Sharon O. claims M doesn't have the pipes 4 showtunes.

acko

Someone needs to sew this woman's mouth shut.

Did she forget about the Evita soundtrack/movie?

..and what about the Jazz/Swing album that Madonna made at the peak of her career at 32?

To say that no other female artist has done pop music at Madonna's age is wrong. Cher was 67 when she released "Closer To The Truth". Tina Tuner was 60 when "Twenty Four Seven" came out. Where's the rule book which states artists over 50 should stop making dance/pop music and turn into Barbra Streisand?

Bringing Gaga into it to belittle M's talent is so transparent and stinks to high heaven. Has she forgotten about the song and dance she made about Gaga a couple of years ago? She thinks she knows it all but she's a clueless, ignorant arsehole.

I agree. She wasn't being insulting. I think she's saying Madonna has a tough row to hoe if she wants to continue in compete in the arena of pop. I think Madonna is capable of more, but the average person hasn't seen it....we've seen glimpses - like the videos someone posted above. Madonna doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, but if she chooses to, I think it would be more than welcome by many people. I personally would love to see do something else - even it's just some one off moments/songs/performances...(dare I say...like Gaga).

Who gives a f**k what the "average" person has to say. Most gays and teen girls worship generic & safe artists like bey, gags, & britney.

Gags has the kind of voice that is loved by american idol and x factor fans & she sings classics now because she was not able to make it in the extremely competitive world of pop music. M could have easily gotten any artist to collaborate on her first single off RH, but she made the choice to do it alone.

Gags has been out for only a couple of years & she already was forced to record an album of covers. She was not able to record C2C alone because without Bennett only LM would have most likely purchased it. There would been no grammy too.

Gags was also raised in a very privileged upper middle class background & her parents were able to afford sending her to music lessons & NYU. Her privileged background was extremely helpful in getting her connections & gaining quick success.

Read this as "Karen O..." (from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) and was sad because Karen O is so awesome and talented (meaning, I respect her opinion). I also thought, "How unbecoming of her."

Then I realized you're talking about Sharon O. No thread needed.

Bye.

I don't think Mrs. O was mean. She just said her opinion. She has a right to do so. Don't see a problem.

kelly-rowland-squint.gif

I agree. She wasn't being insulting. I think she's saying Madonna has a tough row to hoe if she wants to continue in compete in the arena of pop. I think Madonna is capable of more, but the average person hasn't seen it....we've seen glimpses - like the videos someone posted above. Madonna doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, but if she chooses to, I think it would be more than welcome by many people. I personally would love to see do something else - even it's just some one off moments/songs/performances...(dare I say...like Gaga).

lucille-is-judging-you-gif-arrested-deve

Somebody tweet that bitch sooner or later! :1251: Fucking hate the cunt!

I remember Kelly Osbourne was in golden triangle for MDNA. Guess Kelly's a fan, but mom is a judgmental twat of the worst kind.

She criticizes & demeans M accomplishments while she's stuck on a talk show that copied the view format. :laugh::laugh:

I am just confused by Sharon's comments. First she says Madonna's realm of music is the reason why she isn't as successful, but MDNA (a reported "flop" album) outsold Gaga's experiment with Tony Bennett. So she's not really correct in saying that Madonna's musical target is off.

By the way, Gaga can keep doing musical theater and old standards if she wants. But no one will be talking about her in 5 years if she does. Pop (and rock) music the front and center of the commercial music world. If Gaga goes down the Streisand route now (for good), she's done.

...and the point of her opinion? It's well within your rights Sharon to not listen to I'm Breathless or Evita soundtrack. I think Madonna gives life to the Original songs in I'm Breathless and she blew me away in the role of Evita so...

My answer to that is so what if she doesn't have the pipes do do show tunes? I personally hate show tunes and a lot of people do. Being in your fifties isn't what it used to be be. A lot of people in their forties and fifties grew up with punk, electronic, house, 80's new wave etc. and have zero interest in listening to show tunes.

If Sharon was welcomed into Madonna's circle of friends she would be singing a differnet story. Sharon is a piece of s*** but the truth is she'd love to be Madonna's friend but it hasn't happened. She's just like Elton in that regard. And the pair of them can't stomach it.

This

Do I detect a pattern here?

Piers, Sharon, Elton 2 decade hitless John, Cowell etc etc etc etc

The pattern of mediocrity

Sharon just wants Madonna to kiss her ass. Remember when she was feuding with Gagut, and suddenly they were friends bc G kissed her ass? Well that won't happen with Madonna. She doesn't need fake backstabbing cunts in her life.

Well everyone's pretty much said what I had to say about Sharon, so I'll leave it be. I'll just say though, there's nothing worse than arrogance and ignorance combined.

I'm more concerned with the woman at the end who basically said ageism is okay because we're all going to get old . . .

Shouldn't that be more incentive to treat elders better? What a stupid argument. SMH

someone needs to remind sharon of madonna's performance of sooner or later at the oscars in 1991. that performance was stellar! and it was completely live aswell. you know others would have just done playback.

the whole i'm breathless album shows just how much of a versatile singer madonna can be.

like sharon o's opinion counts for much anyway, people give her way too much credit when she is just married to ozzy.

Edited by Holly

Ah, for someone who has been in the music business for as long as she's been in it, the fact that her daughter was an employee of M's - you would think she would have a little more familiartiy with Madonna's truly extensive and exhaustive, varied catalogue - but, she's just another ignorant person speaking out of tune because she lacks the facts. Just her uninformed opinion.

I wished Sharon O had done a better job as a mother instead of spending time criticising someone who is raising 4 kids while being a global mega star.