The Official The Next Best Thing 15th Anniversary Thread!!!! :D

ryan

I think it's because Madonna's fans have more brain cells than Britney's fans in general . We can tell a shit movie from a good one. Just look at the Entertainment section on here .

We complained about her movies cos most of them were horrible and when they were good we applauded them . I don't understand when you said things like "you all have to learn to form an opinion." when we are respecting yours. If you love it then good for you. We just think it's shit .

And Madonna's movies' tanking has nothing to do with her fans . It has everything to do with her not being able to act . She was good in some movies but not TNBT.

oh c'mon! this is the main reason why she never could succeed in films, her fans never supported her

Even Britney fans went to see that crappy movie CROSSROADS and they enjoyed it! Even Christina fans loved Burlesque and made it a decent hit at the box office. Hell! Freacking Jlo, whose movies aren't better than Madonna's STILL has box office power

Madonna's fanbase is bigger than theirs. But her fans always complain about her movies.

TNBT did succeed in the sense that it made money that doesn't mean that most people still didn't detest it, and her performance in particular.

oh c'mon! this is the main reason why she never could succeed in films, her fans never supported her

Even Britney fans went to see that crappy movie CROSSROADS and they enjoyed it! Even Christina fans loved Burlesque and made it a decent hit at the box office. Hell! Freacking Jlo, whose movies aren't better than Madonna's STILL has box office power

Madonna's fanbase is bigger than theirs. But her fans always complain about her movies.

All those movies you listed are 100x better than The Next Best Thing

Ban???

There are TONS here who went and saw Swept Away in theaters. W.E. too

You're not gonna continue to be a problem, are you??

And the SCARY thing is we are arguing over THE NEXT BEST THING for crying out loud. I mean it's surely a joke ???!!!

I liked it just because she was in it, but I still will have preferred a Ray Of Light Tour :-)

The only joke here is that Madonna fans don't support Madonna movies lol

All are great, or at least entertaining

Even Shanghai Surprise ? I think Madonna fans can and do think for themselves . Why do we have to say it's a good movie when most of us think it's bad ? You can have an opinion but why try to change others or blame them for Madonna's movie failures ?

Yeah, Shanghai surprise is very good too. She looks stunning there, her chemistry with Sean Penn sets the TV on fire

The scene where she's smoking while she's waiting for her love one to arrive is superb. Her ONLY weak scenes are the one where she has to pretend she's drunk and the infamous scene with Sean and the boxes. She gets a free pass because she didn't come up with that stupid idea and she is not Amy Winehouse so she obviously doesn't know what being drunk feels like

Ok, I'm exaggerating, I just want some positivity in the treads about her acting career

Edited by imgonnacarryon

A Certain Sacrifice
Vision Quest
Desperately Seeking Susan
Shanghai Surprise
Who's That Girl
Bloodhounds of Broadway
Dick Tracy
Truth or Dare
Shadows and Fog
A League of Their Own
Body of Evidence
Dangerous Game
Blue in the Face
Four Rooms
Girl 6
Evita
The Next Best Thing
Swept Away
Die Another Day
I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
Arthur and the Invisibles
Filth and Wisdom
I Am Because We Are
W.E.

A Certain Sacrifice

Vision Quest

Shanghai Surprise

Who's That Girl

Bloodhounds of Broadway

Dick Tracy

Truth or Dare

Shadows and Fog

A League of Their Own

Body of Evidence

Dangerous Game

Blue in the Face

Four Rooms

Girl 6

Evita

The Next Best Thing

Swept Away

Die Another Day

Filth and Wisdom

I Am Because We Are

W.E.

all amazing movies :popcorn2:

The one hard truth about acting is that you cannot make any claim. The audience can judge your acting talent on the big screen. Madonna isn't a spontaneous actor to say the least.

I thought the scene in the grocery store where she slaps Rupert was well done. And I remember "give me every drug you've got!" got a good, genuine laugh from the audience (yes I saw this in the theater).

I think Madonna was genuinely good in the bad movies Who's That Girl, Dangerous Game, and Swept Away.

I think she AND the movie were both good in the case of Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy, A League of Their Own, and Evita.

I thought the scene in the grocery store where she slaps Rupert was well done. And I remember "give me every drug you've got!" got a good, genuine laugh from the audience (yes I saw this in the theater).

I think Madonna was genuinely good in the bad movies Who's That Girl, Dangerous Game, and Swept Away.

I think she AND the movie were both good in the case of Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy, A League of Their Own, and Evita.

HIT fan :smooch:

A Certain Sacrifice

Vision Quest

Shanghai Surprise

Who's That Girl

Bloodhounds of Broadway

Dick Tracy

Truth or Dare

Shadows and Fog

A League of Their Own

Body of Evidence

Dangerous Game

Blue in the Face

Four Rooms

Girl 6

Evita

The Next Best Thing

Swept Away

Die Another Day

Filth and Wisdom

I Am Because We Are

W.E.

Stunning...just stunning platinum cinema :inlove::inlove: . Triple love Actressdonna

I'm dying, yearning/burning for more bigscreendonna (F director/producer etc..) I'm talking M as LEAD actress who cums outta nowhere...gangsta strong (Beyonce style) w/ the absolutely perfect role, script. director....like next week just in time for prime meat Oscar season!!

FUCK the Oscars, they're tasteless and crappy. They're overrated as f****

The globes ALWAYS get it right. (except when they forgot to nominate M for Best leading actress for her performances in Dick tracy and Dangerous game)

Edited by imgonnacarryon

I saw this movie a couple of times in recent days (ok, yeah, I had to fast-forward the parts where she wasn't on screen) and I think she's BRILLIANT in it :laugh:

The way she reacts is very natural, she's got a strong screen presence and the way she pronounces her lines with such clarity is HEAVEN