"Rebel Heart" Reviews [continued] - thread 2

I'm a Courtney Love fan, but I don't understand that either. I guess because both Madonna and Courtney don't do just ballads/AC music? But Madonna is a lot more professional than Courtney, so it doesn't make sense.

For me Courtney Love wasn't a rebel . She was just a mess hell bent on self destruction .She tried to play by the rules during People VS Larry Flynt but went on to make bad choices in movies and music .( I love Hole's first album and some tracks from 2nd album ) .

So to compare Madonna to Courtney is just crazy .

I'm so happy to see that a great majority of critics are really listening to this album and reviewing it accordingly...... I think we can all agree as Madonna fans that we are the most critical :laugh: but the fact that we're loving it so passionately says EVERYTHING

This album is getting some real love! I havent read all the reviews but it feels like most of them are saying the same stuff: RH is her strongest effort since COADF. Some even say it's her best since ROL/Music.

I hate EW !

Entertainment Weekly had two writers hash it out in a back-and-forth. Kyle Anderson wrote, "I have faith that she'll reveal herself with repeated listens. (Weirdly, for an album mostly designed to move people in a club, it's actually a pretty fascinating headphone trip.) This may be damning it with faint praise, but this is Madonna's best outing since 2000's Music, and that earns Rebel Heart a solid B." EW's Adam Markovitz concluded, "I love that she's as frustrating and ambitious as ever--still difficult, complicated, and hard to pin down. But that's how I'd describe this album, too. If Like a Virgin is her A game, and something rocky but rewarding like Bedtime Stories is B level, then this gets a C+."

I mean saying that it's her BEST outing since Music and then gave it a B ???? Sometimes I wondered whether these critics have hearing problems .

Thanks for posting !

Best paragraphs ever .

By now, Madonna needs no more Hot 100 hits or record-breaking albums. She really doesn’t need to make new music at all, period. Her legacy is cemented. And yet, she carries on, moving forward by looking back — and seemingly more inspired than ever.

I came, I saw, I conquered,” Madonna sings over and over again on “Veni Vidi Vici.” From any other artist, the phrase would likely produce an eye-roll. But when it’s being sung by Madonna, Queen Of Pop, for over thirty years running, there’s an actual weight to that statement. It’s not hyperbole at all…it’s just a fact. She really did.

Long live the Queen.

That Muumuse review was excellent!! Very detailed and had all the facts right.

"Despite being a new album, Rebel Heart almost feels like a greatest hits."

I feel like this. Rebel heart is all about Madonna. It feels like an old M album but with new twists and turns. It has everything that have made her the Queen.

Guest ziggy

Here's Vulture's two cents. Not a glowing review but very thorough and articulate, and the writer does make some valid points especially about M's fight against ageism:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/madonna-sounds-currentand-empty-on-rebel-heart.html

My favourite line:

"“Bitch I’m Madonna,” a glorious, stupid-in-the-best-way ode to ego that I can only describe as a giant sonic selfie."

:lmao:

Edited by ziggy

Yes, some reviewers are stupid, but that's always been the case. Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a very positively reviewed album. Aside from a couple of sites like Vulture that no one cares about, the misogynist at Washington Post, and the small cock ageist at NME, the reviews have been POSITIVE! And even the ageist NME fool has to suffer with his review counting as fair and not negative on metacritic :laugh:

USA Today, Time, People, Associated Press, Daily Mail, The Sun: all publications that are widely read and will help sales!

Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, the Telegraph, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News: all respected publications that will help sales!

Queen of great reviews! Let's celebrate!

Here's Vulture's two cents. Not a glowing review but very thorough and articulate, and the writer does make some valid points especially about M's fight against ageism:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/madonna-sounds-currentand-empty-on-rebel-heart.html

My favourite line:

"Bitch Im Madonna, a glorious, stupid-in-the-best-way ode to ego that I can only describe as a giant sonic selfie."

Loves it. :lmao:

Guest ziggy

Yes, some reviewers are stupid, but that's always been the case. Let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a very positively reviewed album. Aside from a couple of sites like Vulture that no one cares about, the misogynist at Washington Post, and the small cock ageist at NME, the reviews have been POSITIVE! And even the ageist NME fool has to suffer with his review counting as fair and not negative on metacritic :laugh:

The NME write-up was snarky, uneducated and ageist, but I don't see the problem with a negatively leaning review when it's well written and makes a valuable point of view, which in my opinion is the case with Vulture. Not everyone has to love Rebel Heart, as long as they're not blindly trashing the album for the sake of trashing it :sassy:

Overall, I think RH is getting exactly what it deserves – predominantly positive, balanced notions. It is also generating a newfound interest in Madonna as a pop culture phenomenon, and this is reflected even in the negative estimations of the album.

Edited by ziggy

My favourite line:

"“Bitch I’m Madonna,” a glorious, stupid-in-the-best-way ode to ego that I can only describe as a giant sonic selfie."

:lmao:That's one of those descriptions that affects the way you look at the song forevermore. I can totally see a video a la "Let Me Take a Selfie" for BIM (with its own twist, of course!).

:lmao:That's one of those descriptions that affects the way you look at the song forevermore. I can totally see a video a la "Let Me Take a Selfie" for BIM (with its own twist, of course!).

Only for those who get her irony. That makes this song brilliant. Would love a video a la "LTTAS" with M and Nicki singing in front of a bathroom's mirror. :lmao:

My favourite line:

It just annoys me that the criticisms of the reviews always come down to her age. They have this idea that she has to change who she is because she is older or she can't be interested in contemporary modern sounds because she is older. That's her whole point about ageism. Why does she have to change who she is or the kind of music she likes because she is older? If you don't like the music, that's fine, but don't make it about age!

Also they say SEX is unintentionally funny, but she intentionally made it a bit ridiculous in order to be funny as she explained in the LA. Times interview. So it's totally intentional!