London O2 Arena

markm

Supply and demand. Tickets go up when popular and down when not.

They're making up for music sales going down the toilet.

It's the secondary market that annoys me such as Stubhub and Viagogo with their instant resales. That's the biggest con.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh I had to buy 1D tickets for little girls lol Eeeeeeeeek 100 quid each for block 5 at the back ish NIA! They all rip off fans!

Blimming heck!

Its all the artists they know they can get away with it.

I remember Justin Timberlake tickets were £115 for the upper tier, they slashed them closer to the date, they did the same with Usher's last tour that just ended. So that method is clearly not working.

When Nicki was just here they where slashed half price too. People arent buying. Take that are doing arenas and they arent sold out and it starts in a few weeks. They used to fill Stadiums for a week at a time. OK im gonna bring it but look at Kylies last tour. She used to sell night after night and her tickets were quite cheap. I know shes not as popular but all sales are down. (I only know about the UK).

Guest Rachelle of London

When Nicki was just here they where slashed half price too. People arent buying. Take that are doing arenas and they arent sold out and it starts in a few weeks. They used to fill Stadiums for a week at a time. OK im gonna bring it but look at Kylies last tour. She used to sell night after night and her tickets were quite cheap. I know shes not as popular but all sales are down. (I only know about the UK).

My friend got her Nicki tickets for £24 right before the show at Box Office. When they went onsale they were just under £100. LiveNations greed is backfiring so much.

Guest Rachelle of London

I think the resellers sell back to the venue the ones they cant flog. Those are the ones that they give away or sell dirt cheap. Even Katy Perry shows had loads of tickets left over at Box Office.

With Madonna didnt a lot of resellers make a loss during MDNA thats why this tour you can still buy so many tickets from Ticketmaster direct?

I checked through my ticketmaster app, only block 2 is giving me tickets for NIA. O2 and Manchester giving me no tickets available.

I think she can add 2 more dates, she has till December to sell.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah block 213 keeps popping up for NIA for me.

Manchester though I'm getting tickets coming up for all over the arena except the floor.

I just read my twitter feed Olly Murrs is down to £9.25 for general admission. :lol: Bless his tight trousers. Whats the point? Surely that's losing money, its more expensive to see a spandau ballet tribute act at the pub. (sorry to go off topic)

Guest Rachelle of London

I just read my twitter feed Olly Murrs is down to £9.25 for general admission. :lol: Bless his tight trousers. Whats the point? Surely that's losing money, its more expensive to see a spandau ballet tribute act at the pub. (sorry to go off topic)

Oh my!!!!

And look how much radio plays him.

£9.25

:dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

oily murs? thats a real name?

:dead:

Niki think of a cheap Bargain version of Robbie Williams. That's him :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

I actually feel sorry for Olly Murs, he's just so tragic.

But Yeah he's played LOADS on the radio. It's him, Paloma Faith, Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran on loop and if he can't sell tickets then Madonna must be doing something right.

It's a dichotomy of shorts because you have the chunky thighs but you also have a big package there. So you have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

i got 2 tickets for 10 pounds (or even less? i think maybe even £4 each) for razor light in 2009 or so, with a friend.. wembley arena. we just checked it out for fun and then left because we didn't know a lot of the songs

There will always be hardcore fans who are willing to pay insanely high prices, so the promoters work this into the financial equation. They know they'll sell a minimum of X tickets at the highest prices, so when time passes and they need to start getting rid of tickets quickly, they're not actually losing any money, because those megafans who can afford it have already paid the massive prices.

Here in Australia, we regularly see promoters offering special deals close to show dates (e.g. "Extra tickets released - special deal this weekend only - two tickets for the price of one!" etc.). No one's forcing people to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale, but for many, the fear of missing out completely drives them to jump online straight away and grab whatever they can get for whatever the cost (as long as they get a good seat). That's why all of these promoters charge what they do - they can get away with it.

I actually feel sorry for Olly Murs, he's just so tragic.

But Yeah he's played LOADS on the radio. It's him, Paloma Faith, Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran on loop and if he can't sell tickets then Madonna must be doing something right.

He is favourite to take over Xfactor presenter job.

I do like his duet song Up, sorry not sorry lol