PARIS - 9 December thread #1

Confessions92

I think she HAS to do the shows as planned. One thing about Madonna,she NEVER backs down in the face of something as evil as what has just taken place on the streets of Paris. If I were her,I would take ALL the money raised from both ticket sales and merchandise,and donate it to a victim fund, for help for the victims and their families.

As she herself said "Music, makes the people come together". We must ALL show the scum that perpetrated this attrocity,that the everyday man and woman on the street will NOT be cowered by acts of terrorism. There is after all,strength in numbers. Rant over!! Xx

She defied 9/11 and lost some of her team because of it.

But this is a completely different situation though.

The terrorists were hijacking concerts/public events in theaters/stadiums, and to think that M's shows could've been scheduled on the same date.... :scared:

I really hope she will carry on and give her all to her fans in France (just imagine La Vie En Rose and Ghosttown...), but they seriously need to amp up their security for ALL of her remaining European shows.

I don't think today's event will deter Madonna. There was a terrorist threat warning issued by the US Embassy before her concert in Russia but Madonna still carried on and defended LGBT rights in the concert.

I don't think today's event will deter Madonna. There was a terrorist threat warning issued by the US Embassy before her concert in Russia but Madonna still carried on and defended LGBT rights in the concert.

I believe you are talking about the MDNA Tour show. Extremists also said they were going to shoot her once she gets on the cross back in 2006 (also in Russia). She did it anyway.

I doubt she will cancel. The concerts are still weeks away and, at this point, horrible attacks like the one last night could happen in any European capital.

Do they have metal detectors etc in Bercy?

In Prague, I was pleasantly surprised they screened everybody thoroughly before entering the arena.

I doubt she will cancel. The concerts are still weeks away and, at this point, horrible attacks like the one last night could happen in any European capital.

Do they have metal detectors etc in Bercy?

In Prague, I was pleasantly surprised they screened everybody thoroughly before entering the arena.

Those dates also coincide with the end of the UN climate conference in Paris so security should be unbelievable.

Security is always good in UK shows.

New York was excellent.

They need to step up the security now for all the rest of her European shows. She has a really good security team internally (many of whom I think are former Israeli intelligence - super highly trained) - but it's the external factors that she can't control that need to be stepped up. I really hope her team are liaising with the local venues' security framework and ensuring that the rest of the European leg will be 1000% secure for her first of all and also for her fans.

They need to step up the security now for all the rest of her European tours. She has a really good security team internally (many of whom I think are former Israeli intelligence - super highly trained) - but it's the external factors that she can't control that need to be stepped up.

Yes I remember she mention the high security measures taken during MDNA during her VICE interview. She complained to her team that the SUV was drivng so slow and they explained to her it was extremely heavy because it was bomb resistant.

I think being such a high profile event, with people from all around the world attending the show by an american superstar, im sure very strict security meassures will be taken, if they feel it's too risky i'm sure they will cancel, it's still hard for me to believe that human beings can be capable of doing things like these to innocent people, with such cruelty, it's heartbreaking

I just remembered that Madonna performed on home soil 2 days after 9/11 during the Drowned World Tour so yes, I still think the show will go on as planned if we go by her history. I'm not gonna lie, I probably would be too scared to attend the concert myself.

I'm pretty sure the concerts will be done, M has a good security team and she's not afraid: she performed in the US right after 9/11 and went to Russia in 2006 while there was a terrorist threat :)

Also, I'd like to exchange two cat. 2 tickets for one cat. 1 on December 9, do you know on which website I can go?

I can't wait for her to wrap up her European leg. I''m gonna be sooooo nervous about her safety ( and everyone else's) during each show :(

I think Paris will be the safest place among all European capitals right now, but Barcelona/Amsterdam/London will be my biggest concern. :(