"Rebel Heart" Reviews [continued] - thread 2

Guest Cassius

Unfortunately Sputnik's review DOES count.. That will drag RH's score deep down.

They do use Sputnik, but their staff haven't actually reviewed it yet, that was a user review. That's why MDNA, Hard Candy reviews didn't count for MC.

e.g. this review does count: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/59237/Miley-Cyrus-Bangerz/

I really don't want them to review RH. They seem to hate M ; (

Not only is that review one of the most unprofessionally written I've seen, the author sounds bitter AF. To top it all off, that site has a link to stream the leak.

He's an idiot.

Edited by Cassius

Critic reviews are interesting to read but I always like to see or hear for myself when my interest is there for a film or album. On top of that I certainly can not take seriously a site (metacritic) that doesn't accept certain reviews and gives no valid reason why. I find that really odd for a site that seems to be so universally accepted as a measure of quality. Most sites explain how they work so for that reason their score is meaningless to me because it could potentially be biased.

Guest HaveASit

Just read a glowing review in Time Out, but at the end they put 3 stars?!

Well, at least they dont count for Metacrtic

Guest HaveASit

Guys the Sputnik article is a USER review. Calm down

This. People need to, before posting whatever they find, try to understand the meaning of it. Its not hard to see that the 2/5, not 2/10, was a user review which wont be used by Metacrtic

So I sat down to write my review of Rebel Heart and ended up writing a 2000 word essay. Oops. Some of you might be interested (it's very positive!)

http://howupsetting.com/2015/03/03/rebel-heart/

Great read. I enjoyed that a lot!

There is a very bad review in the german newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel". I hater must have written it. As a reviewer you should at least have an open mind, if not what is the point?

they're obviously not reviewing the album. they are using it to spread out their hatred for M. fucking ageist jerks. Im so pissed because you can't do anything about it. these jerks have their power to put her down and will use it. and devil pray like a gaga song? they're not even making sense. so obvious a monster wrote it

That NME review is ageist and insulting, especially the last sentence. It's truly unbelievable that all of those publications expect her to turn into Barbra just because of her age. She is MADONNA for f*cks sake, she will always be different and more rebellious than other pop stars. It really seems that she/we can't win the fight

What a miserable review by NME, this was such a poor writing, I cannot believe they used to be a respectable music magazine once. And wtf at that reference to some track by Gorgon, as if anyone would know how that trash of a song goes...

Of course she can win the fight and has already won it. Her lifestyle and income do not depend on these reviews. Even if she does not sell records anymore, she'll always be Madonna doing things Madonna only do. Wether it's in a stadium or a theater, she will always have an audience and the press interested. She can do whatever she wants and likes because she's a billionaire and what people say won't affect her life. I won't even read the NME review because they are twats, those guys and girls don't realise that her life has been and is still more rock n roll than theirs. She lived what they ONLY read about.

There is a very bad review in the german newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel". I hater must have written it. As a reviewer you should at least have an open mind, if not what is the point?

Yes, I've just read it and it's disgusting. Worst of all, it's full of lies. They're saying the album is almost completely dance (WTF?) and that Joan Of Arc is the only rather slow song (Double WTF???). They're comparing her to Kylie's music in the 00's but adding that M's music lacks the warmth of Kylie's.

Then of course they waste half of the review by telling us how Madonna used to be good, how she used to be this, how she used to be that - you name it, the "M used to be good, but now she's lost it" shtick.

I'm so angry right now! It's incredible how M has recorded an album which is superior to anything she has released for years - I think every fan can agree on that - yet many critics treat it like MDNA Pt.2. Or, even worse, they don't even review the album but review the WOMAN. They review her and drag her down. They use the album as a demonstration of how she's lost it, that she's embarassing etc.

Disgusting! I honestly can't think of any other artist (besides maybe MJ back in the 00's) who has gotten so much SHIT. Fuck them all!

Of course she can win the fight and has already won it. Her lifestyle and income do not depend on these reviews. Even if she does not sell records anymore, she'll always be Madonna doing things Madonna only do. Wether it's in a stadium or a theater, she will always have an audience and the press interested. She can do whatever she wants and likes because she's a billionaire and what people say won't affect her life.

I know but I wish she would not get trashed for this great album in which she invested a lot of energy and time, thats all. It's not about money or fame but respect.

Critics are purposely misunderstanding this record, that's what gets to me. It's really like American Life all over again...

tumblr_mg6tokaZRI1rt0dwso1_500.gif

I'm not sure yet. I guess the demo-leakage got a lot to do with these reviews and the perception of the final product. They can all f-off. :manson:

this is what i hate: it's like they try to manipulate the reader not to buy the album saying it's full of EDM when it's NOT. it's so unfair! I hope the germans complained about that horrible piece, and not just a few people! (I doubt fans will though, we're all kinda lazy)

this is what i hate: it's like they try to manipulate the reader not to buy the album saying it's full of EDM when it's NOT. it's so unfair! I hope the germans complained about that horrible piece, and not just a few people! (I doubt fans will though, we're all kinda lazy)

I did my part and tweeted the fucker (My 14th tweet since 2010. That says a lot about how much his review annoyed me).

I m so happy she s not a chart face nowdays she really deserves this higher status in pop culture and it seems to me she s back to express herself in a genuine way .In today fickedup scenario She s emerging as a different kind of artist with knowledge , I ve allways felt she was going to become a pentagramma of pop culture innuendo.

She s so deep and smart and I m thankfull she s so productive and brave .I can t even imagine if she d do if she doesn t obviously have to protect her family from politics etc ..Sorry for my English guys .