Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Jazzy, Andifeel is a very big fan and doesn't hate her at all. He's actually one of the vocal ones that defend her on there. In fact I'm sure he lost his moderator privileges by defending her a few times. He literally goes to everything and hosts the UK free fan parties which he pays for out of his own pocket. He has an account on here which he sometimes uses but last time he was shut down by some other members when he was giving us info about Secret Project.

Thanks Chelle. I have not looked at Tribe forum for so long - as last time it was all negative hate when I looked - so was speaking out of turn and apologize to Andifeel for that as never noticed him hating beforehand. I just read where someone called him a Tribe insider and reacted to that in haste. I think I am so nervous about this tour being cancelled. Really don't know how to react if that happens.

Guest Rachelle of London

Thanks Chelle. I have not looked at Tribe for so long - as last time it was all negative hate when I looked - so was speaking out of turn and apologize to Andifeel for that as never noticed him hating beforehand. I just read where someone called him a Tribe insider and reacted to that in haste. I think I am so nervous about this tour being cancelled. Really don't know how to react if that happens.

I hope she does Oz. Let's just hope that the promoter agrees. LN can't expect the same treatment they received during Confessions, Sticky and even MDNA as the tickets that are already on sale aren't even shifting at the amounts they used to. Of course promoters aren't gonna be as keen to take the risk as they used to be.

"stumps up" = commits to pay

"downside guarantee" = even if ticket sales are poor, M will still be paid an agreed minimum by the local promoter.

(i.e, M's people want the local promoter to take all the risk if tickets dont sell out, and to meet the requested minimum, they would need to be able to virtually sell out at very high prices, which would have any local promoter worried given sales to date.)

OH GOD if thats the case i cant imagine any promoter fronting up with the cash. given the ticket prices will be high, they will be worried about not selling out. Its too much of a gamble for a promoter i would have thought.

I dont know if Australia (ie using a local promoter) is different to US or Europe, where LN have a presence and take more risk? Plus, for Australia they probably try to make the local promoter cover all of the transport costs of getting down here.

Live Nation AU would be the local promoter - they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest tour promoters here since they bought out Coppel Presents

It seems to me that OZ wouldn't have the same issues as certain other locations have had with moving tickets as that area hasn't been visited by M in such a long time. That's a sold out trek just waiting to happen. I do understand the upfront fees and such but surely that can be managed. What I don't understand is why doing South America, etc would prevent her from going Down Under. If someone agrees to the guarantee, why not do both?

I really hope she comes through for you guys. The Girlie Show was a lifetime ago. If she doesn't come through, I hope she makes a video explaining it was because nobody there would agree to the terms every other place has instead of blaming it on the children again. ;)

Live Nation AU would be the local promoter - they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest tour promoters here since they bought out Coppel Presents

Apparently, it's more complicated than that - LN Australia needs other financial backers to make a tour like this work.

Apparently, it's more complicated than that - LN Australia needs other financial backers to make a tour like this work.

I think they'd be able to get sponsorship deals, and if the rumoured Asian dates starting to surface are true then I think Australia will go ahead.

It's a special kind of amazing that every major and minor music artist EXCEPT Madonna has had the CAPACITY to figure out how to tour Australia in the 21st CENTURY.

Guest Rachelle of London

I bet it's the amount of money they're asking. I doubt the other artists are requesting so much. Just my guess.

It's a special kind of amazing that every major and minor music artist EXCEPT Madonna has had the CAPACITY to figure out how to tour Australia in the 21st CENTURY.

+1

I bet it's the amount of money they're asking. I doubt the other artists are requesting so much. Just my guess.

Yeah, so then negotiate. I mean, if it's the same situation again as with SS where no local promoter would take the risk - experience tells you bring the price down.

She just needs to lower her fee so Australian fans can get to see her. Honestly how much money does she need?

Exactly.

She just needs to lower her fee so Australian fans can get to see her. Honestly how much money does she need?

I don't think the "fee" goes right into her bank account. I'm sure it's to cover all the costs of the production & staff and whatnot

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't think the "fee" goes right into her bank account. I'm sure it's to cover all the costs of the production & staff and whatnot

Yup. I imagine her overheads are huge.

I just hope they pull through for Australia. The backlash would be huge.

I imagine the overheads are huge for most big acts but they manage to make it happen.

They really need to negotiate and make this happen for Australian fans. Even if that means Madonna taking

less of a cut. This era could do without a backlash.

So should everyone involved in the production agree to work for less money or just Madonna? They'll still charge us the same ticket prices, so the promoters themselves will pocket the earnings that Madonna (and her crew) have sacrificed.

Guest Rachelle of London

It is a bit odd that every other major artist can tour Australia though? I don't get how they can take her tours to South America or even Japan but not Oz.

It is a bit odd that every other major artist can tour Australia though? I don't get how they can take her tours to South America or even Japan but not Oz.

Yes exactly Chelle. How do all the other big acts mange to do it? Why is it so difficult for Madonna' team to organise this? I would guess that its about how much profit they want to make and they have a minimum that they are not prepared to go below.

Nobody is saying that everyone in the production should work for less money but we all know that Madonna makes a lot of money from touring even after all the costs an overheads have been accounted for so surely there is room for negotiations? Would it be so awful for her and LN to make a bit less profit?

Guest Rachelle of London

Doesn't she make a 1/3 of the profits?

The demand in Oz is so high I wonder if it would make more sense to do loads of shows there like what Pink did on her last tour. I bet they spend more money moving from country to country.

Seriously THIS!! I appreciate how big her show is and obviously overhead is insane but EVERYONE else goes there. She goes everywhere else. It would be cool if she would sit down and explain this because it's fascinating. I'd much rather hear her explain this type of stuff in a Q&A instead of shit like "What do you think of Britney? What's Rebel Heart mean? Come to Brazil!"

Edited by James0479

I have nothing against South America but she already been there the last several times, if it's getting in the way then put that aside, Asia and Oceania is overdue.

Guest Rachelle of London

I know I'll get blasted for this but they charge soooo much in South America. One of the South American members on here said their MDNA ticket was the equivalent to $800 USD for general admission. Almost 4x what it was at Sticky and Sweet. maybe that's why they are so inclined to go down there. Maybe the Aussie promoters are not willing to charge that.

^ But Im sorry they should not be greedy with the numbers. This fast cash in cash out might do more harm than good. Im not in favour of this lets get as much as we can with as little as possible dates. Id rather the prices go lower and places like LA get more than 1 show.

Besides, if they do end up touring Asia then Australia wouldn't be too far off.

They need to mix it up a bit rather than the same Europe/N America/S America formula.