Brit Awards discussion: continued

well Madonna wore a Givenchy dress for Grammys which was very identical to D&G collection, and D&G wrote on instagramm

some stupid comments

what did they say?

i heard D& G were praising her today?

So when looking at the BRITS official performance video, it has 188 dislikes. Do people dislike the performance or dislike the fact that she was yanked off stage? :huh:

Anyways, I think after watching the clip of her on Jonathan Ross I had my 'AHA' moment about capegate .... I wrote this on my Facebook with a link to the Guardian article.

With Madonna decidely steering the global zeitgeist once again, conversations about ageism & female sexism are perhaps more relevant than ever. Being yanked off stage by cape, she has inadvertently proven something remarkable, and her cultural significance and impact remains unmatched. Let's remember for a moment that while we champion gay/bi/lesbian equality, that ageism and gender discrimination remains very real in our society.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/28/madonnas-fall-doesnt-make-her-ancient

Great comment piece. Thanks.

this is great angle. on the tv version it seemed like there was a few moments where nothing was happening .. here you can see that as soon as she falls she gets straight back up and is determined to just keep on going. brilliant!!!!!!!

when she gets up she looks like she gonna be a mess but once she's on stage its like nothing happened. Throwing off the cape :clap:

she must have been disoriented for a little while.

cant get over how brave she is!

Interesting to watch from that angle. It looks like she does at least partially untie the cape before it gets pulled. She gets up almost straight away - amazing. Nice to see the pat on the back from the dancer as they walk off at the end.

Love this angle! It shows the movement and flow of the performance much better! A lot of that gets lost in the tv broadcast. But this is great! Love the hugs and love at the end!

I reluctantly watched again and, while it is still so painful to see, you can tell by this angle that there was never any hesitation or doubt in her mind that she must finish the performance. She was right back up and into it instantly. Amazing.

I still cannot believe the fall happened. It's like a fuzzy dream.

It's really not that bad actually. She did not hesitate to get back up again!

I still cannot believe the fall happened. It's like a fuzzy dream.

:chuckle: You're right though - it was so shocking and traumatic (to me) that it almost feels surreal.

ugh. My so called "friend" laughed at her fall and kept making jokes about it and when I told him it wasn't funny to me, he told me to lighten up and that it's pathetic that I take her so seriously and love her so much when she doesn't even know I exist

ugh. My so called "friend" laughed at her fall and kept making jokes about it and when I told him it wasn't funny to me, he told me to lighten up and that it's pathetic that I take her so seriously and love her so much when she doesn't even know I exist

I would press delete on that "friend"

Once a roommate did this to me when i was defending her when the David adoption erupted. Making his toothsbrush take regular trips in the toilet bowl eased the whole thing for me.