Brit Awards discussion: continued

Well, i guess the lesson is not afraid to fall because you will! But more importantly, is to get back UP and carry on... I'm very glad to see M's dancers show her support...at the end!

(I mean who would deliberately fell on purpose?)

Guest madonnalovaus

So I have had a total about-turn on all this. I can't stop watching that performance now. I was too sad to look at it before but I am now so effing proud of her for every second of this routine. It's beyond remarkable how she gets back and slays it. Her dancing has never been better than after she gets back up and goes for it. I am in awe. I also take my hat off to the whole troupe of dancers. It must have been nerve wracking to be on that stage after that drama. Especially the cape-yankers. Imagine the way they felt getting up close to Madonna on that stage after yanking her down the stairs. They must have been terrified but no one missed a beat. Praise be to the lady Madonna.

edit: I have the typing skills of a poorly trained monkey.

Edited by madonnalovaus

Fantastic! With all that adrenaline pumping through her body after the fall, this truly became one her greatest performances ever. She performed for her life and with a vengeance. Reminds me of when she performed Sooner or Later at the Oscars. She came for blood during that iconic performance. And from this angle, the dance break is even more powerful and emotional because I could see more of the details. I almost broke down into tears during the dance break.

Once a roommate did this to me when i was defending her when the David adoption erupted. Making his toothsbrush take regular trips in the toilet bowl eased the whole thing for me.

Thanks for the inspiration! My friend ain't getting a birthday present next week :)

Once a roommate did this to me when i was defending her when the David adoption erupted. Making his toothsbrush take regular trips in the toilet bowl eased the whole thing for me.

:lmao:

So I have had a total about-turn on all this. I can't stop watching that performance now. I was too sad to look at it before but I am now so effing proud of her for every second of this routine. It's beyond remarkable how she gets back and slays it. Her dancing has never been better than after she gets back up and goes for it. I am in awe. I also take my hat off to the whole troupe of dancers. It must have been nerve wracking to be on that stage after that drama. Especially the cape-yankers. Imagine the way they felt getting up close to Madonna on that stage after yanking her down the stairs. They must have been terrified but no one missed a beat. Praise be to the lady Madonna.

edit: I have the typing skills of a poorly trained monkey.

:thumbsup:

OMG, who filmed this??? Incredible, you can clearly see that she knew exactly what was going to happen. You can see how shaky she was once she stood up and started singing again.

Love this performance so much, the choreo is simply STUNNING. Love the ending, where the dancers hug her!

I love how she struts onto the podium as if nothing had happened straight after casting off the cape. The TV broadcast cut away at that point so we didn't get to see it at the time.

I love how she struts onto the podium as if nothing had happened straight after casting off the cape. The TV broadcast cut away at that point so we didn't get to see it at the time.

The TV broadcast was a DISSASTER. So many times they cut to that mega general view where Madonna is like a ant. Not to mention the Kuntdashian moment.

There's a couple of fan filmed brits videos you hear how loud the crowd are. Then silence. Then loud again.

Amazing

One I saw was filmed from another side ou barely notice the fall

:dead:

There's a couple of fan filmed brits videos you hear how loud the crowd are. Then silence. Then loud again.

Amazing

One I saw was filmed from another side ou barely notice the fall

Yep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwnaCWsraTQ

One thing I don't understand though...why do we not hear her live voice on any audience vid??? Did they mute her vocals for the audience? You can only hear the pre-recorded vocals playing, even when she falls.

That video is amazing. The performance has so much more energy and movement than appears in the TV broadcast. She looks more fluid and barely seems shaken by the fall.

Yep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwnaCWsraTQ

One thing I don't understand though...why do we not hear her live voice on any audience vid??? Did they mute her vocals for the audience? You can only hear the pre-recorded vocals playing, even when she falls.

yes,that's weird,you cannot hear her live voice,the prerecording voice sounds really load!!was this what people were hearing at the 02?thank god this is not what appeared on the broadcast,I mean, at least now people know that she sings live,but imaginw if this was the sound of the official clip!!!!

9zynx5.jpg

e2756.gif

Thank you, Bette! I knew I created an appreciation thread today for you for a reason. But, honey, learn how to spell her name. It's not Maddona! :rolleyes: