Post your reaction to Madonna's wardrobe malfunction.

Crux

it's also the entrance & diva moment and cape thing though, looking bigger than everyone else like the queen she is and then that wardrobe thing.. i think she was very embarrassed.

Anyone would be. I would feel humiliated. But what a great lesson. "Don't ever let them see you sweat"

In all my years of being a Madonna fan that's the biggest thing I've taken from her. She proved that for the millionth time tonight

You know, it's weird, but I was so so so excited for hours leading up to it and then as soon as she was announced I just got this uneasy feeling.

And then when I saw the stage, the dancers, and her heels, I was a little worried. I could tell she was having trouble with her cape. She seemed so nervous again. And then it happened and I think my heart skipped a beat.

Same here, I was so excited waiting through the whole live stream (the things we do for Madonna!!!), but something was off from the beginning. When they went straight into introducing her, I was like, "okay, no lifetime achievement award" despite all of the teasers, and unlikely to be a second medley either once I saw her come out in that outfit.

As soon as I saw the heels and then her fumbling with the cape tie at her neck... it was like watching a slow motion trainwreck that I was powerless to stop. I knew something bad was going to happen, but I was utterly horrified to see her actually yanked off the stage. It was like no one knew what to do. Was she going to be able to get back up, or was she seriously hurt?? We all think of her as indestructible, but those moments on the floor felt like a lifetime!! The rest of the performance was a blur, and then the stream just cut off entirely, like no one knew how to react still. :cries::nervous:

As soon as I saw the heels and then her fumbling with the cape tie at her neck... it was like watching a slow motion trainwreck that I was powerless to stop. I knew something bad was going to happen, but I was utterly horrified to see her actually yanked off the stage. It was like no one knew what to do. Was she going to be able to get back up, or was she seriously hurt?? We all think of her as indestructible, but those moments on the floor felt like a lifetime!! The rest of the performance was a blur, and then the stream just cut off entirely, like no one knew how to react still. :cries::nervous:

I agree with you, one could see on her face that something was wrong when she tried to untie the cape for so long (and she knew that the dancer would pull the cape, what a nightmare it must have been for her to realize this - and all this happened while she sang perfectly).

And I agree that the stream cut off too quickly...

I agree with you, one could see on her face that something was wrong when she tried to untie the cape for so long (and she knew that the dancer would pull the cape, what a nightmare it must have been for her to realize this - and all this happened while she sang perfectly).

And I agree that the stream cut off too quickly...

oh fuck if they cut off the stream at that moment i'd have fucking lost it.

but i have seen jamesy's video (not from the stream) and they gave her such a loud applause and cheering :)

How I felt? I don't think I'll ever fucking forget it. I'm not sure I want her to perform this song again. She performed in the past at other ceremonies and I never really thought much of it, I was just happy. But this era, I felt oddly nervous and an incredible anxiety before her performance at both the grammys and the brits, I had a weird and bad feeling every time, don't really get where that kind of energy is coming from.

My only thoughts were that she was hurt and the show would stop, I was shacking so bad. If that was me I would've just stood there and cried, there is nothing more humiliating. She got up, put her crown back on her head and carried on and she was GLORIOUS. I can't put into words how proud I am of her, I love her even more now if thats possible.

How I felt? I don't think I'll ever fucking forget it. I'm not sure I want her to perform this song again. She performed in the past at other ceremonies and I never really thought much of it, I was just happy. But this era, I felt oddly nervous and an incredible anxiety before her performance at both the grammys and the brits, I had a weird and bad feeling every time, don't really get where that kind of energy is coming from.

My only thoughts were that she was hurt and the show would stop, I was shacking so bad. If that was me I would've just stood there and cried, there is nothing more humiliating. She got up, put her crown back on her head and carried on and she was GLORIOUS. I can't put into words how proud I am of her, I love her even more now if thats possible.

All of this!!!

My God, I honestly wish I could give you a hug sweetie :inlove:

I love her even more as well!

Lets just's say I was "lucky" not to have watched this live as my heart could not have taken it. But knowing she is ok ( Thank god) I watched it later and I've gotta say that she is one ruthless bitch. She absolutely mesmerized me with her resilience and gave a great performance. Only when I saw her with the horns in hand at the end and giving us a "yeah I know" smile that I knew she was truly ok. Long live the queen!!

I was shocked and was about to scream at work. I continued watching the performance, but I couldn't focus at all. I was so afraid that she was injured. It wasn't just a slip. She was yanked and fell backwards on her butts with her high heels on. If something terrible happened, I'd be traumatized to witness this.

But of course this bitch willl never let you down. ;)

why is everyone saying they were worried for this performance and the grammys because she came out in heels?

she's been wearing heels while performing for decades.

I did felt like something was wrong in the second or two before it happened. I don't know if I noticed her face, or the fumbling with the cape, but I didn't expect it to be that bad of a fall. To see it live was insane. I thought she was really hurt for a second - it seemed to go in slow mo. When she got up I thought she was crying for a second, and then I thought she was about to walk offstage. I felt more relieved once she started doing the choreography and singing, but I was too jostled to really pay much attention at that point. I was also fearful the press would post a bunch of ageist shit about it.

When it was starting I was already nervous, like I was watching the Superbowl, but when the fall happened I couldn't believe it, I was literally in shock, when she was on the floor time went by so slowly... I thought she was really hurt, that was a nasty fall!! I saw her get back up, looking humiliated, I thought "SABOTAGE!!" I thought she was going to drop the mic and walk off the stage, but she carried on, her vocals sounded fragile, it took a while but got back into the flow and professionally finished her performance, her vocals got so much better. The entire time friends were texting and ringing me, my friend I was with was also in shock and couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop shaking, had to go home and calm down, now I've watched it again, I've realised she did a great performance, it was hard to digest the first time around in the state of shock I was in.

My friend came over to Bangkok to stay with me from London. Before we went to bed we were so excited that we would get to see Madonna performing at the Brit Awards ( even though it would probably be from youtube due to time difference ) . I came downstairs for breakfast and my friend was sitting at the breakfast table and I said " Lets watch The Queen ! " and he said " Oh haven't you heard ? Madonna fell off stage at The Brit ." And I was like " WHATTTTTTTTTT?????!!!! " . Swiched on my Mac and prepared for the worst but oh we both well up with tears afterwards . Just like the song she brushed it off and just carried on . The choreography was OUT OF THIS WORLD ! SO much better than the Grammy ! and I hope she's OK. I mean she could have broken her neck. It was a mighty fall !

Am so proud of that performance and so should Madonna and her fans .

This too! I get nervous as well before the performances this era

There had been such a climactic build up to her appearance at the Brit Awards (a show I would not usually watch). After 2 hours of going through the motions and watching most of the show she finally appeared in the cloak accompanied by the drum roll. Then came the fall - a horrible and potentially fatal backwards yank. My heart literally leapt into my mouth when it happened. I was worried for her as I would for any loved one because more than anything I didn't want her to experience any physical pain or permanent damage. I felt complete shock, confusion and devastation but then I shouted "Come on Madonna, you can do this!" at the TV screen with my fists clenched and in fighting stance...and at that point she rose to her feet and carried on with the performance. I couldn't truly engage with the rest of her performance because I think I was in shock. I felt a hot flush yet had cold shivers running through my body at the same time...I can still feel it. I was just relieved that she was still moving, dancing and singing even if it was in a muted tone. For some reason, I also felt a deep sense of humiliation for her because we all know she is such a perfectionist and a proud lion (which makes her a keen target for lesser people to want to tear down). I actually still feel a bit traumatised by what happened tonight which I know might seem a little melodramatic but I can't help for feeling such a profound empathy with a person I have loved and admired for the last 30 years. If anything, tonight has reminded me of Madonna's mortality and that she is delicate like most human beings...it also brought home that fact that she is one of the most precious gifts I have ever received in my life. I want for myself and the world to truly value her for the beauty she continues to give to us. I genuinely love this lady.

There had been such a climactic build up to her appearance at the Brit Awards (a show I would not usually watch). After 2 hours of going through the motions and watching most of the show she finally appeared in the cloak accompanied by the drum roll. Then came the fall - a horrible and potentially fatal backwards yank. My heart literally leapt into my mouth when it happened. I was worried for her as I would for any loved one because more than anything I didn't want her to experience any physical pain or permanent damage. I felt complete shock, confusion and devastation but then I shouted "Come on Madonna, you can do this!" at the TV screen with my fists clenched and in fighting stance...and at that point she rose to her feet and carried on with the performance. I couldn't truly engage with the rest of her performance because I think I was in shock. I felt a hot flush yet had cold shivers running through my body at the same time...I can still feel it. I was just relieved that she was still moving, dancing and singing even if it was in a muted tone. For some reason, I also felt a deep sense of humiliation for her because we all know she is such a perfectionist and a proud lion (which makes her a keen target for lesser people to want to tear down). I actually still feel a bit traumatised by what happened tonight which I know might seem a little melodramatic but I can't help for feeling such a profound empathy with a person I have loved and admired for the last 30 years. If anything, tonight has reminded me of Madonna's mortality and that she is delicate like most human beings...it also brought home that fact that she is one of the most precious gifts I have ever received in my life. I want for myself and the world to truly value her for the beauty she continues to give to us. I genuinely love this lady.

You just made me tear up all over again.

My friend came over to Bangkok to stay with me from London. Before we went to bed we were so excited that we would get to see Madonna performing at the Brit Awards ( even though it would probably be from youtube due to time difference ) . I came downstairs for breakfast and my friend was sitting at the breakfast table and I said " Lets watch The Queen ! " and he said " Oh haven't you heard ? Madonna fell off stage at The Brit ." And I was like " WHATTTTTTTTTT?????!!!! " . Swiched on my Mac and prepared for the worst but oh we both well up with tears afterwards . Just like the song she brushed it off and just carried on . The choreography was OUT OF THIS WORLD ! SO much better than the Grammy ! and I hope she's OK. I mean she could have broken her neck. It was a mighty fall !

Am so proud of that performance and so should Madonna and her fans .

What a flop fan! How could you not be up at 5 o'clock in the morning to witness her royal real ness? ;)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

couldn't believe my own eyes, it was like the worst thing that could ever happen in the world (at that precise moment :)), I still can't quite believe it happened... In my head was: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG x1000

Took me a few seconds to register that it actually happened. And then absolute horror, thinking that she might have been hurt, and that was the end of her performance (and this era for all we know).

Thrilled that she was able to bounce back like a champ. As usual, she's turned lemons into lemonade. The response from the media has been very supportive and positive thus. Probably more so than had she turned in another meticulous performance.

What a flop fan! How could you not be up at 5 o'clock in the morning to witness her royal real ness? ;)

LOL I know . I should just hand in my fan card . Poke sticks into my ears and eyes now ! I'm not worthy of the Queen !

Total shock. It wasn't the kind of fall that you can style out and, as others have said, it seemed as if she was on the floor for ages,I simulataneously wondered whether she would walk off stage, or if she'd actually say something, or if they'd just start it again. And then she just got on with it, but I couldn't really concentrate on the rest of the performance. It all feels like a bit of a dream and part of me wishes I could go to bed and then wake up in the morning, only to discover that it never really happened.

I'm sure Madonna will be fine about it in public to show that she's a good sport, we all know how bruised her ego's going to be. The reason she spends days in rehearsals and is so detail oriented is precisely to guard against these sort of fuck ups.

I do wonder if it will have a lasting impact on her, like avoiding live TV, or having less complex productions.

I do wonder if it will have a lasting impact on her, like avoiding live TV, or having less complex productions.

I think she'll hate performing on live tv and be even more nervous, she was nervous enough as it was before.

:kiss2:

I didn't watch them live as I had a busy afternoon with no access to the Internet and when I got home the first thing I did was searching for the performance in youtube and when the results showed dozens of 15 sec videos of the fall I couldn't believe it, I was in shock, sad for her because she has been working so hard against the leaks, the ageism and all and now another incident, it felt pretty bad. But then I found a full video and I felt proud of her at the end, I was happy to see the new dancesteps and she looked stunning and handled it like a pro. Later I realized that the incident is ginving for exposure and that could help the sales a little. I just hope she's OK and let's wait for the rest of the promo, she's not gonna let something like that happen again. I'm more in love with her than I've ever been in my life.