MADONNA in ASIA It's About Time....

renee205

If you google Thai flag offensive you'll get lady gorgonzola results, she didn't get the memo and wore the flag and pissed them off :lol:

Thank you! I was gonna bring her up, but decided not to.

yea cause Madonna will care about what the Vietnamese media say... and it IS an official flag, no matter you like it or not ...

Did you not read what I said? I said if Madonna WORE the flag, as in if she actually PERFORMED in Vietnam wearing the flag then it will cause controversy; I emphasised that point in TWO separate posts. Other than that, no one would care about the flag being in the backdrop. Sheesh. Do you really not understand how bad Madonna will look in America if she wore the official Vietnamese flag?

Thai flag as backdrop is ok . Thai Flag as part of costume is No-Kay. It's offensive to Thai people but am sure Madonna's team will take that into account .

Did you not read what I said? I said if Madonna WORE the flag, as in if she actually PERFORMED in Vietnam wearing the flag then it will cause controversy; I emphasised that point in TWO separate posts. Other than that, no one would care about the flag being in the backdrop. Sheesh. Do you really not understand how bad Madonna will look in America if she wore the official Vietnamese flag?

I honestly doubt America in 2015 will care....

I honestly doubt America in 2015 will care....

Yeah you're right. The Vietnam War which only ended 40 years ago surely doesn't have any impact whatsoever on people today just like my family who had to fled the country to Australia using just a boat or the 1.5 million - 2 million Vietnamese civilians who died or the 58,000 Americans who died.

You sound like a wonderful person.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think he meant people in America have short memory of history and only care about current events. I don't think the vietnam war (strange to call it that as it was the American war against vietnam...) is even mentioned often in current American public discourse. It's more important to talk about celebrities.

It seems I have to spell it out for some people.

I only used Vietnam as an example because that's my heritage.

The Vietnam War was between North and South Vietnam. The North wanted communist rule whereas the South wanted democratic rule. America sided with South Vietnam. South Vietnam lost the war but you don't have to be a genius to realise how much it also affected USA.

If Madonna performed in Vietnam (which won't happen) and wore the Vietnam flag, no American media outlet is going to sweep the incident under the carpet. I mean, come on. The media are leeches. There's a reason why all the tabloids were ripping Madonna to shreds for flashing her tits or for the gun violence and didn't let her off the hook. Controversy gets them the headlines and page clicks. If Madonna brandished the flag, then the media in America will be talking about how Madonna is wearing a flag that represents a symbol of defeat that America was a part of and American don't have the friendliest attitude towards communism. A minor reaction could simply be that Madonna is being insensitive just like Gaga with the Thai flag.

Like I said before, this is just a rare, extreme example of the consequences of wearing a flag without understanding the country's context but it's still advisable for M's team to be extra careful about each country she'll choose to wear the flag in.

Calm down. You're really making it sound like she's flaunting a Nazi flag. So one should never wear a flag of a country that has defeated their home country in the past? That makes absolutely no sense. And it's not like Communist Vietnam invaded the U.S..... Does it mean that Japanese are not allowed to use anything with an American flag symbol because they've dropped two nuclear bombs in the past? Does it mean that the British flag symbol should be banned in most of the world because they've historically defeated most countries?

You know what's more offensive? It would be her offending the Vietnamese fans by skipping their flag simply because of a war 40 years ago. It's not like the Thai case where it IS offensive to wear a flag no matter who you are.

Calm down. You're really making it sound like she's flaunting a Nazi flag. So one should never wear a flag of a country that has defeated their home country in the past? That makes absolutely no sense. And it's not like Communist Vietnam invaded the U.S..... Does it mean that Japanese are not allowed to use anything with an American flag symbol because they've dropped two nuclear bombs in the past? Does it mean that the British flag symbol should be banned in most of the world because they've historically defeated most countries?

You know what's more offensive? It would be her offending the Vietnamese fans by skipping their flag simply because of a war 40 years ago. It's not like the Thai case where it IS offensive to wear a flag no matter who you are.

It doesn't make sense at all to make a generalisation like that. Every situation is different. Do you really think that if Madonna wore the Afghanistan or the Iraq flag then the American media won't find it a bit deal?

"You know what's more offensive? It would be her offending the Vietnamese fans by skipping their flag simply because of a war 40 years ago. "

Yet again, you're missing the point. My posts have been purely about how the American media will react to it not the Vietnamese citizens. USA has officially recognised the flag of South Vietnam as the flag representing our heritage and freedom. If Madonna wore the official flag then this goes against what the American government believes in and she won't get away with it with the media.

And btw, USA sentiment in Japan is still negative so you won't see many Japanese people running around wearing the American flag.

Lol, anyways.

This is getting tired guys, this is all hypothetical as she's not even going to Vietnam so why linger in the Vietnam example? Moving on....

In the other hand she IS performing in Thailand and it is offensive to wear the flag, it has happened before, people took notice and hopefully the message will get to her. Those fortunate enough to be followed by Guy or know any of the people in their team please make them aware!

she's sympathetic on the tour and wants to get some praise again, I think. would be a shame if she got another controversy because of a stupid mistake and the ignorance of a video maker. i think its actually smarter to let people like tony and monte know..

I wish we had Japanese members here who could give us an idea how pre-sales went. The venue holds 36,500 which is a huge capacity compared to all the venues in the itinerary. If sales goes well then I'm sure she'll add one more Tokyo date. I think Japan is usually a very reliable market for M and they haven't seen her in 10 years.

Do you guys think she'll add more Japanese shows?

I hope so! Havent heard any news how The tickets are selling though...

And please don't argue:) someone just please send DM to Guy, Tony Monte whoever so they might consider The subject unless they allready have. So in any case no harm done :)

I hope so! Havent heard any news how The tickets are selling though...

And please don't argue:) someone just please send DM to Guy, Tony Monte whoever si they night consider The subject unless they allready have. So in any case no hän done :)

You can post a comment on their IG's and they just might pass on the info to Guy.

Hong Kong citibank presale started today and all the tickets were gone within minutes. Rumour has it that there’re not many tickets left for the public sale.

Taiwan citibank presale has crashed their ticketing system with a record-breaking 81,000 people fighting for tickets.
She broke Big Bang’s previous record of 70,000 on the line.

Madonna got praise for her Rebel Heart Tour, getting five star reviews from reputable critics such as Rolling Stone, The guardian, and the Swedish & Canadian press, naming her the one performer who after many years is still on a league of her own and praising her vocals & musicality.

Source: AppleDaily/ATRL

Hong Kong citibank presale started today and all the tickets were gone within minutes. Rumour has it that therere not many tickets left for the public sale.

Taiwan citibank presale has crashed their ticketing system with a record-breaking 81,000 people fighting for tickets.

She broke Big Bangs previous record of 70,000 on the line.

Madonna got praise for her Rebel Heart Tour, getting five star reviews from reputable critics such as Rolling Stone, The guardian, and the Swedish & Canadian press, naming her the one performer who after many years is still on a league of her own and praising her vocals & musicality.

Source: AppleDaily/ATRL

Very nice, very nice indeed!

How is Thai flag as part of costume offensive? Is this different from any country where some people will always consider it offensive or is there a deeper reason in Thailand?

The majority of Thai people will just find it offensive. There is a law here that you can use national flag for certain purposes. I mean in UK and most parts of the world you can criticise the Royal family quite openly. Here if you do you'll go to jail. It's just different systems for different countries that's all .