Where to after Live Nation?

mtzlplk

I believe the author of the Billboard article has made a mistake. The deal has always been for three albums and four tours, of which RH is the second and third respectively. In a nutshell, there is one more album and one more tour to go as part of her original deal.

Madonna was contracted to Warners until 2009 and the release of "Celebration". The touring component of her contract came into effect in 2008 when she embarked on the S&S tour, but the recording component didn't become active until she was no longer signed to Warner (it couldn't, since you can't be signed to two record companies at the same time). What this means is that Madonna has until 2019 to release her final album under her current LN deal. I suspect the deal was structured in a way that meant that the first tour would take place before she left Warners and then the three remaining tours and the three albums would take place over a 10-year period starting from the end of her contract with Warners (i.e. 2009 to 2019).

I believe the author of the Billboard article has made a mistake. The deal has always been for three albums and four tours, of which RH is the second and third respectively. In a nutshell, there is one more album and one more tour to go as part of her original deal.

I think you're right, i distinctly remember Fogel and Billboard stating that S&S 1 and 2 counted as 1 tour...

Last year,Prince returned to Warner Bros (after many years of feuding with them) so who knows? Maybe they will offer Madonna a massive deal that she can't refuse? I'm sure it was devastating for them to lose their biggest artist.

Madonna was contracted to Warners until 2009 and the release of "Celebration". The touring component of her contract came into effect in 2008 when she embarked on the S&S tour, but the recording component didn't become active until she was no longer signed to Warner (it couldn't, since you can't be signed to two record companies at the same time). What this means is that Madonna has until 2019 to release her final album under her current LN deal. I suspect the deal was structured in a way that meant that the first tour would take place before she left Warners and then the three remaining tours and the three albums would take place over a 10-year period starting from the end of her contract with Warners (i.e. 2009 to 2019).

Totally :thumbsup:

That article is crammed with mistakes and not just in terms of the specifics of the 2007 LN deal

Saying that she will tour Europe and the UK for starters :rotfl:

What does he think the UK and Europe are respectively?

Where does he think the UK is? In Asia? Africa? Oceania?

Hilarious

• 3 weeks later...