Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

^ she would still be huge here if she'd done that.

Madonna was considered the queen of pop here for three decades over any of our own artists and was way bigger than any of our own artists also. She was the first and only woman to have a sold out stadium tour of OZ until Taylor Swift came onto the scene. The Aussies loved her and she was one of the most successful artists of all time here. I believe she outsold the majority of her peers as well and even her chart numbers were better here than her homeland the US.

I've never ever heard of her opening the Drowned World Tour here. I'm a super fan and have been for 25 years and have never heard that before. Do you have a source or a magazine clipping for this?

Guest Pud Whacker

^ she would still be huge here if she'd done that.

Madonna was considered the queen of pop here for three decades over any of our own artists and was way bigger than any of our own artists also. She was the first and only woman to have a sold out stadium tour of OZ until Taylor Swift came onto the scene. The Aussies loved her and she was one of the most successful artists of all time here. I believe she outsold the majority of her peers as well and even her chart numbers were better here than her homeland the US.

I've never ever heard of her opening the Drowned World Tour here. I'm a super fan and have been for 25 years and have never heard that before. Do you have a source or a magazine clipping for this?

now its P!nk.

lick a sack.

The above is true - M has had intentions to tour Australia and this has been happening since 1985. The Virgin Tour second leg was to include Australia, WTG negotiations failed, Blond Ambition too, The Girlie Show worked out mostly due to the USA backlash, DWT was to open in Australia and these plans failed but we still got the Music 2CD Australian Tour edition in stores as they were already printed....it goes on and on and on

The Australian backlash gets worse each time and if the Rebel Heart tour doesn't come to Australia it will be all over social media with ageist comments and "Madonna hates Australia" comments etc.

Hoping it works out so she can reconnect with her Aussie fan base

That's impressive!! I never knew they were planning to extend Virgin Tour to Australia!! Do you have any more info on failed negotiations for other markets for the tours?? I knew she was on the talks for bringing Confessions Tour to Brazil but they couldn't finish the deal. Amazing info Matt!

Guest Rachelle of London

Is he reliable? Please Madonna and Co, ENOUGH WITH THE BULLSHIT.

Yup. He's VERY reliable when it comes to M news as he's in there with Ms team. Oh gosh hope he's wrong this time

Yeah that's the guy that was in EVERY triangle of the MDNA Tour almost. If he says something is in jeopardy, then I'd probably believe it.

If they can Oz AGAIN for financial reasons, promoter not paying enough upfront or whatever, in order to go back to S America again, then, I'm sorry I hope the S American shows sell like shit and they're left with egg on their faces.

Guest bluejean

Maybe she'll do a separate Greatest Hits Tour for Australia then revisit some North American and/or European cities as well.

Andifeel has also said that an Australia tour may be later then originally hoped so I hope it's just been simply pushed back to match or even April. *fingers crossed*

Did he say that before or after the comment about it being in jeopardy? Later is better than never of course.

It would be stupid for her not to tour Australia coz there is such a huge demand for her here that there are so many keen ppl willing to fork out good money just to see her live while other places in North America and Europe have been over saturated and are selling slowly.

If she chooses not to tour here than it's really her loss as she and live nation are missing out on all the good and easy $$$.

Edited by Martini123

It would be stupid for her not to tour Australia coz there is such a huge demand for her here that there are so many keen ppl willing to fork out good money just to see her live while other places in North America and Europe have been over saturated and are selling slowly.

If she chooses not to tour here than it's really her loss as she and live nation are missing out on all the good and easy $$$.

I've got a feeling, Australia will only be scrapped if they decide to go to South America & Mexico after the new January dates instead, hope not though for our sake.

Maybe she'll do a separate Greatest Hits Tour for Australia then revisit some North American and/or European cities as well.

6a00d8341cdd0d53ef01538e660f84970b-800wi

"...and maybe monkeys will fly out of my BUTT..."

:lmao:

I would LOVE a greatest hit tour.

But more seriously I"m worried about this insider's info... and that ticket prices will be ASTRONOMICAL if it does go ahead.

His exact words were:

"Australia was ok until 3 weeks ago...hope an Australian promoter stumps up the downside guarantee she's asking in every other country and it goes on as promised." Then "Australia is looking v dodgy but not sh*tcanned quite yet".

what does stumps up the downside guarantee mean!?!?

It means pays the minimum amount that Madonna is requesting per show. For every show that's already been announced, the local promoters have already agreed to pay Madonna X amount per show (usually $1-$2m). This is guaranteed, even if the show underperforms (this money is used to pay the cast and crew etc. etc.). From what I understand, Live Nation has to find an Australian promoter that's willing to pay this "downside guarantee" and if they can't, then the tour won't go ahead. Worryingly, this is the exact reason why S&S didn't come to Australia - Madonna was willing and able, but local promoters saw it as too much of a risk (given the GFC) and negotiations broke down.

what does stumps up the downside guarantee mean!?!?

"stumps up" = commits to pay

"downside guarantee" = even if ticket sales are poor, M will still be paid an agreed minimum by the local promoter.

(i.e, M's people want the local promoter to take all the risk if tickets dont sell out, and to meet the requested minimum, they would need to be able to virtually sell out at very high prices, which would have any local promoter worried given sales to date.)

I don't get why live nation or local promoters just pay her asking fee. If they can't arrange this tour to come here, than they are a bunch of useless c***. It's not like Madge is going to automatically raise up the price just because 5 dates have been rescheduled.

All Madonna fans on Twitter should tag Guy, live nation and M non stop and hashtag #TourAustralia. We should keep the pressure up and make sure they keep their word of touring Asia/Australia.