MADONNA in ASIA It's About Time....

renee205

People in Asia had been waiting for Madonna to visit us in this part of the Globe and I think its about time she does. With the Live Nation press release, And even Arthur Fogel mentioning that they are excited for Australia and Asia and in exploring places she's never been.

In particular The Ring of fire nations I am hoping and praying she finally Do Asia.

Most everybody in the forum had been very lucky that M had at least once or lots of times visited they're countries but for us here Nada, I'm talking about South East Asia I mean she had been to Japan for the nth time but for countries like HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines Thailand. Indonesia etc we are so looking forward that this push through.

If the likes of Beyonce, Gaga , Katy Perry, Kylie etc had been making a killing at the box office the Queen should get her bigger share, And for crying out loud if One Direction can sold out their tickets for two days and command a 500 dollars a pop for best seats Madonna can easily top that because we are oh so hungry for her to grace us with her Royal presence. Were waiting Tick tock tick tock.....Please Madonna Visit GAYsia you wont regret it,

I hope she does Singapore. I have a dozen friends excited about her coming.

She should do Mumbai. She gets referenced all the time in Bollywood films and she'd make a killing.

+1!!

Guest bluejean

So happy for you guys if it happens! It's about fricking time!

And yes, great excuse for a holiday over there!

I hope she tours Japan! Japan is my favourite country, if only I had the money to go over there and watch M. (Perfume is my 2nd favourite artist and it's my dream to see them in concert in Japan).

I think in that press release, Live Nation mentioned M will visit Southeast Asia so I think it's pretty certain that she'll tour Thailand and maybe India.

I doubt she'll perform in Singapore and Indonesia - don't those countries have really strict laws about clothing?

Edited by Guest

The will be my first time seeing Madonna and I don't care if I'm going alone (since none of my friends are interested). PLEASE do Japan/Taiwan/Korea/HK/Macau. Pretty sure she'll go to Manila too.

She can't keep touring the same cities all the time... Touring Asia is a great idea. First it's another places for her to expand her live territory, and second chinese money.

With so much money to be spent there even Mariah can sellout 20 shows in China.

And anyway does not mean she should stick with only China... Chinese money travels easily to Far East asian countries.

Would be great for her fans there who are starving for her love and well she might see a new type of crazy.

I hope she tours Japan! Japan is my favourite country, if only I had the money to go over there and watch M. (Perfume is my 2nd favourite artist and it's my dream to see them in concert in Japan).

I think in that press release, Live Nation mentioned M will visit Southeast Asia so I think it's pretty certain that she'll tour Thailand and maybe India.

I doubt she'll perform in Singapore and Indonesia - don't those countries have really strict laws about clothing?

In Singapore more likely, In Indonesia maybe , She'll probably encounter protesters against her as Indonesia is quite conservative. I remember some years back GaGa i think cancelled her show there.

Indonesia and Malaysia are no-gos.... the Pussycat Dolls had to promise to 'cover-up' when they performed there.

China is tough, since I assume artforfreedom will be part of the tour, and Chinese doesn't like overt political message there.

Her best route is Tokyo-Osaka-Seoul-Hong Kong-Mumbai-Bangkok-Manila-Singapore.

The Chinese will go to HK, the Malaysians and Indonesians will invade Singapore!

And might i add that there are new facilities in South East Asia where she can hold her concert, First is the sparkling new National Stadium in Singapore and the Philippine Arena which has the seating capacity fit to the size of crowds she is attracting, although i think this wouldn't be a factor as most press releases says that she wants an all Arena Shows.

Gone are the days when Michael Jackson or Beyonce had to do their concert on open grounds like before in Manila.

Which countries are safe in Asia? I know Japan and Singapore are but where else?

Asia is generally safe especially major cities I guess if you qualify it with regards to where most major artists go, The following are the usual stops Japan Hong Kong S.Korea Singapore Thailand Malaysia Philippines Indonesia Macau and even China. But having said that and considering the cultures and sensibilities, there are some parts that would maybe considered high risk, as mentioned Indonesia is highly conservative and China may not be that welcoming esp. with M's strong political messages in her concerts. As we speak Katy, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran,Demi lovato is making the rounds in the region

I really want her to do Thailand. I hope the government won't bring out bullshit cultural policy to ban her concert again.

Which countries are safe in Asia? I know Japan and Singapore are but where else?

Thailand is, but again it depends on where ya going. You can never say anywhere is 100% safe. Shit happens all the time.

Indonesia and Malaysia are no-gos.... the Pussycat Dolls had to promise to 'cover-up' when they performed there.

China is tough, since I assume artforfreedom will be part of the tour, and Chinese doesn't like overt political message there.

Her best route is Tokyo-Osaka-Seoul-Hong Kong-Mumbai-Bangkok-Manila-Singapore.

The Chinese will go to HK, the Malaysians and Indonesians will invade Singapore!

That route obviously works for Katy Perry, not for M since the tix price is pretty high. If she's really doing Asia, it'll be Japan, nowhere else.

That route obviously works for Katy Perry, not for M since the tix price is pretty high. If she's really doing Asia, it'll be Japan, nowhere else.

Really now . you're saying only the Japanese can afford the tickets? i don't think so... Besides Arthur Fogel specifically said live Nation is particularly excited about the Pacific Rim leg of Rebel Heart. "She has never played in Southeast Asia.

And don't you think it would be rather counter productive if she goes to Japan only considering that apparently there is no South american Leg this time around...

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree. If she can tour Europe where the economy is in the shitters than SE Asia she could definitely do.

YES! It's exciting that Fogel specifically mentioned SOUTHEAST ASIA (Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, HK, Vietnam, Myanmar) in the BILLBOARD article... I am pretty sure, my country, the Philippines, will have no problem with her antics... Filling up an arena of 15,000 would be easy...

Really now . you're saying only the Japanese can afford the tickets? i don't think so... Besides Arthur Fogel specifically said live Nation is particularly excited about the Pacific Rim leg of Rebel Heart. "She has never played in Southeast Asia.

And don't you think it would be rather counter productive if she goes to Japan only considering that apparently there is no South american Leg this time around...

Calm your tits girlfriend. What I'm saying is that, the interest is there. But if they price the tix like what they do in the US or Europe, it'll be hard to sell. Most people in my country only make $5-6/hour, I don't think they can afford $100++ tickets. Anyway, I'm glad M has interest in Asia and especially SE Asia.

All gheys will go wild. :lmao:

Sorry that I have to refer to this show, but since it's from Live Nation, we can see the capacity. Of each venue: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_This_Way_Ball_Tour

The stadium in Thailand has very high capacity, 40k, then the Philippines, 19k, and Singapore, 10k.

Do you think she would do more than one date in each city? If so, it would make sense to do it in Singapore then.

Guest Rachelle of London

Calm your tits girlfriend. What I'm saying is that, the interest is there. But if they price the tix like what they do in the US or Europe, it'll be hard to sell. Most people in my country only make $5-6/hour, I don't think they can afford $100++ tickets. Anyway, I'm glad M has interest in Asia and especially SE Asia.

Not true. Like in many "developing" nations you have hosts of people that are very wealthy. If M toured there people will go just for the experience. In fact artists overcharge when they visit places like this. Most people in Spain can't afford $100+ tickets and shes going there. She'll make a killing just like every other artist that visits SE Asia

I get what your saying but looking at the ticket prices for other acts coming to Asia which sells from 300 to 400 dollars and people are still eating it up then i'd say she should go to Asia

Guest Rachelle of London

Theyre just gonna go where the money is. Look at South America, their economies were actually quite stable when M went back for S&S whilst the rest of the world was crumbling, she opened the gyms in Latin America etc now other economies are picking up so she's heading there and drastically reduced the amount of European markets