"Rebel Heart" Reviews [continued] - thread 2

True. People are already changing their minds because of the charts I see...

this is always the same around here. Unfortunately.

Poor is the man whose pleasure depends on the charts.

Its just an opinion people. I was around in the 90's and LFL is not adding much to that era IMO, its very over produced. I don't follow the charts, just being honest that l tried to love LFL and l enjoy it but l can be objective and see why it did not take off. Think about LAP, Secret, Frozen even Hung Up, they were lead singles that sounded like new territory to the masses. And just because it may have been a hit if another artist released it does not mean anything, radio add based on many factors and especially recent success so the fact that other artists can release shit and get played is just the celebrity game.

LFL would have been sung by Rihanna, it would have been everywhere on the radio.

Anyone saying it's dated, is clearly deaf and need to see a doctor.

Seriously, or perhaps check out the number #1 song in the USA for 13-weeks-running.

L4L dated? My lovely asshole, it's dated. :)

Its just an opinion people. I was around in the 90's and LFL is not adding much to that era IMO, its very over produced. I don't follow the charts, just being honest that l tried to love LFL and l enjoy it but l can be objective and see why it did not take off. Think about LAP, Secret, Frozen even Hung Up, they were lead singles that sounded like new territory to the masses. And just because it may have been a hit if another artist released it does not mean anything, radio add based on many factors and especially recent success so the fact that other artists can release shit and get played is just the celebrity game.

Like a Prayer - Adult Pop, Secret- Mainstream R'N'B of the 90s, Frozen - Trip Hop with elements of electronic music, Hung Up - Euro House with ABBA sample.

If you were around in the 90s, you must be familiar with these music genres. They were huge, at least in Europe. And "Living for Love" is great single. I can't see anything wrong with it. it's not original, but it also doesn't sound like mainstream radio pop.

True. People are already changing their minds because of the charts I see...

this is always the same around here. Unfortunately.

Poor is the man whose pleasure depends on the charts.

Yep.

And this is exactly what I was called names for in the Guy O thread because I pointed out the obvious.

:newspaper:

^ becuz Beck is a hipster icon. There are many, many hipster devoted music blogs out now that for some reason have metacritic clout :lol: I love me some Beck tho

It's the same culture that took down (or attempted to anyway) Lana Del Rey at the beginning of her career. Very pretentious, completely transparent stuff. Be glad they're not reviewing Madonna.

• 2 weeks later...