Brit Awards continued: The Queen is TRIUMPHANT giving the performance of her life!

ryan

I just noticed, if you watch right after her fall the camera zooms out really far . . . I feel like those in charge of the show were panicking and were just about to fade out and cut to commercial or something when (thank god!) she started singing again. Can you imagine if she fell and they just played her out and she never got to finish her performance? That would've been DISASTROUS. Frankly we are so lucky it turned out the way it did. Yes, she fell. But she got up and gave a great performance, because afterall she's Madonna. I feel like if it were anyone else they wouldn't be able to recover that quickly (or at all).

Yes, they cut away in case she was badly injuried. Once they saw her dancing around, they zoomed back in. The Queen was fine. :)

She is such a PRO . It's killing me . The last minute towards the End is LIFE. The addition of the two female dancers ( I love seeing Asian dancers with Madonna ) is genius .

UP UP UP UP !

I just woke up (I haven't watched the Brits) and I feel confused and scared... WTF did just happen?

HkU41zP.jpg

Oh you must watch it ! You'll cry tears of JOY ! It was a Stunning performance !

I just woke up (I haven't watched the Brits) and I feel confused and scared... WTF did just happen?

HkU41zP.jpg

She was yanked off of a 10 foot platform by her dancers, landed on her back and like a BOSS got right back up and finished another phenomenal performance of "Living For Love".

Yes, the main problem during the grammys was that she seemd alone in the stage and it felt kind of awkward, now they filled better the stage and she danced more and better with new steps and that flawless voguing.

HkU41zP.jpg

Where the f were you?

I feel like it's different to have accidents like these happen when you're on tour, surrounded by fans. When you are at an awards show and the whole world is watching thats a whole new level of humiliation.

Brendan Jordan @jordvnhaus · 3h 3 hours ago

Every performer slips up and falls at least once on stage. Madonna got back up and kept going. The show must go on!

lol now i like him!

billy eichner @billyeichner 2h2 hours ago

I heard Madonna got in a 45 minute Pilates workout WHILE she was falling.

0 replies 118 retweets 500 favorites
Bradley Stern @MuuMuse 4h4 hours ago

My dear talented friend @samlansky interviewed my other dear talented friend @Madonna for @TIME, so watch for that tomorrow! #LivingForTIME

uh no idea what that last one meant, lol mostly positive STILL on twitter.

why tf is the man in the left corner looking at his phone when the most iconic and significant female artist of all time is in his presence!!!!!

He's registering that iconic moment with his phone.

I don't think they could have used Velcro or straps because once she undid it wouldn't it have slipped and fell to the floor?

I think it was supposed to be loosely untied so that it would slip undone as the dancer pulled it.

I think MADONNA thought it was undone enough. If she didn't think it was I think she would have turned around or fixed the malfunction while singing.

I doubt she thought in the last second "oh it's not undone I better just stand here as they pull me flying backwards"

This has made lots of news here in Australia and every report I have seen about it has been praising Madonna greatly. Admiring how she got up and kept going and remarks that she showed the resilience that has kept her on top of the music world for 4 decades. I know I should not mention pathetic Piers but have to say that there has been a lot of comments on how vile his tweets were and how people are disgusted in him. Even people that are not fans of Madonna think his tweets were revolting for a public figure. I think he will suffer greatly from this and it will destroy what tiny career he has left. Madonna meanwhile, still the superstar that we already know she always has been and will be.

So glad I didn't see this live or I would have freaked! After hearing about it and hearing she was ok and then seeing the performance, I was left with the following impressions:

1. She is human, like us, and can have bad luck and have a fall. And yet she is superhuman, and like no one else, because nobody else could have gotten up and finished up as amazingly as she did.

2. It's very clear from this whole mishap that she is a trained dancer. Even all these years after her training, she knows how to fall the 'right' way.

3. I really need to start doing yoga and pilates

Loved the tweaks and updates put into the performance, esp the new outfit, the vogue moves, the matador cape dance at the end!! She's obviously working out how it's going to be done on tour

I don't think they could have used Velcro or straps because once she undid it wouldn't it have slipped and fell to the floor?

I think it was supposed to be loosely untied so that it would slip undone as the dancer pulled it.

I think MADONNA thought it was undone enough. If she didn't think it was I think she would have turned around or fixed the malfunction while singing.

I doubt she thought in the last second "oh it's not undone I better just stand here as they pull me flying backwards"

A simple bow, like tying a shoelace, would have been sufficient. It looks like it was knotted. Madonna tugged on and thought it was undone. Who the fuck tied a knot? Was it M herself? B. Akerlund? Dying to know.

A simple bow, like tying a shoelace, would have been sufficient. It looks like it was knotted. Madonna tugged on and thought it was undone. Who the fuck tied a knot? Was it M herself? B. Akerlund? Dying to know.

Whoever did a not needs to be caned