London O2 Arena

markm

My boss went to see Confessions and MDNA with his wife and even he said he's missing this tour because of how expensive it is. He's not on minimum wage LOL.

The casual Madonna fan has the disposable income but the prices they're charging. Eek

It's not just minimum wagers they're putting off. I don't want to say how much I make (how callous!) but it's certainly nowhere near minimum wage and her prices are putting me off too! They're starting to lose proper hardcore fans now..

Guest Rachelle of London

It's not just minimum wagers they're putting off. I don't want to say how much I make (how callous!) but it's certainly nowhere near minimum wage and her prices are putting me off too! They're starting to lose proper hardcore fans now..

Haha that's what I mean. My boss must be on six figures and he said no way. So imagine people who are on much less than that.

She's toured three times in the last ten years in the UK so everyone who'd go has probably seen her at least once.

She's also known for not playing her hits so people aren't going to pay high prices, for songs from a few albums they can't even name during the busy Christmas period.

It tends to be the big rock acts that command the high ticket prices like U2 and the Rolling Stones and they pretty much play the hits in original form so you know what you're getting.

I think there are just other things people would prefer to spend their money on like seeing a hot artist who like Ed Sheeran etc. If you miss a Madonna tour, there will be another long in a couple of years!

This article was posted today. The "flurry of bets" on Madonna suggests there's people in the know that THINK this will happen... If she did it, I'm sure she would have no trouble selling a couple more UK dates. The TV broadcast would definitely give future ticket sales a much needed shot in the arm.
Looking at some older articles, she's gone from 20/1 to 12/1 to now 5/1. Insider knowledge perhaps, or just wishful thinking?

Coldplay, The Stone Roses and Madonna are the bookies' favourites to fill the missing Sunday night headline slot at the Glastonbury Festival this year.
A gap in the line-up announced on Tuesday njght has prompted feverish speculation about the act booked to close the five day event.
Emily Eavis announced some time ago that The Foo Fighters would headline Worthy Farm on Friday and Kanye West would be the main act on Saturday.
As yet there is no release date for the album or tour, but Coldplay remain 3/1 favourites with Ladbrokes to headline the famous Pyramid Stage for a third time. Manchester band the Stone Roses are 4/1 and Madonna is 5/1.
A few months ago William Hill reported a flurry of bets on Madonna to headline on Sunday.
"Madonna is the talk of the town and she is being backed to be booked for the biggest gig there is, " said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.
Organisers are staying tight-lipped but rumours of Prince, Kate Bush, Adele, and other artistes persist.

^ If every single act aside from the Sunday headliner has been announced, it makes me wonder if it's someone who might cause a shitstorm when confirmed - as in, the real music types who balked at Kanye appearing. Which suggests it could be a pop act like Madonna. I bet there will be mock outrage and stories in the press about people 'returning tickets' if it happens. Not that I'm saying it's her, but it's probably someone that won't go down well. They're obviously holding back with the announcement for some reason...

Could still be Prince, he was meant to perform before but backed out cause they revealed his name to media?

Beyoncé got criticism before she performed so it's gonna be expected from rock fans.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with Braby.

Prince is still seen as a "real musician" so the announcement wouldn't be seen as shocking.

As mmmm said lets spread that it's prince so he doesn't do it :lmao:

couldn't they put the other dates on sale with lower prices or is that something they don't do? they could easily sell the other shows out if they see it's cheaper..

That would cause chaos.

Posted on Madonnatribe forum

Dance2nite wrote:

A 2nd London date is still on the cards, but a 3rd date that was planned has now been ruled out. 2 shows in London max! :-)

I think what may be holding up the announcement of the next London show is the other gaps in the schedule. The planned 2nd shows for Glasgow and Birmingham clearly aren't going to happen so they are looking at other cities to fill those gaps.

It will depend what availability is like at other venues.

There's a rumour they are looking at Dublin as a possibility. Once they have the other cities confirmed I think we will hear something.

So I'm hearing that the worst selling UK show so far is Manchester with 8 seats in a row still coming up at all price levels and in many sections (except £44) on their website. Not surprising at all considering the previous S&S cancellation. Dublin is a non-starter I would have thought, being one of the worst selling MDNA shows. Also that Gaga thing couldn't even fit her stage into that venue properly, never mind Madge.

Posted on Madonnatribe forum

Dance2nite wrote:

A 2nd London date is still on the cards, but a 3rd date that was planned has now been ruled out. 2 shows in London max! :-)

That sucks if true, but have strong feeling this tour will eventually start bringing back GP who fill venues.

So I'm hearing that the worst selling UK show so far is Manchester with 8 seats in a row still coming up at all price levels and in many sections (except £44) on their website. Not surprising at all considering the previous S&S cancellation. Dublin is a non-starter I would have thought, being one of the worst selling MDNA shows. Also that Gaga thing couldn't even fit her stage into that venue properly, never mind Madge.

I just tried for 6 tickets in Manchester, they came up easily. 121 quid plus fees to sit at the top of an aircraft hanger?

No wonder the tickets are not selling. Talk about alienating causal fans and the public!

I just tried for 6 tickets in Manchester, they came up easily. 121 quid plus fees to sit at the top of an aircraft hanger?

No wonder the tickets are not selling. Talk about alienating causal fans and the public!

On the arena's own website I just tried to see if it was true and 8 tix for floor section G next to the heart stage came up! What is going on?

Guest Rachelle of London

I tried on ticnetmaster and got the most upper tier for 121 each!

They need to slash prices. It's beyond the joke.

It's the same for other artists too. I see thousands stadium stickers on resellers for 1D, hundreds for their O2 shows. Their tickets are far more pricey than Madonna's! Their shit seats on upper blocks are over 100 and that's only a few, the rest are above 130plus.

She will be fine. Seriously when i look for O2 tickets on ticketmaster, tells me it's all gone.

Why the fuck are all tickets so fucking expensive nowadays? Jesus fucking christ

Overpriced tickets are the new way of the industry ripping people off. Not different from the way CDs were priced at £13.99 a few years ago. It's all a rip-off.

I bet you LN don't really care so much about Madonna selling out a venue or two as long as they can charge those prices. It's all been pre-calculated anyway.

but what do they have to gain with that? are they really that close minded that they can't think about her reputation if they have to cancel or shit like that? and its london not some little place in eastern europe.