Post your reaction to Madonna's wardrobe malfunction.

Crux

Yeah, but this is Madonna, the perfectionist, and a much-hyped performance at an awards show for the first time in 20 years, which was broadcast live and streamed across the world.

Guest Sinisin

I couldn't get the stream to work so I kept refreshing the official viewing thread to get gifs and read the first reactions until a video would be posted. When I read someone say "noooooooooo" and "She fell OMG," I knew it wasnt just a slip. It was odd and I couldnt watch it anywhere and just kept hitting refresh to get as much info as possible. I freaked out just by everyone else freaking out and not seeing a thing.

I was extremely nervous when I first saw the video because I knew what happened and when it was coming. Mind you, I already cried a little bit just with this knowledge. When I got to the lyric when the yank happened I turned it off, lit a cig and cried. Im still abit emotional thinking about it. But I watched the fall and to me at first viewing it looked like she was yanked down from a 20 foot platform and dragged for miles, in slow motion. I stopped the video again and had to walk away and just breathe. And cry. Like blubbering mess cry...embarassing I know. But Madonna to me is the one constant thing, the anchor, that Ive had to look up to, to believe in, to rely on, my entire life and Im 38. Its just shocking to see, thats all. I just love her.

I did finally watch the whole video through, a few times, after the initial shock wore off, and just like the rest of you I had that cathardic experience. I just dont think I could watch this one on repeat.

Yeah, but this is Madonna, the perfectionist, and a much-hyped performance at an awards show for the first time in 20 years, which was broadcast live and streamed across the world.

Yeah just in sheer terms of exposure, this is way crazier. And something that has never happened to her.

I'm proud of Madonna, love her, and I'm so glad she showed the world what a pro she is after such an embarassing accident. And I can laugh in retrospect and be lik "ok wow that was nuts but yay all is good, moving along."

But I'm still bummed for her either way. She reworked the entire performance, probably rehearsed like mad, etc. but no one will remember anything exept the fall :(

That's the only thing that I think gets me, I just empathize with her, we can all laugh at other women falling onstage like Beyoncé or Gaga, but I guess Madonna had the most epic of them all :lol: I guess it had to be

i could see her fumbling for the string on that damned cape, i knew something was wrong, and i knew they were about to pull it....but she appeared like she thought she got it untied, but nope, and i gasped. i was like OH MY GOD!

then i fell into this embarrassment for her, i know shes a perfectionist, but then i tried to focus on the rest of the performance but i was scared, worried, stressed, for her. Now i'm still uneasy but very very VERY proud of our M. can't wait til she performs it again and addresses it.

But these are not iconic falls though. Only M can fall like that.

I think I have never seen the vulnerable human Madonna like we did today but today we also saw the superhuman Madonna, the one that always lifts herself up and carries on against everything. When she fell I really felt like it was my mom, my sister, my girlfriend or someone that I really really love and I felt bad not only because of her physical pain, and her frustration but also because I knew people would be mocking about her age, and the fall would overshadow the rest of the performance. Fortunately, she really put on such a great show at the end, and the media reacted so well that things didn't go as wrong as it seemed.

Of course Madonna will be disappointed, but I watched it & was worried she'd be hurt. Seeing her continue I was inspired & was engrossed in her performance & forgot about it by the end.

My Queen, my inspiration!

I couldn't get the stream to work so I kept refreshing the official viewing thread to get gifs and read the first reactions until a video would be posted. When I read someone say "noooooooooo" and "She fell OMG," I knew it wasnt just a slip. It was odd and I couldnt watch it anywhere and just kept hitting refresh to get as much info as possible. I freaked out just by everyone else freaking out and not seeing a thing.

I was extremely nervous when I first saw the video because I knew what happened and when it was coming. Mind you, I already cried a little bit just with this knowledge. When I got to the lyric when the yank happened I turned it off, lit a cig and cried. Im still abit emotional thinking about it. But I watched the fall and to me at first viewing it looked like she was yanked down from a 20 foot platform and dragged for miles, in slow motion. I stopped the video again and had to walk away and just breathe. And cry. Like blubbering mess cry...embarassing I know. But Madonna to me is the one constant thing, the anchor, that Ive had to look up to, to believe in, to rely on, my entire life and Im 38. Its just shocking to see, thats all. I just love her.

I did finally watch the whole video through, a few times, after the initial shock wore off, and just like the rest of you I had that cathardic experience. I just dont think I could watch this one on repeat.

Got tears in my eyes after reading your post.

I was watching it live being very excited and with (lots of) champagne...my heart felt suddenly attacked, I was feeling all in one, shocked<disturbed<sad...sooner after, I could think, I 'm so glad that she recovered her peformance extremely well and mostly I was happy she seemed not injured. Now, after a "not so good" sleep, I think, that after all, this accident was so highly in connection with the lyrics, and her eventual "full" performance brought such an unexpected strength to its message...making it, suddenly, so real!

Very very proud of her!!!!

I thought it wasn't that bad at all. I don't understand your super exaggerated meltovers!!

This. My heart sank for like 5 seconds but once she got up I got right back on enjoying the performance. She got over it in 2 seconds and delivered a stellar performance while fans are still having meltdowns after 12 hours.

I thought it wasn't that bad at all. I don't understand your super exaggerated meltovers!!

Yes I was shocked for like 3 seconds but after she recovered all was right with the world again .

As soon as I saw she was wearing that long cape I got a bit nervous, and had a feeling something might go wrong :-( but I never expected anything like that would happen.... still hope that she is not injured in any way... the fall looked pretty bad, but she did manage to get back up and finish the performance in a amazing way...

I was so shocked.

This was the worst thing I'd ever seen happen to M in thirty years. I was running to my pc and back to the tv. I didn't see most of the performance as I was do shocked. No idea about the vogueing section as missed it.

Given there was s delay on the feed, I think it was wrong for itv to show it so clearly.

Also I'd had a really bad day at work so felt really down. Ugh!

Funny thing is that I was just talking to a friend 2 days ago on how Madonna has never fallen on stage, at least not live, in her entire career. And I had this weird feeling that she was going to fall during the Brits. This strange intuition/coincidence kinda surprised me. But I wasn't shocked. She recovered so well and yes, it fits right in with the message of the song. In a way, it's almost as if it was supposed to happen. I'm not saying she did it on purpose. Why would she wanna fall and hurt herself? But it goes with the message and people are giving her praise and supporting her!!

I was shocked: "WTF? did THAT just happen?!"

i couldn't believe that was real... me and my boyfriend were speechless. and it felt like such a hard fall. But after that, I was even happier because she carried on like a pro, smiling and dancing her ass off!

she is such a queen!

I thought of watching the performance this morning, in YouTube, but when i was in bed my bf read in Facebook about the fall and my heart jumped. When he said "off stage" i feared the worst. I watched the small clips and couldn't see anything. Then i watched the whole performance, knew then why she fell, and when she stood up and her voice was shaking, i felt tears. In the end, i so wanted to clap and cheer. I came immediatly here to read your comments and thoughts.

I couldn't sleep for 2 hours.

true.

but let's not mix them up though. Madonna was dragged because of a wardrobe malfunction (just like in Pink's case), she didn't fall because she stumbled or because of the high heels or because - like some haters like to say - she's old.

so this makes Madonna an even greater performer!

I was watching alone and having a good time.. untill that surreal moment, i suppose I was shocked by how shaky I was.

the dancers were stupéfait. they couldnt move. And its a hard choreography to improvise in between moves and positions.

But she was like a 747 captain with a major engine failure, and managed to make a perfect landing. She will not lose, she s the ultimate warrior. Respect!!!

She deserves a standing ovation tonight....

I was watching alone and having a good time.. untill that surreal moment, i suppose I was shocked by how shaky I was.

the dancers were stupéfait. they couldnt move. And its a hard choreography to improvise in between moves and positions.

But she was like a 747 captain with a major engine failure, and managed to make a perfect landing. She will not lose, she s the ultimate warrior. Respect!!!

She deserves a standing ovation tonight....

yeah I hope chelle & other fans there suggest the idea to give her a standing o especially when its about her performance..

I was totally shocked!! I've been following M for so many years, seing her live many times, I allways trust her, her capacity to being strong and confident, but here for the first time, I saw her humanity, and I asked myself, why bother? why after all that she have done, she's taking so many risks, then she stood up, and I understand, she's a fucking rock, and I love her even more.

The moment she came on, my husband sat down on the couch. He's not that big of a Madonna fan. I was looking at the fora in here and was trying to cover how proud I was of that intro with her walking with the cape on. Somehow I couldn't look up when she started singing like something was wrong. And then all of a sudden I didn't hear her sing anymore and instead of looking at the screen I was looking at my husband. And he was in total shock... so I watched back to the screen. And there she was on the floor. That moment took forever in my mind. I just saw her looking around what just happened and what to do. And i felt so sorry for her. Thinking what was going on in her mind. She got up again, but I didn't follow it. I was so flabbergasted and confused thinking: this can't be happening to Madonna! Once the dancing was going on I noticed she had fought back already. Afterwards I took the chance to look at the whole thing again, worrying what the media would say next day. Thankfully they are all praising her!!!

Like many have said, I had a sense of dread before her performance too, in fact I almost posted " Don't f*ck it up Madonna" on Twitter but decided not to tempt fate. As soon as I saw the long Cape I was worried but I was still massively shocked when she got dragged off stage. I felt bad for her, she had so much riding on this performance. But it all seems to have worked in her favour-publicity money can't buy!