Ghosttown video #soon

Guest Rachelle of London

always thought about detroit...

This was my first instinct too. Since the song is somber about some place that is in ruins, I thought it could really have a lot of social subtext and leave on a positive note about all the wonderful things artists are doing in Detroit to revitalize the city. Plus, it would sort of ring true emotionally for Madonna since she hails from that area. I am not sure how to capture all that visually over a 4 minute video, but at least there would be some human resonance as opposed to just a cool backdrop location or something with cheesy special effects.

I am sure Akerlund and M will come up with something amazing. I really do love this song...way more than "Living for Love".

I think filming in an actual ghost town would be expected and too literal. Boring even.

Agree with this. I can't see her wandering around empty streets of a 'Ghost Town' singing along to the lyrics. Cringe-tastic.

Even if the visual theme for this song seems obvious, we should pay attention to her instagram to see the inspirations she shares. Who knows what she's gonna do? Maybe she'll be a mermaid in the video

has she ever had a big budget second video after ROL? maybe Sorry?

I don't know but LFL was not the typical big budget first video, the video was perfect but red curtains and a few dancers don't cost 1.5m like GMAYL. Maybe they saved some money for the second video... :popcorn2:

I don't know but LFL was not the typical big budget first video, the video was perfect but red curtains and a few dancers don't cost 1.5m like GMAYL. Maybe they saved some money for the second video... :popcorn2:

Yes! LFL wasn't expensive.

Ok so I've noticed that many of madonnas dancers are in Paris and have posted pics with captions saying #videoshoot could it be poss that M is leaving Milan and then new video shoot in Paris this week. If so it'll be so amazing. If this is all false let's just fangirl about the amazing video Ghosttown is gonna get.

Notre Dame! Montmatre! Sacre Couer!

There are so many beautiful places in Paris and it would look great shot in black and white.

Obvious but if it's beautiful, I won't care!

Notre Dame! Montmatre! Sacre Couer!

There are so many beautiful places in Paris and it would look great shot in black and white.

Obvious but if it's beautiful, I won't care!

well...that's the meaning of madonna after all

i always thought she should do a video in an abandoned cathedral!

So the video would look like sister Christina or whatever that peanut head italian nun's name Like a Virgin piece of shit did??? Girl no.

I think she'll surprise us. A lot of what's being mentioned here is very.... on the nose

I do hope for something outdoors, something more cinematic and expansive than most of her recent videos.

A video in an actual ghosttown is too literal.

I would love it if it was happening in space.... Something with a real budget and production value, like the movie Gravity but of course more fashionable....