Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

today i've read a few time, that its was planned by madonna. a great PR-Gag...

i can't believe it....

i was shocked and till now i can't see the performance a second time...

Edited by Mr.Candy

https://twitter.com/keithbrichards/status/570948329602981889/photo/1

Congrats @Madonna U now have the No1 video on iTunes in the UK 2764.png@guyoseary @HOLY_WATER_ @MadonnaARMY1 @m_scrapbook

Retweet

Favorite

More

B-xqeuRXIAAfzZ9.jpg

Cool. Well deserved :applause:

Does anyone know more about this pic? Apparently it's her backstage meeting with a fan???

10987640_10152834687032979_3787889226696

Smile, dude! Madonna's hugging you!!! :lol: Although, if this was me, my eyes would be closed because I'd be unconscious. :lol:

Smile, dude! Madonna's hugging you!!! :lol: Although, if this was me, my eyes would be closed because I'd be unconscious. :lol:

I think he was petrified by demonna power.

My mom called me because she saw it in the news but did not see the Brits, she was so concerned and worried it was sweet "I remember when i went with you to the Gaultier show [blond ambition] when you were a child, she's special to me too you know ?" . Oh <3

Awww :inlove: My parents did not like Madonna when I was a kid because she was sure she was a bad influence. Now that I'm an adult, they have nothing but praise for her because they see what she meant to me. They watched me go through bouts of depression and the only thing that made me feel better was Madonna. There were times in my life when she was my only friend. They see that now, and they love her because of it. My mom says she likes the new album. I don't know if she really does, or if she just thinks that's what I wanna hear, but that's a mom for you. :inlove:

You guys are making me tear up :inlove:

So question: Did Madonna make any other appearances during the show aside from the performance?

No, not even red carpet nothing, it was all a big secret. everyone thought she'd do a medley and get the lifetime achievement award.

Awww I just rewatched it and right when she sings "...lifted me up and watch me stumble" she suddenly starts to smile :inlove: She must have realized how ironically fitting it all was! Love her.

10898331_10153387760594863_5699039400864
Page Liked · 4 hrs ·

I thoroughly enjoyed last night at the Brits, not ever having been to one before.

At the finale, I was right by the stage watching Madonna, riveted and feeling exalted to see her, (imho, she’s just made one heck of an album! : - ) but didn’t catch the tumble because at that very moment my attention was drawn briefly to a lady by me with her back to the show watching on her cellphone (???)
Then right after the song I had an tumble of my own. Was sitting next to Guy Oseary, got up for a better view, and somehow tripped over something and landed right in the lap of someone else, Ouch. For both parties I assume. I looked up to see who I’d crashed into and it was Kanye! He just grinned sportingly and said I’d better not have any more to drink.

The reality is that I’ve not had a drop in 18 months, but to my chagrin remain embarrassingly clumsy. And it was dark there amongst those tightly packed tables. I’m already clear in my mind that West is a brilliant man who just runs with his feelings - not that it grabs headlines or anything it, but I’ve run my big mouth off enough times to know how that happens, and hey we’re all just human and excited to be blessed with the buzz of being in this game. But the upshot is that I now have even more respect for the man. (some people would have just glared at me!)

That has to be the best job in the world - flame thrower operative in Kanye’s gang!

Now, as for M, [this is after that fall], I was thinking to myself how extraordinarily tight her moves are. The scarves ‘flick’ thing for instance. Just watch that bit. With the two oriental dancers.
The backwards moment is today’s big talking point, but as any performing musician knows, these things happen if you take risks in the inherently dangerous environment of any stage, in the heat of the moment. No matter how rehearsed. When she and I last worked together we’d run through the songs together on our acoustic guitars and I found timing to be way better than mine, and mine ain’t bad (she says it’s because she started her musical life as a drummer)
So, even though she’s all muscle, a fall like that’s gotta hurt. But to bounce back up, barely skipping a beat is really something. Don’t forget that when she had that rocking horse on the cowboy hat tour and got a hernia (as you might on one of those things) she carried on with the tour, with not a murmur of complaint. She should be in the army! And don’t call me a ‘Stan’. I just appreciate talent and call it as I see it.

Minus the fall, this performance was so much better than the Grammys! She looked absolutely stunning and her dancing and singing were amazing! I have loved all the photos from this performance!!

I can't watch it again, but I will, sooner or later.

No, not even red carpet nothing, it was all a big secret. everyone thought she'd do a medley and get the lifetime achievement award.

she probably said no to such award..

In Spanish, a wonderful article

"After those tense seconds, where she stops singing and public asks itself if she may have broken her back and we may lose her forever, she stands up, go on stage and keeps on singing live while dacing. Ageists: Madonna spits on your face"

http://www.revistavanityfair.es/personajes/articulos/madonna-caida-actuacion-brits-mensaje-living-for-love/20419

And that article was amazing. I especially loved this part:

Madonna is only 56. She is in the prime of her life, she has power, talent, experience and wisdom, in addition to her natural intelligence and rigour. She is about to release her 13th album one of her best yet. The things she is ordered to do age gracefully, put it away, retire, crawl away and die have behind them a desire to shame, permanently destroy and negate this woman who dares to be vocal and visible, physical and political.

In order to withstand this, one would have to be superhuman. Luckily, Madonna is.

But why should anyone have to swallow the worlds unstinting hatred when she wants to be remembered for her brilliant artistry?