Post your reaction to Madonna's wardrobe malfunction.

Crux

I felt really uneasy when she was fiddling with the cape for what felt like too long. I was worried it would get caught in some way but never imagined it would have been tied so tightly that she'd be yanked off stage like that.

I LOVED how she got up, composed herself, and carried on. Legend!

I'm also very pleased hardly anyone has picked up on the (very quiet) backing track which continued to play when she fell.

I couldn't get the stream to work so I kept refreshing the official viewing thread to get gifs and read the first reactions until a video would be posted. When I read someone say "noooooooooo" and "She fell OMG," I knew it wasnt just a slip. It was odd and I couldnt watch it anywhere and just kept hitting refresh to get as much info as possible. I freaked out just by everyone else freaking out and not seeing a thing.

I was extremely nervous when I first saw the video because I knew what happened and when it was coming. Mind you, I already cried a little bit just with this knowledge. When I got to the lyric when the yank happened I turned it off, lit a cig and cried. Im still abit emotional thinking about it. But I watched the fall and to me at first viewing it looked like she was yanked down from a 20 foot platform and dragged for miles, in slow motion. I stopped the video again and had to walk away and just breathe. And cry. Like blubbering mess cry...embarassing I know. But Madonna to me is the one constant thing, the anchor, that Ive had to look up to, to believe in, to rely on, my entire life and Im 38. Its just shocking to see, thats all. I just love her.

Aww, I think this is really sweet. ;-)

I was totally shocked!! I've been following M for so many years, seing her live many times, I allways trust her, her capacity to being strong and confident, but here for the first time, I saw her humanity, and I asked myself, why bother? why after all that she have done, she's taking so many risks, then she stood up, and I understand, she's a fucking rock, and I love her even more.

she´s allmighthy!!!

it really humanized her in the public eye

I think she makes everything look very easy to do, the dancing, the singing... everything seems easy.And it´s not.You need to be more than a talented hard wotker to do it.

And the fall proved that nothing is easy, but, for me, now she´s more perfect than ever!!!!! more legendary, more everything...

Her back hit the floor right after the moment she falling off the stairs.

Although she got up and completed the performance, but I'm very very VERY worried about M right now.

I pray her spine is not affected.

I read today that Madonna was checked over by medics in her dressing room after the show & had no serious injuries. Hoping that's true.

Edited by Rebel1965

I'm still going through an emotional shock. I screamed, cried and verbally assaulted everyone at the bar I was in! Lol

The drag queen performed living for love and threw herself off the stage. I'm still in shock.

If I were her dancers I would've gotten up and covered her and then removed the cape as if it were planned (even though it wouldn't have looked planned... Lol)

But she was like a 747 captain with a major engine failure, and managed to make a perfect landing. She will not lose, she s the ultimate warrior. Respect!!!

come to think of it, she didn't have an awkward face during the fall and not even any expletives uttered... i mean if that happens to me, you'd see my eyes and mouth wide open, with "puta" quickly uttered...

I fell on my ass on a slippery floor at a club and I couldn't even get up. It was so painful that I needed help to walk. Had a huge bruise for several days. The fact that she danced her butt off like nothing happened is a superhuman phenomenon!

I think I jinxed it.

My friend text and said about its soon and I said "hope she doesn't fuck up "

Next thing the fall: seemed like ages but on all the replays this morning it wasn't that long

These things happen .

The moment she stood on the top stair and how she looks irked with being unable to unhook that cape, i felt her tension and was wondering how will she take it off; and the minute she was pulled back i just bulged my eyes out and was shrieking inside THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! IS THIS REALITY? WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NOW???

But she got up, unhooked that damn cape and rushed to the center of that round stage. i couldn't come back to my senses, but most of all i was suprised how her moves were on point and how she executed flalessly the prformance. There were moments when her voice was visibly emotional and trembling, but man oh man she just shook that fall off and conquered the BRITS!

The moment she stood on the top stair and how she looks irked with being unable to unhook that cape, i felt her tension and was wondering how will she take it off; and the minute she was pulled back i just bulged my eyes out and was shrieking inside THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! IS THIS REALITY? WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NOW???

But she got up, unhooked that damn cape and rushed to the center of that round stage. i couldn't come back to my senses, but most of all i was suprised how her moves were on point and how she executed flalessly the prformance. There were moments when her voice was visibly emotional and trembling, but man oh man she just shook that fall off and conquered the BRITS!

before all the madonna concerts that I have attended, I´m always really nervous, not only because i wasnt the show to start, but because of her, I can imagine her being terrifried (?).Then, of course, everything wokrs out greast. And, in this case, this was like a nightmare come true. If I´m lucky enough to have ticktes for her next tour, I´m sure i will have these type of nightmares...

So happy for anyone who didn't catch this live. It was traumatic. In the moment you have no clue what the fuck just happened, if she's okay, and what's going to happen next.

I felt an emptiness inside during those few seconds (which felt like a minute) that I can't easily explain. I thought she was hurt; then I thought she'd be pissed and storm out; then I'd thought they'd cut to commercials or that the performance was over. I mean, just the silence that fell all around her was otherworldly. The audience was mute, the dancers were frozen, she even seemed to stay still for a nanosecond, probably assessing her pain... It was fucking terrifying. Thank god the music kept going so you knew it wasn't over over.

Then, for the rest of the performance, I thought she was just going to sing and move to wherever she needed to be at any given time. I did NOT think she was going to dance. But then she kept adding moves and choreo and I thought, HOLY FUCK. She's going for it. She's once again going to teach me a life lesson.

And she did.

So happy for anyone who didn't catch this live. It was traumatic. In the moment you have no clue what the fuck just happened, if she's okay, and what's going to happen next.

I felt an emptiness inside during those few seconds (which felt like a minute) that I can't easily explain. I thought she was hurt; then I thought she'd be pissed and storm out; then I'd thought they'd cut to commercials or that the performance was over. I mean, just the silence that fell all around her was otherworldly. The audience was mute, the dancers were frozen, she even seemed to stay still for a nanosecond, probably assessing her pain... It was fucking terrifying. Thank god the music kept going so you knew it wasn't over over.

Then, for the rest of the performance, I thought she was just going to sing and move to wherever she needed to be at any given time. I did NOT think she was going to dance. But then she kept adding moves and choreo and I thought, HOLY FUCK. She's going for it. She's once again going to teach me a life lesson.

And she did.

Seriously, that's the truth! I missed the performance and so I searched for it moments later on youtube....only to see videos that said she fell (and I thought said she broke a leg!!!). I had a terrible feeling, and (of course) the internet would NOT load this forum or youtube very well at that moment. When I finally saw the clip, it showed Madonna being yanked by her neck, flying backwards down the stairs, and plopping on the ground (and it looked like she wasn't moving). Then the clip stopped!!! All through this, the fool who uploaded the clip was laughing his butt off at Madonna! I was afraid something serious had happened. :(

In hindsight, once Madonna realized the cape would not come undone, she should've quickly turned around and walked down the steps. After all the rehearsals, she had to of known the cape was about to be yanked. If only we could turn back time. :(

On a positive note, it was better for the "malfunction" happen at that moment rather than something more serious! That floor looked WAY too slippery to be held up spinning around. Also, I did NOT like the high lift during the GRAMMYs.....tooo dangerous! They could've gotten the same effect by having her dancer lift her up and hold her with his arms stretched up with the other dancers sinking/laying down on the stage.

My heart can't take all this stress!!! lol :)

My stream was a couple minutes delayed so I knew she had fallen before seeing the performance so I had already started freaking out reading "omg" she fell omg she fell with no explanation on wtf was going on. Brought me back to the horse riding accident. When I saw her fall I was horrified and couldn't even focus on the performance. Just so worried for her it all seemed so surreal.

And she did.

You said it all here, way better than I could have. I went through all the same scenarios in my head right after she fell. It was mere seconds but felt so much longer and so many thoughts went through my mind.

"I didn't hurt my butt but I hurt my head."

"I know how to fall, I have fallen off my horse many times."

"I had little bit of whiplash, I smacked the back of my head. And I had a man standing over me with a flashlight until about 3am to make
sure I was compos mentis."

My biggest fear! That was a BAD fall. A head injury can lead to serious consequences. I hope she heals 100%. :(