Herning, Denmark - 16 November 2015

Msig

Not surprising, I don't think the general public has any idea about WTG.

No way! It was a massive worldwide smash and always used in headlines about her!

The thing about WTG in Cologne was that I didn't expect it to be a highlight, yet it probably was my favourite moment together with Deeper and Deeper. Of course it's only my opinion, but I think it's sad that others don't have the chance to experience it live.

Really missed Who's that girl, but had the feeling that it would be dropped... so I did not get upset because of it... great show... and by far the best Madonna concert I have seen until now :-) great flow of songs... and great versions of the old classics.

Guest Rachelle of London

Not surprising, I don't think the general public has any idea about WTG.

It was a UK number one and probably is one of her most played songs on radio. Most tabloids always use Whos That Girl as a headline about Madonna, its like when they call her the Material Girl.

Love that Iconic quote! WHat did Madonna say about the tattoo?

The tattoo bit starts at 4:35 in the periscope vid.

M asked what was on Zenia's back and then read out the quote. She then said, "Wow, that's a tattoo. Nice! Thank you, that's so nice of you. For life, we're stuck together. Good job."

:laugh:

The tattoo bit starts at 4:35 in the periscope vid.

M asked what was on Zenia's back and then read out the quote. She then said, "Wow, that's a tattoo. Nice! Thank you, that's so nice of you. For life, we're stuck together. Good job."

:laugh:

Oh wonderful! :laugh:

I agree, Who's That Girl wasn't "just" another Madonna hit it's an iconic song that was everywhere!

Absolutely.

An iconic Madonna hit for anyone worldwide who was alive in the 1980s - and also importantly a song Madonna had never gone near since the year it was first released (which is nearly 30 years now).

The RHT version is so beautiful. I never imagined she could perform this song decades later and that I'd think it was better than the original! And certainly way better than the only other live version (the 1987 tour version).

I also think it's fair to say that WTG was part of the original "concept" of this tour (along with DYU of course).

GT was the very first "extra" song added - and when she did that first in Brooklyn she said that it had not been rehearsed - it was not part of the show, as originally conceived - and I think similarly with the other "extra" songs we're getting now at that part of the show.

Don't get me wrong - I ***love*** how she's mixing it up and I am loving all the extra songs.

Wouldn't be all that happy though if luck meant I ended up never seeing WTG performed live on this tour cos I only happened to be at the shows it's randomly dropped from (don't have to worry about that personally cos I've seen it already in Canada and USA).

Absolutely.

An iconic Madonna hit for anyone worldwide who was alive in the 1980s - and also importantly a song Madonna had never gone near since the year it was first released (which is nearly 30 years now).

The RHT version is so beautiful. I never imagined she could perform this song decades later and that I'd think it was better than the original! And certainly way better than the only other live version (the 1987 tour version).

I also think it's fair to say that WTG was part of the original "concept" of this tour (along with DYU of course).

GT was the very first "extra" song added - and when she did that first in Brooklyn she said that it had not been rehearsed - it was not part of the show, as originally conceived - and I think similarly with the other "extra" songs we're getting now at that part of the show.

Don't get me wrong - I ***love*** how she's mixing it up and I am loving all the extra songs.

Wouldn't be all that happy though if luck meant I ended up never seeing WTG performed live on this tour cos I only happened to be at the shows it's randomly dropped from (don't have to worry about that personally cos I've seen it already in Canada and USA).

Absolutely.

Absolutely! Since I'm only seeing one show, it worries me because it felt so special to me personally finally seeing (on periscope) DYU and that beautiful WTG.. i'm not against Madonna loosening control a little and mixing, but these two I'd hate to miss and doubt she will do them another time, they do fit into Rebel Heart.

There really is no doubt that Who's that girl" was the song I was looking the most forward to hearing live, but we got a lot of other great songs.. so I feel no need to complaint about it being cut.

One thing that is pissing me off though, is how most reviewers seem to focus on how dreadful they think her recent music has been... most of them sound like they have never listened to e.g.. the amazing "Rebel heart" album.

It's strange with such a fabulous album as Rebel Heart. It's prejudice I think, somehow normal against M in the whole of Scandinavia. Even Sweden which should be proud of her swedish collaborations. Maybe we suffer with Jante loven too much, or just too many old whiny misogynist reporters?

So the show in Denmark lasted 'only' 1:45 / 1:50 hours? The show I went to (Prague, 1st night) was 2:15 hours long!!!

I really loved the medley when I saw in Prague and I feel so blessed that we got Dress You Up, Secret AND Ghosttown there! That was the perfect combination of old/new/in-between and everyone was happy.

I love Who's That Girl but not this tour version, so I'm not too sad if it's gone for good.

I remember MDNA tour in Oslo. The show was great, the audience was great. I remember telling my wife the rewiews would be bad the next day. And I was right! In both Sweden and Denmark its the same. Strange though that the media coverage is huge each time;-)

It's strange with such a fabulous album as Rebel Heart. It's prejudice I think, somehow normal against M in the whole of Scandinavia. Even Sweden which should be proud of her swedish collaborations. Maybe we suffer with Jante loven too much, or just too many old whiny misogynist reporters?

I think it's a mix of all of those things, but arrantly it's not only happening in Scandinavia... a shame really as she is still the best pop artist around :-/ but at least we are a lot of people who still enjoys her work.

its billboard and their "she flopped, isn't #1" bullshit that gave that impression. along with probably bitch I'm madonna (altho i think a lot of younger people started to get to know Madonna from that song and thats nice. but critics aren't into the song)

billboard is such a scam with their anti madonna and pro gaga bs (changing rules when madonna 's album is coming out and things like that)

its billboard and their "she flopped, isn't #1" bullshit that gave that impression. along with probably bitch I'm madonna (altho i think a lot of younger people started to get to know Madonna from that song and thats nice. but critics aren't into the song)

billboard is such a scam with their anti madonna and pro gaga bs (changing rules when madonna 's album is coming out and things like that)

Billboard is not the only media being anti Madonna these days, yesterday before the concert they were talking about it on Danish Tv... and my what a lot of crap they were saying... It really felt like they were talking Madonna and the concert down, to stop last minute buyers from attending the concert :huh: Lol, I got so freaking pissed :angry:

I need the text of what she said in new speech, please. So I can copy paste :-) :-)

Transcribed from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSbmEU0d8fQ. Starts at 1:16

I want to comment again, of course, on the tragic events that happened in Paris last Friday. Not to dwell on it but to be clear that of course what happened in Paris France is an unforgivable tragedy and we are all mourning the loss and still reeling in shock. But there are those people who have said and commented that I am not concerned with tragic events that happen elsewhere in the world, and that simply isn't true. I care deeply about what's happening in Syria, in Lebanon, in Libya, in Iraq, in Africa, in Palestine, in Israel. All over the world, there are tragic senseless acts of violence that need to stop. The world right now seems very dark, but it's our jobs as artists and human beings to change and turn that darkness into light. OK? And that is what we're going to do. Are you with me, Denmark? Are you with me? Are you ready to start this Revolution of Love with me?

Billboard is not the only media being anti Madonna these days, yesterday before the concert they were talking about it on Danish Tv... and my what a lot of crap they were saying... It really felt like they were talking Madonna and the concert down, to stop last minute buyers from attending the concert :huh: Lol, I got so freaking pissed :angry:

yea but i think it starts with billboard cuz what they say spreads

and thats terrible if they say that. but so predictable isn't it? putting a pop artist (the most successful female artist) down. it makes no sense. its bullying. they dont do it with anyone else. she has the biggest sales of a female artist this year so far in the opening week. no one talks about that. if madonna is a "flop" what does that make of EVERYONE ELSE in pop?

yea but i think it starts with billboard cuz what they say spreads

and thats terrible if they say that. but so predictable isn't it? putting a pop artist (the most successful female artist) down. it makes no sense. its bullying. they dont do it with anyone else. she has the biggest sales of a female artist this year so far in the opening week. no one talks about that. if madonna is a "flop" what does that make of EVERYONE ELSE in pop?

Yes, I really do not get the critic that Madonna is getting... but you are right, we should not be surprised about it... it's always like that, first the media's build you up, then they desperately try to knock you down... with Madonna they have had very little luck with that.. so their critics are getting more and more ridicules.