Brit Awards: the Queen shows them all what a TROUPER she is.

All the dancer had to do was a slight pull to remove her cape. This dude violently pulled hard to take Madonna's whole weight off the platform. This was no accident.

Oh stop with that... Have you not seen the lenght of that cape? It was a theatrical effect, the cape was supposed to disappear and the only way to do this is to pull the cape. With a "slight pull" as you say, the cape would have only fallen on the stairs. The dancer did his job, there was a wardrobe malfunction. Stop blaming the poor dancer...

She is the third story on the main BBC news page and the No. 1 most read story.

There is an overwhelming positive response from fans, the media, social media about how professional she was about the whole thing.

I know what you mean. Two hours afterwards and I'm still feeling all weird, proud of the final outcome but worried about what could've happened and the effects this could have on her health.

Me too. I'm sorry if people think I'm overreacting or being negative or silly or whatever but I truly love this woman and I am one of those people that can't help but think of how it could have been worse. In all honestly, she could have died right there in front of us and the rest of the world. All it takes is a serious blow to the head and she certainly fell hard enough for that. It was scary as hell, but I'll get over it. I'm just so glad she's okay.

All the dancer had to do was a slight pull to remove her cape. This dude violently pulled hard to take Madonna's whole weight off the platform. This was no accident.

Of course it was an accident ! Good Grief, why are people trying to blame dancers when Madonna herself has talked about the cape being tied too tight. I bet you they did the same performance in rehearsals time and time again and this one time, it did not work. Accidents, malfunctions happen.

Blaming dancers and worrying about hater's reactions is pointless. Madonna showed what a Trouper and amazing brave performer she is - as she always does. Let's celebrate that and appreciate how wonderful she was. The fall did not diminish her performance, in fact showed what a professional and incredible performer she is. They should not take it out or edit it as it should make people appreciate her as a performer even more.

If I were Madonna I would turn up to the Jonathan Ross show dressed head to toe in protective padding,& when he asked her why she was dressed like that,say "Well I thought it was best to be prepared in case I fell again!". The best thing to do is laugh it off.

Reason number 49383039 why she's the Queen really.

This is motherfucking Madonna! She would have gone back up on that stage and sang and danced her ass off even if she was bleeding or had a fractured leg. And that's what makes her so amazing.

Fortunately it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

This! :bow:

Of course it was an accident ! Good Grief, why are people trying to blame dancers when Madonna herself has talked about the cape being tied too tight. I bet you they did the same performance in rehearsals time and time again and this one time, it did not work. Accidents, malfunctions happen.

Blaming dancers and worrying about hater's reactions is pointless. Madonna showed what a Trouper and amazing brave performer she is - as she always does. Let's celebrate that and appreciate how wonderful she was. The fall did not diminish her performance, in fact showed what a professional and incredible performer she is. They should not take it out or edit it as it should make people appreciate her as a performer even more.

:clap:

Me too. I'm sorry if people think I'm overreacting or being negative or silly or whatever but I truly love this woman and I am one of those people that can't help but think of how it could have been worse. In all honestly, she could have died right there in front of us and the rest of the world. All it takes is a serious blow to the head and she certainly fell hard enough for that. It was scary as hell, but I'll get over it. I'm just so glad she's okay.

I agree. Imagine her lip-syncing or landing on her spine.....#silverlining

I'd have gone arse over head and got carted off in an ambulance. There really is only one MADONNA.

i fell on my butt too and hit the end of my spine, my gawd, i felt a little numb for some seconds... for someone who is 56, she is pretty resilient... thank God she's ok... did she do the press interview afterwards?

It was a nightmare to see her being pulled to the ground like that, yes. I am still shaken.

But I am so proud of her!

She is just other-worldly. She belongs to a different race.

She is the epitome of strength and powerfulness.

She's an example for all of us.

I bow to her and am oh-so-grateful!

This song's meaning has been just taken to a whole new level.

Queen of the Universe...that is, our Madonna!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank (most) members of MNation for being so awesome. It's really helped me just seeing so many different points of view and great insights as always. I've even managed to watch the performance again and loved it. I'm still shaking though, and skipped my meal. Gonna go cook now.

Another one for the books... The myth continues to be written...

To the people saying you couldn't finish watching her performance . . . finish it!

After the fall the worst is over. Go and watch how a QUEEN gets back up and finishes a show. And her smile at the end . . . :inlove:

Honestly I don't see why some of you are treating this like a catastrophe. Something happened that was out of her control and wasn't really anyone's fault. That could have happened to any other performer - anyone could fall down. But not everyone could get back up. But Madonna did, and not only did she get up - she performed her ass off. You should not feel humiliated. You should feel PROUD. I know I am.

She will turn it all into a positive. Headlines, people taking about her all over the UK will translate into single and album sales. She was pulled down but will continue on with her reign. I cannot wait for the Jonathan Ross interview now!!!!

My god you can be so pedantic

No one was comparing the artists or performances. Falls by high profile pop artists on award shows are all falls...they all get laughed at, they are all embarrassing, we laughed at the sloppy falls from Gaga to the unexpected ones from Beyonce and blah blah blah. Madonna's fall was a total accident and she coulda gotten hurt, but if she's not moping around on Instagram and finding it in herself to joke about it, why is everyone treating it as though she broke her neck? My god

This kind of fall is different because the way it happened she could have seriously hurt herself. I didn't cry about what happened, in fact I said how great she is for carrying on with a performance and carrying on immaculately like she did. And I was super relieved at her Instagram message

I'm just saying that there's nothing funny about THIS kind of "fall", if you can call it falling and it's obvious that this accident affected her like everyone else but she was quick to at least reassure fans, I just don't see the point of saying "yeah whatever we all laugh when other popstars fall". Leave it out right now, who cares. Call me pedantic and never stop *mygodding* me, fine :D

Wow. That's every performer's worst nightmare: falling off the stage (in this case, getting dragged off it), but she proved, once more, what a fighter she is. She has fallen on stage before, just like every single dancer or performer in the world (if what you do is dance, falling is a part of it, that's why you learn so early to fall properly), but falling during a live tv show is more brutal, especially for someone as perfectionist as she is. But just the fact that, after a fall like that, she regrouped herself and carried on comes to show what she's made of.

There's a very wicked irony about this. During the first performance of the song at the Grammys, there was a wardrobe malfunction as well, when the shoulder pad came off, which I'm sure drove her nuts. This time, it was the cape. And both while performing a song that talks about survival, about coming stronger after stumbling and being broken down. To me, this is the universe reminding us how powerful her message is: you're going to go through pain and difficulties, but you'll come up stronger. That is the message of the song, that is the message of Madonna. Love lifted her up today.

I've always had a tremendous respect for the girl, but what I saw tonight just made me fall in love with her all over again. Because, in the end, we all fall down, but that's the difference between those who are good and those who are great: the latter stand up again and keep on walking.

More than ever before, I love you, M :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree 100%.

It hurts me when people make fun of her too. I love her so much and it sucks when the greatness of her performance is taken away by such a costly fall. I love her for getting right back up but black Twitter has already gotten a hold of the vine and spreading it with vile jokes. I can take it with others but not with Madge :(

I love how she just goes back right into the song when she is clearly visibly shaken. She's just the very definition of a PROFESSIONAL. All my friends are texting me and saying how much (more) respect they have for.

Exactly :thumbsup:

She really is everything

I was making noises like I had been stabbed! WTF! It was such a shock.

It was because she went down two stairs at a time and was dragged. Terrible. I still feel sad.

I don't want to have people trying to talk to me about it in the morning!

She must feel bad......in front of so many people. I could cry for her.