London O2 Arena

markm

Guest Rachelle of London

It's bloody SHAMEFUL that London is performing so badly. I didn't mean that London was doing well at all and I'm actually surprised at how the second show is doing, I thought sales would be as slow as first night. I still think they should've kept that Saturday open for London. Why on earth is she doing weekday shows in London? Forget Londoners look at how many visitors are coming in for these shows.

Guest Rachelle of London

If sales continue like this I predict a huge price slash the week of the shows like what Live Nation are doing for other artists. Imagine £17 Madonna tickets!!!!

Well yes I was being facetious. Like I said, I don't think ANY of the UK shows will be cancelled. It's not a competition to see who's selling the worst. They ALL are.

Some people on Icon who are looking at Ticketmaster and seeing Glasgow tickets (shitty ones at that) still available, are jumping to conclusions. Maybe someone ought to explain to them what I've already said about that being the SOLE outlet for those tix, unlike the rest of the UK shows that are using several ticketing companies as well as Tmaster. Just as one could look at that pic above and jump to conclusions. Just as it was Manchester they were talking about the other week because the arena's own website is still offering 8 tix in a row on the floor.

Yes, they did scrap Glasgow night 2, as well as Birmingham night 2 and London night 3. What does that tell us?

Anyway, here's the package situation according to Live Nation themselves.

Glasgow, Birmingham and Manchester ALL have Rebel Heart, Hot Ticket, and Premium VIP Party packages still available. Glasgow in addition has one runway package left (two tix). Anyone hoping to get runway tix closer to the date are probably in for disappointment. They are the only packages that have sold really well.

London night 2 has Runway, Heart Stage, Rebel Heart, Hot Ticket, Premium VIP Party and VIP party still available. As well as the regular tickets in the pic above. They are advertising London because it's not selling as well as it should. Night one took weeks and weeks to sell out as we know. They have actively decreased the prices of certain sections in London alone, because it's not selling as well as it should, they've taken out a double spread in Attitude magazine... because it's not selling as well as it should. This is LONDON, a city of 8 million people and one of the wealthiest in the world, this is a mid-size arena, and this is MADONNA. I mean...no-one sees that this is a bit strange? (except markm and Suede :biggrin: )

They will sell eventually anyway. The harm of cancellations would be far more catastrophic than them only making 1.5 million from a show instead of 2m.

Don't have a heart attack if you're reading this XXL!!! ;-)

:D

Gasping for air

This is what's available for London night 2. I mean it just boggles my mind that you can even buy tix next to the heart stage still. And THAT is why this date is advertised at every train station in London. If any date is in danger of being cancelled.....

333906q.jpg

Kim, they have definitely released more tickets reserved for packages and VIPs. When I looked several times on Friday there were no floor seats available and most of the level 1 side blocks were not available. Those seats in the light green were the one previously selling for £110 now the have been slashed to £40! The seats in the blue on level 4 were all previously £110 but the top rows of those blocks are been reduced to £85 which I still think is to expensive but let's see if they start shifting. It's shocking the amounts of seats still available and clearly a marker of how bad her stock has fallen in the UK. Those ridiculous prices for packages haven't helped either. Whoever signed them off thinking her fans and the public would cough up the cash is clueless and should be sacked. The sluggish sales have nothing to with the economy. The UK is not in recession and London is a very wealthy city. This about people in her team oblivious to the damage and bad headlines from her last two tours. Why on earth did they think they could charge £175 + fees when she hasn't had a hit song in years?

Now they are scrambling around adjusting pricies in a desperate attempt to shift tickets.

I can't believe this is happening. IN LONDON. Unbelievable. Seems like no one can forgive her for the Wembley Stadium and Hyde park fiascos.

I can't believe this is happening. IN LONDON. Unbelievable. Seems like no one can forgive her for the Wembley Stadium and Hyde park fiascos.

I don't think it's this actually but her ignorance and lack of promo and appearances between 2009-2015 in UK/Europe.

That's true. Sometimes we forget that her last hit was in 2009. That's 6 years ago. A long time.

I was testing my flatmates the other day to see which is the last Madonna single they remember and they both said Celebration. They had NO IDEA what Living For Love or GMAYL is. LOL. And they are gay men... Think about the general public... Straight women for example. They knew of the fall at the Brits but had no idea which song she performed when she fell. They had just seen the 5 seconds when she fell and then got up.

That's true. Sometimes we forget that her last hit was in 2009. That's 6 years ago. A long time.

I was testing my flatmates the other day to see which is the last Madonna single they remember and they both said Celebration. They had NO IDEA what Living For Love or GMAYL is. LOL. And they are gay men... Think about the general public... Straight women for example. They knew of the fall at the Brits but had no idea which song she performed when she fell. They had just seen the 5 seconds when she fell and then got up.

Same here. Madonna is inexistent in Romania since 2009, unfortunately :( and sometimes I feel so bad because I keep trying to prove them wrong, that she still is in the business and has great songs.

This is what's available for London night 2. I mean it just boggles my mind that you can even buy tix next to the heart stage still. And THAT is why this date is advertised at every train station in London. If any date is in danger of being cancelled.....

333906q.jpg

Which bafoon's would even by tickets in those two red triangle sections behind the stage, where you can only see things when they appear on the catwalk and miss half the show? I'm surprised Live Nation have not released tickets from the lobby, car park and toilets.

I think thats part of the problem as well as people not wanting to splash out between £120- £190 pounds when the setlist may not be full of hit singles or songs they are not familiar with. We know she doesn't like playing a lot of her old songs but she's at the stage in her career where thats what the general public and casual fans want. I am sure if ticket prices were lower and people knew the setlist was hits heavy ticket sales would be a lot brisker.

Unless RH becomes more of a hit with GP, M will need to perform more hits and advertise the tour as such in US and Europe?

Besides London show not selling as well as in previous tours, it's shocking a very large state like CA has not added one or two more dates.

Even Las Vegas or Chicago still has not added second shows. Yikes!! :shock:

Unless RH becomes more of a hit with GP, M will need to perform more hits and advertise the tour as such in US and Europe?

Besides London show not selling as well as in previous tours, it's shocking a very large state like CA has not added one or two more dates.

Even Las Vegas or Chicago still has not added second shows. Yikes!! :shock:

Yes its very telling that LA and Vegas and San Jose so far only have one show each. She usually does 2 in Vegas and San Jose and at least 3-4 shows in LA.

That might be your friends but it's not representative of the public. You're talking about n=2 here for God's sakes. On the other hand I can tell you about my two straight friends, both of whom had heard "Ghosttown" on the radio and both were telling me at the pub over pints of ale that they loved it. It's just that they wouldn't buy it not because it's Madonna but because they don't buy music anymore. But I won't say that's indicative of the UK public. It's just my friends.

So let's calm it down with the usual Jasonakos negative Nancy storylines please.

And let's not get it twisted here, if the prices were cheaper and the tour was promoted as a GH Tour properly (TV adverts for Madonna "doing a greatest hits tour.. for the first time ever!" with lots of TIC songs in the advert), we wouldn't be having this conversation. She'd probably have been on her 4th O2 date by now. It's not about people not being aware of her in the UK (that's BULLSHIT - she's been EVERYWHERE in the media during this era) or even about her not having a hit; it's about the steep prices and the general decline in her reputation as a live performer (bad sound, late starts, lack of hits etc. etc.) in this country. Of course a hit would have helped but it's about much, much more than that.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yassss Suedey!!!!!!

It's the prices more than anything. I know a few people that want to go but don't wanna spend that much so are waiting to see if prices go down.

I don't know how the UK treats her, but in Sweden, where I come from, she hasn't received many good reviews since Confessions. And that counts for both albums and tours. And people here read reviews, so I'm sure that has some effect.

Media here loved and adored her until Hard candy.

The thing is, she's toured here a lot. Five times since 2000.

A lot of people will have seen at least once, maybe several times and just don't want to see her again when they could see other new artists. Then there's the other factors of it being Christmas, lack hits etc... but I think a lot of it is because people are just disinterested now. Been there, seen it, done it.

I may have gone to a London show had it been at the weekend but not in the week although may consider it if I got a great price for a great seat.

Guest bluejean

Yassss Suedey!!!!!!

It's the prices more than anything. I know a few people that want to go but don't wanna spend that much so are waiting to see if prices go down.

I think so too. I don't think the average person expects to pay more than $150-200 for a concert let alone pay that much to sit way up the back.

If you pay that much for most other acts you can get great seats so that is what people will do.

That seems like a pretty big gap between Birmingham and Glascow. Wonder if it's possible for M to add a show between 16th and 20th in either of those two cities unless the demand does not increase?

That seems like a pretty big gap between Birmingham and Glascow. Wonder if it's possible for M to add a show between 16th and 20th in either of those two cities unless the demand does not increase?

The gap was there in anticipation of the 2nd Brum and 2nd Glasgow night.. :nocomment:

Greatest hits would sell the fuck out

That's what people want. Ok the hardcore fans don't mind if it's 15 songs from rebel Heart and a remix of Impressive Instant mashed with One More Chance, but then again how many people in the UK have purchased that album?

Then compare to TIC which basically every household I know owns.

She needs to sort it out. Well her team.

Greatest hits would sell the fuck out

That's what people want. Ok the hardcore fans don't mind if it's 15 songs from rebel Heart and a remix of Impressive Instant mashed with One More Chance, but then again how many people in the UK have purchased that album?

Then compare to TIC which basically every household I know owns.

She needs to sort it out. Well her team.

I think she'll do a similar show to RIT setlist wise.

7-8 Rebel Heart tracks and the rest oldies but goodies.

"For this tour I will be performing some Rebel songs, some Heart Songs and some classic songs that I know my fans will love".

That might be your friends but it's not representative of the public. You're talking about n=2 here for God's sakes. On the other hand I can tell you about my two straight friends, both of whom had heard "Ghosttown" on the radio and both were telling me at the pub over pints of ale that they loved it. It's just that they wouldn't buy it not because it's Madonna but because they don't buy music anymore. But I won't say that's indicative of the UK public. It's just my friends.

So let's calm it down with the usual Jasonakos negative Nancy storylines please.

No need to reply with such attitude just because I shared a personal observation. It's the reality, not my own negative storylines. If you experience something different around you, then OK. I respect it. I'm not calling it your own made up facts.

The familiarity of the UK public with each and every of her post-2009 singles is reflected on their peak positions and sales anyway. Regardless of what you and I say.