Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Wow talk about overreacting to one little "stupid" question, it's funny watching lots of people piss themselves like hissy queens as if they are on their periods.

I was going to delete my comment but it's funny watching peoples reaction so I don't think I will bother. *gets popcorn* :p

:rotfl:

And to add to that unless your parents were born in the U.K. there's a whole complicated process of getting residency there. They don't just let any old 19 year old bogan move on over :lol:

The U.S. would be even harder unless you won the green card lottery.

Incorrect, they let both Scott and Charlene, who were just 19 year old bogans into the UK, so it can't be all that hard, or their standards too high.

And Martini, fret not, Australian Sarcasim is lost on many, I thought your comment was hilarious!

Incorrect, they let both Scott and Charlene, who were just 19 year old bogans into the UK, so it can't be all that hard, or their standards too high.

And Martini, fret not, Australian Sarcasim is lost on many, I thought your comment was hilarious!

Haha thankyou! the reactions are indeed hillaruous though :p

Guest bluejean

Ray of Light was really more of a success as an album. I think Beautiful Stranger and Music were the 2 songs that put her back with a younger audience. I remember people playing those songs in school and for the first time in forever it was acceptable to listen to Madonna:

Guest bluejean

I also remember the Drowned World Tour being shown on commercial TV which shows how popular she was at that point. Both Madonna and Kylie were massive in the early 00's in Oz.

I don't get why you Aussies who were fans from the 80s simply move out of Australia to London or somewhere for good. Than you can see every madonna tour possible.

:dead:

I don't get why you Aussies who were fans from the 80s simply move out of Australia to London or somewhere for good. Than you can see every madonna tour possible.

What a gem... Moving for Madonna... :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

I might buy an apartment next to the Prague arena cuz the tickets are always cheaper!

£60 for floor tickets Barnz!!!!

I also remember the Drowned World Tour being shown on commercial TV which shows how popular she was at that point. Both Madonna and Kylie were massive in the early 00's in Oz.

The day after they showed that people at my work were like :manson: ...including me, a fan :lol: A real WTF moment...just awful if you were a casual fan.

But I made it through the wilderness ;)

Guest bluejean

The day after they showed that people at my work were like :manson: ...including me, a fan :lol: A real WTF moment...just awful if you were a casual fan.

I was beside myself seeing it on TV. I loved and still love that tour!

If they can't lock in enough Asian dates to make it with while there is every chance they just won't come to Australia again. Let's hope they can get ask the Asian dates they need!

I don't think that's the case.

TGS had both Japan (8 shows) & Oz dates (8 shows) only.

But then again that was 22 years ago.

tumblr_inline_mojgehhYDL1qdlkgg.gif

I'm so nervous about the Oz tour. I really hope they don't fuck us over by booking stadiums just to make a buck and get it over with. After all these years and the loyalty of her fans getting all her albums to number 1 (including Rebel Heart) we really deserve to see her up close in an arena. Then again I'm nervous about an arena tour as the prices will be through the roof and tix will be hard to get. I'll end up having to go alone as none of my friends are going to pay $400 to see someone they despise. Part of me hopes the GP is turned off by the prices like in other territories, so the diehards like us can get good seats but then again it's the GP that will make this tour smash. She's at a stage in her career where the knives are out for her in this country, more so than ever before. She was given a pass in '92 and the SEX controversy never affected her here, it just increased her iconic status. This tour really needs to be successful and well received or she is done in this country, that unfortunately is the truth and is in no way personal opinion.

Every single aspect of this tour is a double edged sword for Australia. I'll be devastated if the rumors about her playing only limited dates in Melbourne and Sydney are true as I'd love to see her do a full Australian tour. She skipped Perth last time which was a fucking disgrace as she would have easily sold out several stadiums here back in '93 when her popularity was at its peak in Oz. I will always wonder why they skipped Perth, perhaps there was no venue at the time. U2 also skipped Perth that same month. Now we have a brand new arena, fingers crossed. I'll still fly if need be but it's going to be one very expensive trek including tix, flights and accommodation.

She's worth it tho 😊

With talk that it's going to be "the most expensive tour ever to hit Australia", we're looking at at least $600 for floor seats (The Rolling Stones hold the record at the moment and they charged $580 for floor seats and lower tier seats last year - the next level of seating was around $375, and the "cheap" seats were $200. A small number of "rear view" seats were available for $99. This doesn't include any VIP packages, which would have cost a lot more).

Nova have been banging on the last few days about a big announcement being made tomorrow. They refer to it as the biggest tour announcement of 2015. Someone earlier said they were sponsoring madonna show, so could it be announcing that tomorrow?

Edit: oh don't worry, it's ed sheeran. How dull.

Guest bluejean

If she does arenas in Sydney and Melbourne only how many fricken shows is she going to do?

I'm confident a tour will sell really well down under. Now I know she's not popular with a young crowd and alot of the bitchy old queens have disowned her HOWEVER we need to consider this is an artist that FUCK LOADS of people in their 20's, 30's and 40's grew up with. That's multiple generations most of whom have never seen her in concert. It's not all teens and gays that would go to a Madonna concert. She has a much wider audience than you may think, just because they don't buy her recent albums doesn't mean people won't rush to see her in concert. There are the fans from the 80's then there are all the Ray of Lighters, Confessions kids etc etc.

Remember when Prince went down under afew years back the tour was a big success. And he hasn't had a hit since the 90's. And he'd toured there last in 2003.

I do think she should do at least Brisbane as well. And Auckland.