Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: North America and Europe dates announced!

Apples388

I admit I haven't followed the cheapest ticket pricing for her arenas, but has Madonna ever NOT sold out an arena? Especially if she's going to be performing fewer dates or just one night per city, I can't imagine it happening. Madonna is also not U2, so I won't worry about people not being willing to pay for her.

I might be blindly oblivious, but I can't say I've ever really seen a teen at a Madonna concert either. The top two pricing tiers are generally 21+ for financial reasons, and that covers most of the venue.

I went to MDNA when I was 14

Which is why a lot of the time at Madonna's concerts, the audience is the absolute pits, and why she probably does need to keep having, er... pits.... and special fan areas that actually give her some real fan interaction.

Yes, but I think that would happen anyway. People with more money are just going to get the better tickets regardless of what the pricing is. I'll worry first if all of the real fans can manage to get decent seats in an arena tour before I start worrying if the GP will be able to attend... or the little monsters. :laugh:

I admit I haven't followed the cheapest ticket pricing for her arenas, but has Madonna ever NOT sold out an arena? Especially if she's going to be performing fewer dates or just one night per city, I can't imagine it happening. Madonna is also not U2, so I won't worry about people not being willing to pay for her.

I might be blindly oblivious, but I can't say I've ever really seen a teen at a Madonna concert either. The top two pricing tiers are generally 21+ for financial reasons, and that covers most of the venue.

lol, I was 17 when I saw her at the MDNA tour and there were loads more teens around. And the show I went to was probably the biggest flop of the entire tour, 20-30k tickets sold out of about 70k available.

The high prices sure as hell didn't help back then, and I unfortunately don't think it'll be the case this time around either.

I'm just hoping the prices aren't too high tho, as I'm dying to attend multiple shows this time around.

Edited by thelament

where did you see the show?

Gothenburg, Sweden. The audience was a mess, the press dragged her for filth, but lemme just be thankful the helicopter pics of the stadium didn't go widespread cause it looked tragic.

Madonna was surprisingly happy tho, put on an amazing show and I had one of the best nights of my life. That's why I'm really hoping I'll afford seeing her plenty times this tour. Not here for another one-off in this shitty country! Lol

Edited by thelament

lol, I was 17 when I saw her at the MDNA tour and there were loads more teens around. And the show I went to was probably the biggest flop of the entire tour, 20-30k

Yeh, watching footage from the Gothenburg show is painful! 36k people in a 75k capacity stadium :(

As usual Madonna.com are behind the curve and haven't announced whether there will be a pre sale before everyone else for Icon Legacy members. People on Icon are having a meltdown.

as Kim would say: AS PER

Gothenburg, Sweden. The audience was a mess, the press dragged her for filth, but lemme just be thankful the helicopter pics of the stadium didn't go widespread cause it looked tragic.

Madonna was surprisingly happy tho, put on an amazing show and I had one of the best nights of my life. That's why I'm really hoping I'll afford seeing her plenty times this tour. Not here for another one-off in this shitty country! Lol

I'm hoping to see her multiple times this tour aswell, i wish i could have gone to MDNA more

Guest Rachelle of London

At MDNA London I was one of the eldest in my group and i was only 20. There were two girls that were younger than Rocco, 11 & 12

as Kim would say: AS PER

Right? Icon don't seem to be doing the non legacy member thing either...making you pay for the privelege of a passcode. This amazon/itunes thing has probably netted them some $$$, so they don't care :bad:

Yeh, watching footage from the Gothenburg show is painful! 36k people in a 75k capacity stadium :(

don't see how anyone could give the MDNA tour shit though, the look of it alone is so amazing. bizarre.

don't see how anyone could give the MDNA tour shit though, the look of it alone is so amazing. bizarre.

Being Sweden though, it was probably daylight for almost the entire show. Totally NOT the way the show was designed to be seen.

So excited! Will probably do one German show and then defo Bercy!!! Seeing her in Italy last time already was a great experience, but seems like Bercy is THE venue to have the best M concert.

Stadiums are a mess all around though, IMO. It's cool to see on film and on TV, but it sucks actually being there vs. an arena. I'd rather pay more and actually get to see and hear the show in an arena. So stadium pricing and not selling out is completely different than arenas to me. Arenas will sell out, and you'll be able to actually see and hear her even if you are in a nosebleed seat.

Guest Hunterlas

Ive done mostly shows in the US in arenas, but my memories of the Confessions tour in Rome, Sicky & Sweet in Barcelona and MDNA in Istabul are fucking legendary.

I love stadiums and arenas, they are completely different experiences.

Look, stadiums vs arenas when it comes to Madonna are two different beasts really depending on the show she had put on. For instance, Who's That Girl Tour and Sticky & Sweet are conceptually very much stadium shows. Whereas Drowned World Tour and, yes, MDNA Tour are conceptually better suited to arenas. Then you have the likes of Blond Ambition and Girlie Show, which could easily be suited to both settings (not a mean feat and not one that many can master.)

And that was, in essence, the 'problem' with MDNA Tour. Artistically, she had gone in with a beautiful theatrical show but of course in order to make $$$$, the majority of shows were in stadiums, er, parks and, erm, other outdoor "spaces". :bad:

It seems obvious that she and her team do not want to repeat that mistake so the arena tour is very welcome from that perspective as it also means that conceptually we'll probably getting another theatrical experience of a show rather than a stadium-friendly one.

However, the flipside is that tickets will be a nightmare - as this thread has already proven. Oh well, such is life.

Ive done mostly shows in the US in arenas, but my memories of the Confessions tour in Rome, Sicky & Sweet in Barcelona and MDNA in Istabul are fucking legendary.

I love stadiums and arenas, they are completely different experiences.

that was an amazing experience for me too. It was perfect and ironically, after the show a litttle earthquake shook Istanbul. All the press said, Madonna earthquake in Istanbul :smile:

Since I saw that it has been brought up by other member, I too will admit that as a newer member on this forum I don't feel very welcome a lot of times. I was excited to find this site and interact with other fellow Madge fans but a lot of times it feels that when I try and join a conversation I get shunned. I understand as advance members some people here know each other a lot better, but in the end we all have our appreciation for Madonna in common so even newer members should feel a bit more welcome and not have to feel like they are being ignored.