Is MADONNA's airplay and chart relevance still important to you?

mtzlplk

It definitively isn't. Madonna's music is all that matter to me, i never really cared that much about her chart performances. She has nothing left to prove commercially, she's the best selling female artist of all time after all.

That's only my opinion but for me people who'd stop being fans just because she isn't slaying the charts aren't real fans. Real fans stand by the artist they love no matter what.

I think for today's kids, it's not that they aren't interested in Madonna because she's not good, it's more their form of rebellion.

They always hear how great Madonna was, how great Whitney and Michael, Elvis and the Beatles were, even Britney. Their generation doesn't have anyone like that. Interscope attempted to sell Gaga that way and it fizzled out. So since their generation can't have a true icon, they pretend their teenybopper artists are just as good, and try to tear down the legacies of those before. And I think plenty of today's Stars have great, enjoyable hits - but there is no true SUPERSTARS like the aforementioned ones. They're all too overly conscious of image and too studied about the way people did things before in order to leave that kind of mark.

I mean there is honestly no contemporary star in Madonna's league, and I think on some level the younger generations know that it's true and don't want it to be true so they ignore her accomplishments and her new stuff. But to be fair, I wasn't listening to any artists from the 60s in the 90s (except pink Floyd)

I'm just glad Madonna is giving us great new music, looks great for her age, puts out truly inspiring tours, and continues to grow and learn with a sense of humor. What more can we ask for as fans?

Oh, and I didn't purchase MDNA. I just didn't like it except for maybe two songs, and there are just so many other artists and M albums I would rather listen to.

Just think, if everyone automatically bought everything she did, she might've recorded with Solveig again or done MDNA part II or something.

Following that logic we should have ROL volume 2 or LAP 2, which never happened

It is important because I want her to lead the pack as before including the charts. I d love to hear non stop a single that is universally loved as it was the case with HU. I didn't feel that way with LFL although I love it. For me she has a strong chance to smash with GT IF it is pushed initially on the radios. I feel it would be a much bigger hit for her.

Even if she never has a hit single (hope she does non stop starting with GT), she is still bringing in the big money with the tours. However I want the whole package: hit singles, smashing album and best selling tour!