London O2 Arena

markm

RIT was bland. Other than the opening... What other highlight is there?

I did like into the groove and holiday. the rest was forgettable apart from the sample in DTM.

I really enjoyed Reinvention at the time. The lack of a proper DVD makes it difficult to re-assess, but also the show itself wouldn't translate well on film (unlike MDNA, for instance, which in theory would have made a great tour film but the reality of the show was different.)

And I absolutely disagree with Ai Papi - of course Madonna's greatest hits would make for an unforgettable, amazing out of this world show. She has an unparalleled back catalogue to choose from. IT would make (in her own words) The Greatest Show on Earth but she's so hellbent against the idea that it will not happen anytime soon (that we know of.) (Unless you're referring specifically to Reinvention?)

I really enjoyed Reinvention at the time. The lack of a proper DVD makes it difficult to re-assess, but also the show itself wouldn't translate well on film (unlike MDNA, for instance, which in theory would have made a great tour film but the reality of the show was different.)

And I absolutely disagree with Ai Papi - of course Madonna's greatest hits would make for an unforgettable, amazing out of this world show. She has an unparalleled back catalogue to choose from. IT would make (in her own words) The Greatest Show on Earth but she's so hellbent against the idea that it will not happen anytime soon (that we know of.)

I just meant that RIT is proof that just becuz its heavy on the back catalogue doesn't necessarily mean it'll make a phenomenal show.

Of course if she hunkered down and planned for an immensely extravagant GH tour it would be brill.

I actually think S&S was a bigger crowd pleaser than RIT.

RIT was bland. Other than the opening... What other highlight is there?

no it wasn't. when you saw it live it was amazing and it got rave reviews for it. people loved it. but i have to say that when you watch it now it does look a bit boring. but at the show itself everyone loved it.

almost all casual fans/curious M peeps HATED SS. it destroyed so much of her cred as a performer. she got SLAUGHTERED in many countries. RIT however.. opposite.

no it wasn't. when you saw it live it was amazing and it got rave reviews for it. people loved it. but i have to say that when you watch it now it does look a bit boring. but at the show itself everyone loved it.

almost all casual fans/curious M peeps HATED SS. it destroyed so much of her cred as a performer. she got SLAUGHTERED in many countries. RIT however.. opposite.

What!! That can't be true. Why did she relaunch of the following summer and wind up grossing 408 million if the show had such a bad reception?

Guest Rachelle of London

What!! That can't be true. Why did she relaunch of the following summer and wind up grossing 408 million if the show had such a bad reception?

:dead:

The only people that hate on s&s are her fans tbh. They just wanted confessions part 2.

I still find RIT preachy and boring. Even the costumes are boring. It's all personal taste. Some people love it. I just don't.

Of course, S & S would register better with GP because it helps when you have JT, Britney, Kayne West, and Pharrell on screens with very accessible beats.

Like others have said before, M was not being overly artsy or avant-garde which turns off the soccer moms and loads of straight guys who pay for their girlfriend/wives expensive tickets!

Sorry though that Rain interlude had to be one of her worst ever! WTF with Annie Lennox and not having a better remix completed.

Of course, S & S would register better with GP because it helps when you have JT, Britney, Kayne West, and Pharrell on screens with very accessible beats.

Like others have said before, M was not being overly artsy or avant-garde which turns off the soccer moms and loads of straight guys who pay for their girlfriend/wives expensive tickets!

Sorry though that Rain interlude had to be one of her worst ever! WTF with Annie Lennox and not having a better remix completed.

Yeah that was bad. In fact the whole show kinda fell apart in the last act.

But everything before that is pretty luxe. The sexy pimp-cup perfs to lingerie luxe for Vogue, the Keith Haring segment, the gypsy segment. All great. The last part tho was NO.

Reinvention received rave reviews at the time and was phenomenally successful with the general public. Let's not re-write history please. And whilst there are segments of it I don't like (I never ever ever want to talk about that kilt or the hairnet), the whole first segment was absolutely phenomenal and there were plenty of other performances that were fantastic - including "Die Another Day" and "American Life" for instance. The "Bedtime Story" video was fantastic as a video projection goes.

Sticky and Sweet by comparison had positive to mixed reviews from both the public and the critics.

Sorry but truth hurts! I'm just serving the tea here. And I'm someone that prefers Sticky to Reinvention and we all know I've made fun of Reinvention quite a lot in my time. I'm just stating the facts. [Crazy right wing Christian View woman]Hey, GUESS WHAT! I like FACTS!!![/Crazy right wing Christian View woman]

No ones rewriting history - I just think we csn look back to 2004, compare it with 2006-2012... And we can all agree that Madonna did far better afterward.

Of course RIT seemed great at the time but remember how we all were circa 2004. We had basically resigned ourselves to children's books, sofa dresses, wooden cupboards, buckled shoes, and interviews - only about Kabbalah and motherhood -only with her legs neatly pressed together and hands folded- every 9 months. The fact that she showed some thigh on Reinvention and sang Deeper and Deeper basically satisfied us for a whole year. Times have changed thank god.

Guest Rachelle of London

Reinvention was HUGE and was very successful. I just think it's a bit boring at some parts however it is still an amazing show. whereas sticky which was panned by fans is one of my faves. Madonna has never had a bad show.

:dead:

The only people that hate on s&s are her fans tbh. They just wanted confessions part 2.

I still find RIT preachy and boring. Even the costumes are boring. It's all personal taste. Some people love it. I just don't.

well maybe I'm biased because all i saw were horrible reviews :( it was just terrible, both reactions from media and my friends.. and they LOVED confessions & rit. (they are casual fans btw, not big fans)

just look at reviews from europe.. i mean.. her audience went from like 120,000 to barely 20-something in norway. that should give you an idea.. it wasn't until i saw posts on this forum that i saw people loved SS..

OMG but i loved the rain interlude though.. the sound was so dark.. the dancing.. it gave me chills. the little details in the mix.. there was something a bit thrilling/scary about it, even nostalgic..but in an exciting way. and just so no one misunderstands me, I liked SS. not my fav tour but I loved her playfulness, keith haring, etc.. and yes RIT on video is kinda boring (except for the intro of Beast within & opening & bedtime stories etc) but when you were there it was amazing. especially seeing her for the first time :) it's an almost perfect show for a casual fan or first timer

Guest Rachelle of London

RIT must've been amazing for fans at the time as M hadn't performed those songs in soooooo many years. After the 8 year gap and DWT it must've been EPIC

RIT must've been amazing for fans at the time as M hadn't performed those songs in soooooo many years. After the 8 year gap and DWT it must've been EPIC

yeah maybe that also helped :) but it's true that it seems boring now, i agree with that.. i do think she has to perform a lot of rebel heart songs because the music IS good, but also a lot of hits at the same time.. maybe make it a long show, i don't know, but i do think there gotta to be some "casual fan-friendliness" now. sell those tickets..

Guest Rachelle of London

Hand on heart I think this tour will defo have more hits in the setlist. I think they know they can't damage her touring reputation as that's where the big money is made. Keep the casual fans happy is what they're gonna do. Reinvention was a good mix of old and new.

Hand on heart I think this tour will defo have more hits in the setlist. I think they know they can't damage her touring reputation as that's where the big money is made. Keep the casual fans happy is what they're gonna do. Reinvention was a good mix of old and new.

That's exactly what I said when I first brought RIT up....! I said the balance between massive hits and new material on that tour was a real winner, but someone didn't like that :(

She did 6.5 of the 11 tracks on AL. Aside from the title track, I think it's unlikely that she'll do any of the tracks that aren't on the standard edition of RH. We'll probably get maybe 8/9 RH tracks all up and hopefully, a good dozen absolute smashes. I know a lot of big fans don't want to hear LAP, Vogue, Holiday etc. again, but the GP does, and unless Madonna wants to keep downsizing with each subsequent tour, she needs to keep the GP happy (since her core fan base isn't massive enough any more to sell over a million tickets at the prices she charges).

It's a positive sign that she's performed both "Holiday" and DYU recently - it shows she's not in a frame of mind where she's averse to doing her really old stuff.

Regarding S&S, my cousin saw it in London (her first ever Madonna show and she was genuinely beside herself with excitement, since I'd raved about it to her when I saw it in Rome and Dusseldorf), and she HATED it :( She said it was such a let down and that people around her were complaining bitterly about it. My cousin actually said it was terrible :( Of course, I disagreed strongly, but she was adamant. Again, to each their own! For some, WTG is the pinnacle of her live shows...!

From reading posts here, yeah have feeling more "big" hits will be featured in RH tour.

We all heard those screams of genuine excitement when LAP started after a two hour concert between one and two in the morning!

Of course RIT seemed great at the time but remember how we all were circa 2004. We had basically resigned ourselves to children's books, sofa dresses, wooden cupboards, buckled shoes, and interviews - only about Kabbalah and motherhood -only with her legs neatly pressed together and hands folded- every 9 months. The fact that she showed some thigh on Reinvention and sang Deeper and Deeper basically satisfied us for a whole year. Times have changed thank god.

I wasn't a fan yet around that time but...jesus christ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: this description is hilarious! who was she?!??

I wasn't a fan yet around that time but...jesus christ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: this description is hilarious! who was she?!??

A very different woman. Relationships change people, so do breakups. It's natural and it's part of her progression. But since COADF and to a bigger degree 2008, I really have forgotten about Esther tbh. Those flower dresses still haunt me tho.