London O2 Arena

markm

I got the best seats in the house for Kate Bush through the Eventim Apollo website itself.

Yeah I've often got thebest tickets through the venue or AXS are pretty good

So I just checked on AXS.com and the O2 show is not sold out. Overnight lots of seats in the back upper blocks have popped up that were not there yesterday. Also some of the seats in the higher rows of the upper blocks are now £85 instead of £110. My guess is those seats were not shifting in secondary sites and have been dumped back into the general sale with a price reduction. I think they are realising that the prices they are charging for sitting at the top of one the back blocks in the upper tier is ridiculous. Either that or they have been reading feedback on fansites.

^ Livenation will want a second night at the O2. They need to shift those tickets before they announce a second show. Madonna would have sold out one show in minutes five years ago. The prices are too high and they are ridiculous on getmein. oh well...

^ Livenation will want a second night at the O2. They need to shift those tickets before they announce a second show. Madonna would have sold out one show in minutes five years ago. The prices are too high and they are ridiculous on getmein. oh well...

Yes she would have sold out a show 5 years ago in minutes but as people including myself have said in other threads her stock is incredibly low in the UK.

She hasn't had hit song since Celebration, the last two eras did a lot of damage and her new songs are not getting a lot of air play. The general public and casual fans feel disconnected from her and are not willing to shell out top dollar to sit at the back of a 18k capacity arena. Times have changed, I don't know why her team fail to grasp this.

Completely agree Markm. Some of the prices are utterly ridiculous.

I am going to wait and buy nearer. Plus there maybe someone I know who can bag me great seats. Will have to pay but face value.

It's also Christmas! It's kind of an expensive and busy time of year too!

But yes, it's nearly six years since Her last top ten and I think the average person would only remember Hung Up as her last big memorable hit!

Checked on Ticketmaster and it looks like all the standard tickets have sold out. Just the ridiculously priced packages left.

If you are interested AXS.com has upper tier tickets at face value. I have used them a lot they are completely fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok what's happening with the 2nd london show? There are hardly any seats left in the upper tiers.

If they are not confident they can fill the 02 again then they should book her into Wembley Arena.

A nice intimate sized show she would easily fill it. At the moment there is space on 12th Decembef a Saturday night.

I refuse to believe that she can't fill a 2nd O2 arena show. If it's true then I'm speechless.

The tickets are too expensive and too many are available as special, overpriced packages. Livenation only have themselves to blame...

I refuse to believe that she can't fill a 2nd O2 arena show. If it's true then I'm speechless.

I think she has lost a lot of casual fans and the general public from the past two eras and they just aren't willing to come back. The high ticket prices aren't helping either. She needs to do a couple of promo shows in the UK. Glastonbury would do wonders for her if it happens.

Guest Rachelle of London

Its the bloody packages that have ruined it. If they announce another date then don't do so many VIP packages, it will sell like hotcakes

Its the bloody packages that have ruined it. If they announce another date then don't do so many VIP packages, it will sell like hotcakes

I agree Chelle the packages have ruined it. Charging £175 to sit a the back of the lower tier and £120 to sit up in level 4 is ridiculous and isn't helping either.

I saw a new add pop up for the show, went to have a look and still no general tickets available, only packages for £300+. If the hardcore fans haven't bought them by now, they're no going to in 8 months time.

Kylie did 3 nights at the O2 recently in support of her flop album, so M could definately fill another night. It's just the beyond crazy prices. Why should people pay in the hundreds and no even get a decent view? It should be £40 at the back and £100 for the very front.

Guest Rachelle of London

The only good thing about people not buying all the VIP tickets now is that they are bound to slash the prices closer to the time. Also the fact they haven't added another date makes me think there is further UK promo scheduled.

I saw a new add pop up for the show, went to have a look and still no general tickets available, only packages for £300+. If the hardcore fans haven't bought them by now, they're no going to in 8 months time.

Kylie did 3 nights at the O2 recently in support of her flop album, so M could definately fill another night. It's just the beyond crazy prices. Why should people pay in the hundreds and no even get a decent view? It should be £40 at the back and £100 for the very front.

Kylie's latest tour was packed with hits from her whole career, though (only half a dozen "Miss Me One" tracks, even though it was called the "Kiss Me Once" tour. The only massive hits hits she didn't do were "Confide In Me" and "Better The Devil You Know" - pretty much everything else that the general public would want to hear was there.

If Madonna did a similar setlist (can you imagine?!), and word got out in advance that this was the plan, she'd sell out a dozen nights in an instant....

Kylie's latest tour was packed with hits from her whole career, though (only half a dozen "Miss Me One" tracks, even though it was called the "Kiss Me Once" tour. The only massive hits hits she didn't do were "Confide In Me" and "Better The Devil You Know" - pretty much everything else that the general public would want to hear was there.

If Madonna did a similar setlist (can you imagine?!), and word got out in advance that this was the plan, she'd sell out a dozen nights in an instant....

That pretty much sums up why Kylie's last show was so underwhelming, Madonna doesn't need to rely on past glories to put on a good show !

That pretty much sums up why Kylie's last show was so underwhelming, Madonna doesn't need to rely on past glories to put on a good show !

That's completely subjective, though. I happened to love the show. It wasn't as big budget as her last tour, but in terms of the set list, it had almost everything that a long-term fan (as opposed to a hardcore one) could want. Madonna could put on an incredible show regardless of the set list. Imagine the impact of an incredible show plus a set list packed with hits? The hard core fans would probably complain, but the general public would lap it up and ticket sales would go through the roof.

If the set list for RHT is similar in balance to that of the RIT, then I think she's going to have as show that keeps everyone happy.

That's completely subjective, though. I happened to love the show. It wasn't as big budget as her last tour, but in terms of the set list, it had almost everything that a long-term fan (as opposed to a hardcore one) could want. Madonna could put on an incredible show regardless of the set list. Imagine the impact of an incredible show plus a set list packed with hits? The hard core fans would probably complain, but the general public would lap it up and ticket sales would go through the roof.

If the set list for RHT is similar in balance to that of the RIT, then I think she's going to have as show that keeps everyone happy.

No Thanks, the RIT was a very bland tour, only the opening segment was EPIC.

^ A recent review of all of her shows listed it as her second best show EVER (after BAT).

Are you suggesting that Madonna's greatest hits are "bland"...? Interesting...

^ A recent review of all of her shows listed it as her second best show EVER (after BAT).

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. BAT is my fav M tour, followed by Confessions, MDNA, Girlie Show...

& No I don't think Madonna's GH are bland at all, I just found some of sections & presentations of the RIT watching the show on DVD bland, that's all.

Then that reviewer has done lost his/her mind.

Madonna's Greatest Hits does not a good show make.