Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

I know we are hurt by this moron s comment. But plz don't not respond to him. Let him disappear into obscurity. That is the best punishment by God for him. If we respond, we fall for his scheme. He wants us to talk about him and make a big fuzz about him on the Internet like the radio 1 incident. Don't give him that publicity.

The only time he can get in the news is by mentioning m. How pathetic is that.

His job is basically writing an online celebrity column on the site of the Daily Fail.

Just imagine going from CNN to that :rotfl:

OMG guys the National Rail in the UK tweeted this after the performance:

National Rail
@nationalrailenq

To the dancer who pulled #Madonna from the stage...check your train times here...http://t.co/ZFz2pfGCDy #BRITAwards2015 #lasttrain

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Tracey Thorn (Everything but the Girl) about the Brits and MADONNA.

I’ve come to the Brit Awards, dear reader, in order to bring you news from the World of Pop, intending to observe in a neutral and detached manner. Unlike Morrissey – complaining that week that “the Brit Awards have hi-jacked modern music in order to kill off the heritage that produced so many interesting people” – or Kasabian, who snarled that wins for Ed Sheeran would be a victory for squares, quaintly couching their objections in the language of a 1960’s Cliff Richard film, I come not to bury the Brits but to watch them in a mood of nostalgic curiosity. I’m revisiting a scene where in the past I have been both bored witless and riotously entertained, to see what’s happened in my entirely insignificant absence.

I was last here in 1996, the Year of Jarvis Cocker, when my band’s song “Missing” was up for Best Single; and the year before that, in 1995, at the height of the Blur/Oasis Wars, I was seated with Massive Attack, “Protection” being nominated for Best Album. Madonna performed that night. She’d recently recorded with them and it was the first time I heard anyone refer to her as “Madge”. (I assumed that Nellee and 3D and Mushroom and Daddy G, no slouches when it came to nicknames, had invented it themselves.) After the awards we went to her private party at Brown’s in Soho, within which inner sanctum was a sanctum even more inner, where a velvet rope fenced off the area containing actual Madonna, and a handful of Chosen Ones.

And now here I am again, after a twenty year gap, at an event that’s bigger, glitzier and more of a TV show than an actual awards ceremony, but what else has changed? Not the winners, who are as predictable as ever, chosen by a voting process about which everyone is suitably vague. Oh, it’s more or less whoever in any category has sold the most, or is the best, – look, let’s not dwell on it. Like old Tory leaders, the winners emerge. There are no surprises.

What is different is the atmosphere in the room, which partly reflects the atmosphere in pop music, and is created I think by the fact that there are no bands. Where it used to feel like a school canteen full of rival gangs, with warring factions shooting insults and dirty looks at each other, poised on the brink of a food fight, now it is a civilised dining room, all the nominees, like their fans, being much-Selfied and much-Liked individuals. Solo artists, islands. They sit not with their mates and partners-in-crime, but with their managers and pluggers, and all of them on good terms with the similar individuals at the next table.

There’s less camaraderie, and less rivalry, and the absence of both is what dulls the air.

Band camaraderie is infectious, and enlivens an audience – you want to be part of that gang, whether it’s the Rolling Stones or the Spice Girls, the Libertines or One Direction – and bitchy rivalry is entertaining. Blur vs Oasis was silly but funny. Now, admiration and respect are the order of the day. Sam loves James, Ed loves Sam, and everybody is Taylor’s best friend.

In short, nothing happens. Almost nothing. With my Mum-face on I think that Paloma Faith holding a microphone in the pouring rain is a health and safety nightmare, but it turns out that the accident waiting to happen is an unforeseen one, involving stairs, a cape and a dancing bull. Madonna falls over, giving the evening its longed-for news angle. Seated only yards from the stage I hear the crash as she goes down, most shocking of all being the heavy ker-THUMP of her mic hitting the floor. Golly, I think, that mic’s actually on. Not a given nowadays – and quite a thrill.

What is most remarkable though, and confirms everything I’ve ever thought about the indestructible will-to-power of Stars, is her recovery. Have you ever fallen flat on your back? I have once, on the slippery decking outside my back door, and on landing whiplashed and winded did what you would do, and burst into tears of self-pity. Which is why I’m not a global superstar with a decades-spanning career, and neither are you.

from what site was this?

From Guardian

Madonna is superhuman. She has to be to survive the ugly abuse

Madonna [/size]was at the Brits, performing her totally boss I Will Survive-style single Living for Love, when it happened. “Took me to heaven, let me fall down … lifted me up and watched me stumble.”[/size] So she prophesied it, and so it came to pass. [/size]It wasn’t a trip or a tumble. It wasn’t funny; it was terrifying and so brutal that the audience fell silent. It was the kind of accident that breaks necks, damages brains and haunts Cirque du Soleil performers’ nightmares. The Armani cape Madonna was wearing as she approached the podium was tied too tight and didn’t fall undone when her dancers pulled it. She was yanked back by the neck and flew through the air over three steps, landed hard at the base of the podium and for a split second didn’t move.[/size]

Watching at home, my heart stopped. Is that all it takes to kill a queen? Milanese outerwear?[/size]

The hateful hashtags #shefellover, #Fallenmadonna, immediately began toxifying Twitter: “I get it, Madonna. My grandma is exactly the same.” “I hope grandma’s ok. A broken hip at her age could be a death sentence.”

But as Madonna also sang last night, “I picked up my crown, put it back on my head. I can forgive, but I will never forget.” After a fall like that, anyone else would roll around screaming in agony then look for someone to blame.

She drew on a higher power: herself. Showing her famous mental and physical strength, she got to her feet, picked up the choreography and tune, un-lip-synced and note perfect – as the isolated vocals from her performance at the Grammys show – and finished triumphantly.

That is the Madonna I’ve loved for ever, starting with the flamenco moves of La Isla Bonita. They say you’re not supposed to believe the hype. But with some people, the mythos is real. She has mystique, the rare bulletproof real-deal charisma. She has never been defined by men and has always advocated for other women, pointing out in her upcoming Rolling Stone cover interview that “people like to pit women against each other”.

But it’s not just about individualistic survival ability, sisterliness or externals like Vogue style or Desperately Seeking Susan attitude. Madonna is not worthy of respect simply for surviving, having sass or cannily working out how to play every capitalist angle. She has a brilliant and indeed record-breaking talent in her discipline, which is music. She’s been making great albums including Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor throughout her career, and the latest,Rebel Heart, is up there with them; she is “in the game again”, as The Telegraph says.

But how many times does Madonna have to prove that she’s a worthy player? How many times does she have to break records by selling more, touring more lucratively, flexing harder than everyone else on the planet? Her many colleagues have paid tribute to her exceptional skills as a producer, songwriter, lyricist; but whenever Madonna successfully works with a male producer it is he who is given the credit.

Where her abilities are not ignored, imputed to men or praised in passing as though they have now faded, they are actively mocked. I loved her film WE, comparing it favourably with the risible King’s Speech, where the women were two doting wives with barely a line between them and Wallis Simpson was a depraved shrew. I saw WE with a historian friend who was astounded by its accuracy and detail; I loved the women characters, the aesthetic, the mournful realism behind the romance. It’s a feminist film, psychologically acute.

But she was brutally mocked in the reviews. And that laughter is growing louder and crueller and uglier, as the Twitter response to her fall illustrated. Madonna’s longevity was first admired and is now actively sabotaged by editorials which never fail to mention her age, as though it is something to be ashamed of. I am shocked by the uninflected scorn, the derision and foul-mouthed trashing she is dealt, and how much of it is grossly visceral: hatred of her flesh, physicality, sexual confidence, athleticism, ambition, her preference for Latin spunkbots, her alternating bossiness and vulnerability and romanticism and eroticism and playfulness, her performance ability and hunger. All the things which were once admired about her are now used to bash her and make her appear laughable or monstrous or desperate.

Madonna is no stranger to misogyny. She is a rape survivor and a domestic assault survivor. How much worse is this going to get?

Madonna is only 56. She is in the prime of her life, she has power, talent, experience and wisdom, in addition to her natural intelligence and rigour. She is about to release her 13th album – one of her best yet. The things she is ordered to do – age gracefully, put it away, retire, crawl away and die – have behind them a desire to shame, permanently destroy and negate this woman who dares to be vocal and visible, physical and political.

In order to withstand this, one would have to be superhuman. Luckily, Madonna is.

But why should anyone have to swallow the world’s unstinting hatred when she wants to be remembered for her brilliant artistry?

Wow! *bump*

Did anyone notice that Madonna hired these famous vogue dancers for the performance?

CAN YOU IMAGINE MADONNA PERFORMING VOGUE LIKE THIS ON THE NEW TOUR :dramatic:

These 2 are great!! Fuckin' love it. I can even forgive them for pulling M's cape (but don't let it happen again lol). I hope we get them on the tour.

album-Madonna-Erotica.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking! Even in the midst of a serious blunder it's still a goddamn album cover :laugh: (which makes the LFL single cover even more inexcusable)

I just posted this on FB, if you care to read :)

Professional dancers are trained to fall and get up. Personally I dont know any colleague or student who hasnt had some type of accident while performing or rehearsing. It is a lifestyle that we have to embrace if we want to continue growing as artists.

To read people making jokes about someones very dangerous fall, technically an accidental pull by another dancer through a costume, can only mean how detached that mind might be from what actually goes on while executing a performance.

Fittingly, that attitude comes mostly from people whose everyday life probably doesnt involve taking care of their bodies as a vital extension of their vision. In this case, artistic vision.

I just posted this on FB, if you care to read :)

Professional dancers are trained to fall and get up. Personally I dont know any colleague or student who hasnt had some type of accident while performing or rehearsing. It is a lifestyle that we have to embrace if we want to continue growing as artists.

To read people making jokes about someones very dangerous fall, technically an accidental pull by another dancer through a costume, can only mean how detached that mind might be from what actually goes on while executing a performance.

Fittingly, that attitude comes mostly from people whose everyday life probably doesnt involve taking care of their bodies as a vital extension of their vision. In this case, artistic vision.

Well said x

It was like someone showing you their most expensive piece of porcelain and then dropping it. Moment of disbelief.

This.

I still can't watch it. Every time I see it come up, I have to put my hands in front of my eyes. Once was enough...

(That pit is still in my stomach too...)

Please someone give me the link to watch the performance in HD!!!On youtube there are only LQ videos...please, please, please...

I always loved everything but the girl... Tracey s article just confirms what i thought she would be like: smart, well spoken and with good taste!

Her article is to the point and the ending should be reminded to every one in the industry who may have forgotten what madge really is!