We NEED to push Ghosttown HARDCORE.

i think she should have a great male actor in the video. make something movie like. not always those dancers. i know, she loves them and they're great. but we've seen them a thousand times everywhere already. this song is something else.

Yes, a hot actor of the moment would be a great idea and give the video some buzz just in someone else's name... plus it's been a while!

Yes, a hot actor of the moment would be a great idea and give the video some buzz just in someone else's name... plus it's been a while!

Yes the video should have Rihanna fucking Jamie Dornan in a gothic church, with Niki Minaj rapping under the bed

I really can't see anything special in Ghosttown. I mean, seriously.

But maybe, a ballad would do good this time.

Though i think second single should've been Hold Tight or Rebel heart.

i think she should have a great male actor in the video. make something movie like. not always those dancers. i know, she loves them and they're great. but we've seen them a thousand times everywhere already. this song is something else.

I agree!! I want a big,dramatic,EPIC video this time......with a well-known actor in it,and a big name director too.I also want a storyline.

Well it's not going to chart on the Hot 100 (unless it becomes a huge hit) just like LFL because everyone already has the songs and I doubt it will be released as a standalone single on iTunes :(

This makes no sense. It's like saying a 2nd/3rd single by any artist will never smash because people have already got the album. A smash hit can sell millions and how many has Ghosttown sold? Only the fans who have pre-ordered the album have the song. As long as the song catches public attention it will sell shitloads.

What he means is that "the hardcore push" that you want can only be possible if Ghosttown gets released as a stand-alone single. That did not happen with Living For Love. We can't do our part if Interscope doesn't do theirs.

Buying tracks that are part of a pre-order DO NOT count toward the Top 100. It would have to be held back from the pre-order, like they did for the UK, or released as a stand-alone and/or remix EP.

The remix EP for Living For Love was most likely only bought by hardcore fans because I doubt someone from the general public would pay $8 when they'd rather pay 99 cents.

That's why the sales didn't count for Living For Love. If someone wanted the song, they had to buy the album version, which didn't count.

In order for sales of Ghosttown to count, Interscope has to not fuck up!

I know fuck all about the charts and digital rules, but is there anything stopping Madonna from releasing Ghosttown as a single to itunes with a b side (one of the tracks that didn't make Rebel Heart for instance)? Is that allowed? You pay 1.49 and get an a and a b side? Seems like a way to slay with sales, and as I type this at 12:30 am, I am thinking it must not be allowed; otherwise, why wouldn't people do it all the time to achieve said slayage?

Do we know GT is the second single for sure? Signs point to yes with her performing it on the tele and all, but is there any official word?

Just curious. I've found nothing but I've been busy of late and may have missed some info.

Why she choose a songs that it's been out since since December?

Honestly, I think people are overestimating the amount of people that have heard the song since December. The download and stream for all the tracks besides LFL and BIM are quite low. To 99% of people, Ghosttown might as well be released this week for the first time. It should make absolutely no difference.

I know fuck all about the charts and digital rules, but is there anything stopping Madonna from releasing Ghosttown as a single to itunes with a b side (one of the tracks that didn't make Rebel Heart for instance)? Is that allowed? You pay 1.49 and get an a and a b side? Seems like a way to slay with sales

It is allowed, it is just Madonna's camp that are slow at these things... They should capitalize on that one week Ellen promo... Rebel Heart deserves to have a Top 10 Hot100 hit or even Top40

It is allowed, it is just Madonna's camp that are slow at these things... They should capitalize on that one week Ellen promo... Rebel Heart deserves to have a Top 10 Hot100 hit or even Top40

This is unclear. No one is doing this. ITunes briefly experimented with some 2 song packages in 2009 and that clearly never took off

Guest whatatramp

I think LFL is the perfect first single to shout her revolution of love, that continues with Ghosttown

agreed! not here for the 'living for love was a bad lead single' argument just because it's not doing too great chart wise

Yes the video should have Rihanna fucking Jamie Dornan in a gothic church, with Niki Minaj rapping under the bed

:dead:

Honestly, I think people are overestimating the amount of people that have heard the song since December. The download and stream for all the tracks besides LFL and BIM are quite low. To 99% of people, Ghosttown might as well be released this week for the first time. It should make absolutely no difference.

Most people haven't even heard Living For Love.

Ghosttown could defo become a hit, but I think it's all up to radio, media exposure of the song such as in ads or whatver, and promo by M herself. Or whatever way people hear new music.

Do we know GT is the second single for sure? Signs point to yes with her performing it on the tele and all, but is there any official word?

Just curious. I've found nothing but I've been busy of late and may have missed some info.

Ghosttown was introduced as the next single on Jonathan Ross. No, that's not an official confirmation, but that's how everything has gone down lately. :(

People love it and she's being incredibly clever to perform it and move from LFL, that has been already performed on big shows 2 times and has run its path. I hate it when they go on and on with a single for several months.

Well, I've been blowing the music director of a local station trying to convince him to play her but he keeps saying the playlist is based strictly on research results among their target audience. The opinion or taste of employees doesn't count. I don't know what else I could do.

Guest Rachelle of London

Jonathan Ross introduced her performance as "her new single Ghosttown"

Well, I've been blowing the music director of a local station trying to convince him to play her but he keeps saying the playlist is based strictly on research results among their target audience. The opinion or taste of employees doesn't count. I don't know what else I could do.

I wonder exactly what this 'research ' entails. Has anyone on this firum ever been randomly selected for radio 'research'. I think it's all bull. There is an agenda and that decides the singles charts pretty much

I wonder exactly what this 'research ' entails. Has anyone on this firum ever been randomly selected for radio 'research'. I think it's all bull. There is an agenda and that decides the singles charts pretty much

Responses to callout hooks. They play a few seconds of several songs and ask if you recognize/like it.

Responses to callout hooks. They play a few seconds of several songs and ask if you recognize/like it.

On the phone? I dont believe it. I've never heard anyone who has been a research subject. And if that was the case why is the charts full of shit and only young artists? If it does happen then only selected artists are played.

Well, you could start by swallowing next time.

Are we suppose to really sit here and believe in the day of hardly no landlines that radio stations are randomly calling people and asking if there are tweens in the house and can mom and dad put them on the phone to hear 5 seconds of a song? LMAO