New world tour to be announced next week!

Guest gang bang

An interesting observation. Most of the people (nasty queens) who complained and used expressions like "This is unacceptable", "Never Again", "Who Does She Think She Is", "So Disrespectful" etc. didn't even know what Gang Bang is because they had the Walmart version they got with the ticket. :lol:

It would be like this

Australia 1 show

One show in Australia?! She peformed eight stadium shows here in 1993 and hasn't been here since. There's no way in the world Live Nation would agree to bring a tour by any artist all the way out here for just one show.

In other news, Taylor Swift has just announced that she'll be touring Australia in December 2015. Her last tour here (December 2013) was a stadium tour and it was a massive success, so it's likely that she will perform in stadiums again this time around (dates and venues haven't been announced yet). Taylor is huge here - 1989 has become her fastest selling album ever and is the fastest selling album of the year to date in Australia (after only three days on sale).

Taylor's December 2015 tour makes me worried that Madonna isn't slated to tour here next year, since this was the most likely time of the year for her to tour (unless she does arenas, which is highly unlikely). Maybe they're looking at January 2016 (again, risky, given what happened to the January 2013 plans).

Guest bluejean

Honestly, I'm so done with the 'Madonna in Australia conversation. Like I really hope she goes there for the fans that can't travel but I personally am just going to go see her elsewhere. At this point it just seems silly to even hope for the idea. She's snubbed us so many times now why set yourself up for disappointment? It's one of those things, if she DOES do Australia it'll be a nice surprise but noone should hold their breath.

Taylor Swift plays STADIUMS? Those whacky Aussies...

Anyway, Madge PROMISED she'd bring "the greatest show on earth" there the next time. Are you calling her a LIAR?

Also, more than one artist can do a stadium tour at the same time in Oz surely? I don't see why Swift would make any difference.

Bluejean - you abandoned us, so you can't have a say on an Australian tour any more :p

Of all of my Madonna fan friends, I'm the only one who's actually seen her live since 1993, because with families and jobs to worry about, none of them can afford to drop everything and travel overseas to see her (which I think is fair enough). There are fans on here who aren't in a position to travel overseas "just" for a concert, so it would be nice if she actually did come here next time :). I already have commitments during my holidays next year, so if she doesn't come to Australia, I very much doubt I'll get to see the next tour.

As for Taylor Swift, she became the first female artist since Madonna to perform in a stadium here last year. She's sold over 800 000 albums here and close to 1.9 MILLION singles, and to put things in perspective, Lady Gaga has only reached the Top 10 on three more occasions than Taylor Swift (twice if we don't include the "blink and you'll miss it" chart appearance of "Judas"). She's also had more #1 albums than Lady Gaga. She really is adored here now and "1989" is only going to increase her appeal.

Australian stadiums have limited availability for concerts in December. However, since Live Nation is responsible for Taylor's tour, it's possible that they'll find a way to make two major tours doable (although I'd hate to be an LN Australia staff member trying to coordinate that...!).

Kim - Madonna said "when" she comes to Australia, she will bring the greatest show on earth - she was very careful not to promise the next tour after the backlash on social media when she cancelled her plans

Taylor Swift plays STADIUMS? Those whacky Aussies...

Anyway, Madge PROMISED she'd bring "the greatest show on earth" there the next time. Are you calling her a LIAR?

Also, more than one artist can do a stadium tour at the same time in Oz surely? I don't see why Swift would make any difference.

Kim, how embarrassing to be Australian when the first woman to play stadiums in Australia since Madonna is Taylor Swift :scared: Makes me want to hang my head in shame.

I think Madonna will tour here next time. I even predict she will start her tour here, although I am probably way off base. I hope so, we are so overdue to see her live.

I think Madonna will tour here next time. I even predict she will start her tour here, although I am probably way off base. I hope so, we are so overdue to see her live.

I'd say it's written in stone, although I don't know what a good season is 4 outdoor touring...if the record drops early 2015,

it's unlikely she'll wait 'till September. But then she could always END the tour in OZ.

Kim - Madonna said "when" she comes to Australia, she will bring the greatest show on earth - she was very careful not to promise the next tour...

Ah, good point!

Kim, how embarrassing to be Australian when the first woman to play stadiums in Australia since Madonna is Taylor Swift :scared: Makes me want to hang my head in shame.

Pink did a stadium over here, I'm surprised she stuck to arenas in Oz considering how big she is over there. If Madge skips Australia again, she should probably just not bother ever going back. Y'all's patience must be wearing very thin by now! (obviously I hope she does come next tour, if only for you Jan!)

I think to be fair, Madonna is already at the "don't bother coming back unless you do a greatest hits tour" point with the general public / casual fans here in Australia - anything else will be ripped in the media - my gut feeling is the next tour have more hits or if it doesn't, she will end it in Australia and change the setlist to add a few hits for the Aussie fans that we've never seen - eg. Like A Prayer, Music, Into The Groove, Hung Up, Ray Of Light...well the list is long lol

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think she'll only tour Australia. The tour will be called "Madonna's Australian EkstravanGanZa!" and will feature australian-adapted versions of all her greatest hits. All her costumes will be australian-themed and she'll trade in her guitar for a didgeridoo called the "madgeridoo". One of the main segments of the show will be called "Vegemyth" in honor of the famous tartinade which will also sponsor each of the 56 concerts.

I think she'll only tour Australia. The tour will be called "Madonna's Australian EkstravanGanZa!" and will feature australian-adapted versions of all her greatest hits. All her costumes will be australian-themed and she'll trade in her guitar for a didgeridoo called the "madgeridoo". One of the main segments of the show will be called "Vegemyth" in honor of the famous tartinade which will also sponsor each of the 56 concerts.

:rotfl:

#unapologeticaussiebitch

Guest Rachelle of London

True, but the Aussies do deserve to hear LAP and Vogue (at the very least). I doubt she'll include those in the main setlist of the next tour.

They've heard Vogue.

But no ITG! M needs to desperately go back there

I would love to evade to discuss your post too but you're not stating facts, you're stating lies. You say 1 us Dollar is 15 pesos when you perfectly know that that price is in the black market (and actually it's dropped now to below 14), you think an artist's profit would have her incomes exchanged with black market's rates rather than the real value which is 1 u$s: 8.50 pesos? Give me a break. You also say the dollar was 3.50 pesos in 2012, when you are one click away to check your info and be able to refresh your memory that the dollar was 4.80 in december 2012 http://www.cotizacion-dolar.com.ar/dolar_historico_2012.php

So then if you don't alter the figures it's:

2012 u$1 = 4.8 Pesos

2014 u$1 = 8.5 Pesos

which is an increase of 75% and not the 400% and something increase you just invented ...

now if you take for example the minimum wage in argentina in comparison it was

late 2012: $2670

2014: $4400

which is an increase in the wages of a 65%... so, yeah, I'm pretty sure things are a bit less dramatic than you try to make them look

I am stating facts you can check

kiss!

I guess that is why all the big shows have been cancelled.

U're funny though...Not.

Hope im wrong though, would love to see her again!

I was wondering if she'll repeat the MDNA schedule or something similar to the S&S tour...

Maybe 2 legs with a smaller gap in between?

I stopped reading when I saw Iran. As if she'll ever play there. The FAKEST of the FAKES!

:rotfl:

She actually said that she wanted to play in Iran (if only I remembered the interview...). But no, I don't think she will now.