will probably relax you more. [Fabio pours wine, Madonna inspects the bottle] So we make a toast? [Fabio: To Rebel Heart] To Rebel Heart. Wait, to all of us, to all of us finding our.. [Translation begins, applause] No, no no, I'm not finished. To all of us finding the rebel heart inside of ourselves. Okay? Cheers.
[Fabio: It's okay?] Mmm. It's good! [Madonna sips] It's going to take a little more than that to make me smile.
To speak your mind, to express your opinions, to fight against discrimination and bigotry, um to say unpopular things, to go against convention has always been difficult and it continues to be. As you can imagine. It's the only way, for me it's the only journey an artist can go on.
About Charlie Hebdo:
I think that we take freedom for granted everywhere, even in America, so I think what happened in Paris was a big wake-up call for the entire world. Not only to make us more aware of the freedom we do take for granted, but also to make us understand that we must become more tolerant towards one another. And we must try to come to have an understanding of one another's differences. Yes.
I didn't know what I wanted to become when I was a child. I just knew that I was living in a kind of a box, a cage, a world in which people thought in a very narrow-minded way, and I wanted to break out of this. And I needed to find ways to express myself, through poetry, through art, through dance, through music, through film, all of these expressions... I knew one of these roads would lead me out of this box. And it has.
[Fabio talks]
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by intellectual scandal. [Fabio speaks more] Well, at the time when Picasso was painting, and he created Cubism, or he was part of the Cubist movement, his paintings were considered scandalous. People were outraged by it. Is this what you mean? [Fabio: Exactly] Okay, so what is your question?
You just want to have a conversation. Yes...
Yeah, I'm a performance artist. And I use my body as one way that I express myself.
About Frida Kahlo:
Well, that wasn't the postcard I had in mind. I think what I loved about Frida Kahlo is that all of her paintings are self-portraits and she suffered a lot in her life, but in spite of all of her suffering, she found a way to express herself. And when I look at her paintings, I see strength, I see compassion, I see suffering, I see um... I see honesty, and I see a kind of, she's looking at you in the eye, she's not hiding anything, she wears her heart on her sleeve, and to me she was a real rebel heart. Also important, that she wasn't conventionally beautiful. People made fun of the fact that she had "one eyebrow", "one mustache", blah blah blah, and she didn't give a fuck. She said this is who I am, like it or not. Okay? That's it. [Fabio starts to talk] And wait! I'm still talking. Anyway, the other important thing to know is that during the time she was painting, there were very few women painting. So she was one of the first successful female artists in a world dominated by men. Okay, so also for this reason I feel very inspired by her.
About the Tamara de Lempicka painting (nude) that Madonna owns:
For many reasons. First of all, again, it's painted by a woman, Tamara de Lempicka, and second of all, she's portraying a woman who's very voluptuous. Some people would say she's fat. She's unconventionally beautiful but again, there's a strength in her beauty. Finally, there are chains on her wrists and for me, this is an illustration of how I felt growing up as an artist, as a female artist. To a certain extent I feel like I've been in chains, imprisoned, not having the same freedoms as men. [applause] Not having the same freedom as STRAIGHT men. [more applause]
[Fabio asks how she feels after the Brits?]
Right now, I feel slightly drunk. [drinks more wine] Thank you. Nothing could be more dangerous than what happened a few days ago.
About not being a typical New Yorker(??):
Really? [Madonna gives a look, Fabio talks] Okay, I'll say something that will shock you. Every morning, I say prayers with my children before they go to school. Okay? [Fabio: You get up?] I do. And then I go back to sleep.
About the tour:
Yeah, I'm starting to think about ideas, looking for inspiration, again always in art, in film, in music, in nature, seeing other people's work, everything inspires me. I might steal the idea of the screen from here, it's quite cool. [Fabio talks] You know the expression? Really? Okay. Thank you, Pinocchio.
About Ghosttown:
I call Ghosttown a post-apocalyptic love song. If the world that we live in falls apart, if civilization as we know it collapses, and you must know this is possible... At this point in the world, we have enough weapons of mass destruction to destroy the planet. God forbid, if this happens, my fantasy is that I'm left in this world with one other person and together we start a new world. [Fabio talks] Yes, I was thinking of you when I wrote this song. [Fabio talks] Actually, I was thinking of my son. You don't know. Do you?
[Fabio talks]:
And again, this is Women's Day, so it's important to bring this up. If men behave the way that I behave, no one says anything about it. Okay, so hit yourself on the back. Do that again. Just hit yourself. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Can't wait to get home from work to watch the performances and the interview. Love all the reactions from everyone on the forum. This era is just incredible. So much more to come up as well. Loving the gifs and photos posted.

Here's what Madonna said on the show, if anyone couldn't hear her well. :) In tags so as not to clog up the page.

About Rebel Heart:
The first thing I wanted to do was just sit down and write songs that I knew I could play on the guitar and sing by myself that would be powerful on their own.
About Devil Pray:
I don't know, right? No, the song is about not being fooled, the idea that drugs are an illusion, that they can make us feel good and we can enjoy them, but at the end of the day, if you become a slave to them, they will only fool us and lead us down the wrong path.
About her kids and RH:
No, I've asked their opinion on every song. They were with me a lot in the studio. I rely on their taste. I value their opinion. They have good taste. But, that doesn't mean they like every song. They've very opinionated. I'm just saying. [Fabio: Like their mother?] Yes.
About the title Rebel Heart:
Correct. But let me explain the title Rebel Heart. Because I feel like there are two very strong sides of my personality. There's the rebellious side, the provocateur, the renegade, the warrior, the freedom fighter, the bad girl, and then there's the romantic side. The side of me that believes in true love and that wears my heart on my sleeve. So the album is an illustration, or an expression, of both sides of me.
[Fabio talks]
No, I didn't say that. No, no. I just said there are songs where, like there are songs... do you want me to give you examples of songs? I don't think being a bad girl makes you free, but I say that speaking my mind and not caring what people think makes me free. Yeah.
But you know what, you can't really be a freedom fighter if you don't have a big heart. Impossible. You can't have one without the other.
[Fabio brings out wine]
I'd like to say that wine also does not guarantee freedom. It will probably relax you more. [Fabio pours wine, Madonna inspects the bottle] So we make a toast? [Fabio: To Rebel Heart] To Rebel Heart. Wait, to all of us, to all of us finding our.. [Translation begins, applause] No, no no, I'm not finished. To all of us finding the rebel heart inside of ourselves. Okay? Cheers.
[Fabio: It's okay?] Mmm. It's good! [Madonna sips] It's going to take a little more than that to make me smile.
To speak your mind, to express your opinions, to fight against discrimination and bigotry, um to say unpopular things, to go against convention has always been difficult and it continues to be. As you can imagine. It's the only way, for me it's the only journey an artist can go on.
About Charlie Hebdo:
I think that we take freedom for granted everywhere, even in America, so I think what happened in Paris was a big wake-up call for the entire world. Not only to make us more aware of the freedom we do take for granted, but also to make us understand that we must become more tolerant towards one another. And we must try to come to have an understanding of one another's differences. Yes.
I didn't know what I wanted to become when I was a child. I just knew that I was living in a kind of a box, a cage, a world in which people thought in a very narrow-minded way, and I wanted to break out of this. And I needed to find ways to express myself, through poetry, through art, through dance, through music, through film, all of these expressions... I knew one of these roads would lead me out of this box. And it has.
[Fabio talks]
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by intellectual scandal. [Fabio speaks more] Well, at the time when Picasso was painting, and he created Cubism, or he was part of the Cubist movement, his paintings were considered scandalous. People were outraged by it. Is this what you mean? [Fabio: Exactly] Okay, so what is your question?
You just want to have a conversation. Yes...
Yeah, I'm a performance artist. And I use my body as one way that I express myself.
About Frida Kahlo:
Well, that wasn't the postcard I had in mind. I think what I loved about Frida Kahlo is that all of her paintings are self-portraits and she suffered a lot in her life, but in spite of all of her suffering, she found a way to express herself. And when I look at her paintings, I see strength, I see compassion, I see suffering, I see um... I see honesty, and I see a kind of, she's looking at you in the eye, she's not hiding anything, she wears her heart on her sleeve, and to me she was a real rebel heart. Also important, that she wasn't conventionally beautiful. People made fun of the fact that she had "one eyebrow", "one mustache", blah blah blah, and she didn't give a fuck. She said this is who I am, like it or not. Okay? That's it. [Fabio starts to talk] And wait! I'm still talking. Anyway, the other important thing to know is that during the time she was painting, there were very few women painting. So she was one of the first successful female artists in a world dominated by men. Okay, so also for this reason I feel very inspired by her.
About the Tamara de Lempicka painting (nude) that Madonna owns:
For many reasons. First of all, again, it's painted by a woman, Tamara de Lempicka, and second of all, she's portraying a woman who's very voluptuous. Some people would say she's fat. She's unconventionally beautiful but again, there's a strength in her beauty. Finally, there are chains on her wrists and for me, this is an illustration of how I felt growing up as an artist, as a female artist. To a certain extent I feel like I've been in chains, imprisoned, not having the same freedoms as men. [applause] Not having the same freedom as STRAIGHT men. [more applause]
[Fabio asks how she feels after the Brits?]
Right now, I feel slightly drunk. [drinks more wine] Thank you. Nothing could be more dangerous than what happened a few days ago.
About not being a typical New Yorker(??):
Really? [Madonna gives a look, Fabio talks] Okay, I'll say something that will shock you. Every morning, I say prayers with my children before they go to school. Okay? [Fabio: You get up?] I do. And then I go back to sleep.
About the tour:
Yeah, I'm starting to think about ideas, looking for inspiration, again always in art, in film, in music, in nature, seeing other people's work, everything inspires me. I might steal the idea of the screen from here, it's quite cool. [Fabio talks] You know the expression? Really? Okay. Thank you, Pinocchio.
About Ghosttown:
I call Ghosttown a post-apocalyptic love song. If the world that we live in falls apart, if civilization as we know it collapses, and you must know this is possible... At this point in the world, we have enough weapons of mass destruction to destroy the planet. God forbid, if this happens, my fantasy is that I'm left in this world with one other person and together we start a new world. [Fabio talks] Yes, I was thinking of you when I wrote this song. [Fabio talks] Actually, I was thinking of my son. You don't know. Do you?
[Fabio talks]:
And again, this is Women's Day, so it's important to bring this up. If men behave the way that I behave, no one says anything about it. Okay, so hit yourself on the back. Do that again. Just hit yourself. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

:lmao: poor Fabio.

Thanks for posting!

So I watched this Italian show. The whole thing. And I died and now am in 7th heaven. :inlove:

I love how absolutely divine she was!!! Is it just me or is she just the most beautiful woman in the whole damn world?

She spoke with such supremacy, confidence, and sex appeal. She was totally in her skin. She answered questions very articularly, as a prime diva, a goddess, should.

I love this interview and her performances so much, I sincerely believe it should be aired on every fucking channel in the world with translations, because she was so divine and MAGNIFICENT!!!! :inlove:

I was smiling the whole time with such joy staring at the screen, I thought I was going to loose my mind!!!

This is why I love countries like Italy. Their perception of women is that of goddesses, divas, queens! Italian women are super prideful, strong, divine and beautiful! That's how Madonna looked and felt! She played the role so well, because this is who she truly is!!! Americans could never make her feel like that!

The wine was just the cherry on top!! What a thought out spectacular interview that was! The colors, the setting, Madonna's dress, hair, make up... God, she looked like a Queen of the Universe! :inlove:

Her smile, her eyes, her skin, everything about her was flawless!!!!!

And when she let it slip that she wrote Ghosttown thinking about her son (I'm assuming Roco), I cried... Couldn't handle the amount of amazinness!!!

Mad-oh-nna!!! My Queen until I die!

Is it me or the wine really helped her loosen up a bit? LOL

This was the most enjoyable of all the interviews so far. And her performances were awesome, though I agee that for GT she was a bit more confident (the wine, perhaps?).

Ghosttown and Devil Pray are charting on the top on Italian iTunes. Btw, one of the most popular songs in Italy right now is Grande Amore by Il Volo. Check it out guys!! It's charting right behind Ghosttown. What a lovely compilation :inlove:

So I watched this Italian show. The whole thing. And I died and now am in 7th heaven. :inlove:

I love how absolutely divine she was!!! Is it just me or is she just the most beautiful woman in the whole damn world?

She spoke with such supremacy, confidence, and sex appeal. She was totally in her skin. She answered questions very articularly, as a prime diva, a goddess, should.

I love this interview and her performances so much, I sincerely believe it should be aired on every fucking channel in the world with translations, because she was so divine and MAGNIFICENT!!!! :inlove:

I was smiling the whole time with such joy staring at the screen, I thought I was going to loose my mind!!!

This is why I love countries like Italy. Their perception of women is that of goddesses, divas, queens! Italian women are super prideful, strong, divine and beautiful! That's how Madonna looked and felt! She played the role so well, because this is who she truly is!!! Americans could never make her feel like that!

The wine was just the cherry on top!! What a thought out spectacular interview that was! The colors, the setting, Madonna's dress, hair, make up... God, she looked like a Queen of the Universe! :inlove:

Her smile, her eyes, her skin, everything about her was flawless!!!!!

And when she let it slip that she wrote Ghosttown thinking about her son (I'm assuming Roco), I cried... Couldn't handle the amount of amazinness!!!

Mad-oh-nna!!! My Queen until I die!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait to get home from work to watch the performances and the interview. Love all the reactions from everyone on the forum. This era is just incredible. So much more to come up as well. Loving the gifs and photos posted.

You will LOVE it! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

That part after she says 'straight men' and the gays go crazy for her, there's suddenly this really loud noise going on, whats that? were people shaking the studio or what? :lol:

I think they were stomping their feet on the floor in approval and it made this thundering noise. :chuckle:

They did cut a few things, but very small ones. They had a commercial break planned that didn't make the cut, and that was another hilarious moment because when Fabio tells her they have to stop fo a bit she asks "why?".

Then during the break there was that moment when she asked the audience for their favourite song off the album which aired on Saturday.

No wine effect on singing - they recorded both performances first, then the interview.

She did both songs twice, if you notice something slightly out of synch that may be the reason (using footage from a take and audio from the other one). Her concern with the flowers was about the yellow stuff falling from on her dress. On the second take of Ghosttown they had no mimosas moment but they told Fazio she was ok with him using the first take if he really wanted the flowers to feature.

They did cut a few things, but very small ones. They had a commercial break planned that didn't make the cut, and that was another hilarious moment because when Fabio tells her they have to stop fo a bit she asks "why?".

Then during the break there was that moment when she asked the audience for their favourite song off the album which aired on Saturday.

No wine effect on singing - they recorded both performances first, then the interview.

She did both songs twice, if you notice something slightly out of synch that may be the reason (using footage from a take and audio from the other one). Her concern with the flowers was about the yellow stuff falling from on her dress. On the second take of Ghosttown they had no mimosas moment but they told Fazio she was ok with him using the first ske if he really wanted the flowers to feature.

:dead: Thanks for filling us in!!

I downloaded the whole show to my computer and will upload it to dropbox in case any of you will need it in the future. In fact I'll save everything related to this era!! This is pure bliss! I love this era! I love Madonna! I love you guys! I love life :laugh: ♡♡♡♡♡

I downloaded the whole show to my computer and will upload it to dropbox in case any of you will need it in the future. In fact I'll save everything related to this era!! This is pure bliss! I love this era! I love Madonna! I love you guys! I love life :laugh: ♡♡♡♡♡

Yes please I want to save all too

Such great vocals!!! She is really in top form vocally!!! And the dress maybe too heavy but so beautiful

That dress is gorgeous, but it looked made for someone bigger and taller than M, like a runway model! She still looked and sounded amazing, but it seemed hard for her to move.

The Italian couture this era and her glamorous look is simply divine. :wow:

:dead:

I haven't watched the interview parts yet. Is it on YouTube?

There's a link in here some place...the tv channel RAI

What do these say?

1st: not even at Mucca assassina (murderer cow, Italian most famous gay club) so many “little screams”. Between Ferilli (Italian “actress”) and Madonna knock out jabs at Fazio

2nd: having Madonna in a studio and not be able to interview her is a crime against humanity

3rd: she not your friend, she’s not Ficarra and Picone (two famous Italian comedians)

4th: lets give credit to Fazio, only man on earth able to transform a Madonna interview into a boring mess

1st: not even at Mucca assassina (murderer cow, Italian most famous gay club) so many “little screams”. Between Ferilli (Italian “actress”) and Madonna knock out jabs at Fazio

2nd: having Madonna in a studio and not be able to interview her is a crime against humanity

3rd: she not your friend, she’s not Ficarra and Picone (two famous Italian comedians)

4th: lets give credit to Fazio, only man on earth able to transform a Madonna interview into a boring mess

:rotfl:

Thanks, love!

Luca Dondoni, who interviewed Madonna in January but tweeted his pic with her as soon as the Che Tempo Che Fa recording ended on March 1st with the caption "Madonna & Me. #rebelheart @ Milano. Ora. Applausi. ", preaching about how gay people scream when Madonna is in the house. Yeah, right.

B_COhi9WkAAZbNW.jpg

Luca Dondoni, who interviewed Madonna in January but tweeted his pic with her as soon as the Che Tempo Che Fa recording ended on March 1st with the caption "Madonna & Me. #rebelheart @ Milano. Ora. Applausi. ", preaching about how gay people scream when Madonna is in the house. Yeah, right.

B_COhi9WkAAZbNW.jpg

What a gorgeous picture!

You will LOVE it! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Mario Lopez, I certainly did love it.

Firstly how insanely beautiful is Madonna. She looked gorgeous with the Veronica Lake hair, beautiful coat dress and perfect face. I thought her vocals were fantastic and the crowd adored her. I did not think she was bitchy at all and loved her facial expressions. She was concentrating on what the translator was saying in her ear piece and I did not see any tension or annoyance with the host. I thought he was sweet as well - you could tell he was so excited and honoured to have her as his guest. She liked the wine a lot too. Italians always are passionate about Madonna - similar to how the crowds in Brazil always are. This was wonderful.