PARIS - 9 December thread #1

Confessions92

I read one one of the articles on DM they said this is just the beging. I don't know if they meant Paris or other cities. Stay safe everyone :(

#foofighters #U2 #coldplay all Cancel European tours now fb.me/KauzAubJ

thoughts? the headline is misleading though, the foo fighters cancelled the tour, and U2 just the paris dates and coldplay a LA stream

So. To all of the lovely members here who have tickets for the Paris shows, do you still plan to go? Personally I have a ticket for the 2nd show and will definitely not scrap my plans, however I can't deny I have a bit of a nervous feeling towards it all...I truly hope security will be tightened as much as it can get.

Paris has shut down all public spaces until further notice.

"It's safe to assume this means at least through the weekend, but it could be longer. A source with knowledge of the live music situation in Paris told Billboardthat concert halls and performance spaces will be closed at least through Thursday."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6762493/paris-shootings-shuts-down-public-spaces-concerts-halls-movie-theaters

Security in arenas and stadiums is already good and they can tighten it even more. These venues have the infrastructure and security is always considered when they are designed. The terrorists tried to enter the football stadium and they couldn't, I suppose because of security measures. The problem is with smaller venues, theatres, older buildings. It would be dreadful if people started fearing to go out.

That's the attitude to have!! Don't let these terrorists stop you from living your lives!!! Go to the show and have the best time. But take a moment to remember those who were murdered in Paris last night.

That's the attitude to have!! Don't let these terrorists stop you from living your lives!!! Go to the show and have the best time. But take a moment to remember those who were murdered in Paris last night.

you are so right Paul.

Not to sound insensitive, but I doubt they'll cancel concerts and public events happening through December. That would be the definition of allowing terrorism to cripple your economy. However, if there were more attacks in the coming days, I can see why they would do it for safety reasons.

I'm still going. No terrorist is stopping me

I WITH HER

I m going , both shows and will leave rome airport the first day of Jubelee

IT S A CRUEL INJUSTICE TO BE WITNESS OF THE THINGS WE SEE BUT I M NOT GONNA RUN FROM ALL THESE SADNESS

I'd be surprised if she cancels. The show is in one month. Life must goes on.

After 9/11 it didn't took a long time before the life got back to normal. They wanted people to live a normal life as much as possible.

And honestly, I don't believe another attack will happen so close in time.

She didn't cancel the Tel Aviv shows back in the day when they were fighting with Palestina, she will give the shows and if they cancel them, she will make an acoustic concert or a public appearance to not let down her fans.

The shows will be amazing!

Even IF the police are saying that she shouldn't perform, she definitely won't cancel these shows without a fight. Yesterday's Stockholm speech proves that.

Regarding the Foo Fighters cancelling their WHOLE European tour; they shouldn't have done that, if anyone they are giving in to what the terrorists want, and it makes the band look scared

The Foo Fighters really took the wrong decision imo

It's ok to cancel the shows this week, by respect to the victims, but after that, this is kinda stupid.

I think it was the right decision. They only had a few dates left so it wouldn't have gone much over this week in any case.