Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

I'll just be watching crappy recorded versions on YouTube until the dvd release. I can't afford to travel overseas :(.

It pains me to know that only time she's toured here was the year I was born...

Ugh I feel so old now. In 93 I had just finished high school and was ready to be taught all the naughty things, so the girlie show was perfect.

i plan to go to florida in september for the yacht season. so anywhere between california and there is fine by me if the dates match up.

if she ends up announcing an australian tour i will buy the most expensive vip tour package ticket there is lol

whatever happens i WILL SEE HER

What's everyone's Plan B in case it doesn't happen?

There's always the Madonna party is Brisbane ;) shhhhhhh :) You can get golden circle tickets for only $10, bargain, I say.

I remember in 1993 they had fully assigned seats everywhere even on the ground (except maybe the golden circle which I wasnt in). I remember the security were really narky and wouldnt let anyone stand on the seats, and wouldnt even let people stand out in the aisles. I was about half way back and (being short) could barely see a thing the whole show.

So whatever happens, Im going to try for as close up front as I can get. Hopefully they do something for the long run fans who have waited so long, not just leave us to race for tickets with everyone else. (And not just for ICON members, as we let our membership lapse years ago and then missed the cutoff).

I remember, Madonna even complained about security at one of her Melbourne shows for being assholes :)

I hope she does :)

Having said that, if she plans to do it and then cancels again I literally cannot imagine the backlash. If she has absolutely ANY doubts about her energy levels or whether it would work for her then just don't even suggest it as a possibility.

Another cancellation would be really disastrous I think.

If that rumor about her starting the tour August 29th Miami, then the universe is telling me something

:tigger:

Fogel is particularly excited about the Pacific Rim leg of Rebel Heart. "She has never played in Southeast Asia, and she hasn't been in Australia or New Zealand in probably 25 years," he points out. "It's kind of bizarre when you think about it, that a superstar like that hasn't been to a pretty regular touring area for 25 years."

When Fogel began working with Madonna in 2001, though she was already an international star, she was not known as a particularly active touring artist. "She was probably the most under-played superstar ever," he says. "Since then, we've covered a lot of territory, but Asia and Australia are really the last major territories we'll get to over the course of the last 15 years of touring."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6487508/madonna-to-launch-rebel-heart-world-tour-in-august?mobile_redirection=false

Is this definitely true and confirmed ? If so, :tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger: I have been waiting for over 20 years for Madonna to return to Australia.

I feel your excitemen!

I remember seeing something on tv (possibly YouTube) about when the Girlis Show came to Australia and there was a mass frenzy for tickets and people skipped work and school to queue for them - crying with joy when they got them.

I'm just really interested to see how the tickets sell this time. Will the general public rush to buy them or is it that Madonna has to come over and promote and win them back after years of not touring there. I don't doubt for one minute the shows will sell out but the interesting question is - how quickly?

I'd also love to see the album sell lots in Australia - maybe it will be a ticket bundle there too?

Guest bluejean

Wow! That's great.

It's sort of ironic that I won't be here. But I am really truly happy for all the fans here! Fuck yeah!!!! And it seems 100% this time!

Also really happy to hear she's doing New Zealand and certain Asian territories for the 1st time ever.

Waiting for Australian media to pick up the story, I wonder if an announcement will increase sales of the album.

I still can't believe it though. I don't want to get my hopes up AGAIN!!

First article:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/26478032/madonna-set-to-tour-australia/

Madonna set to tour Australia

Madonna is set to tour Australia for the first time in 23 years.

The pop icon is set to launch her Rebel Heart world tour in Miami in late August before bringing it Down Under early next year, US music bible Billboard reports today.

“In early 2016, Madonna will take Rebel Heart to Asia and Australia, with those dates expected to be announced by the end of March,” Billboard said.

The 56-year-old last toured Australia with The Girlie Show in 1993 and has not returned despite promising to bring her critically acclaimed stage shows back in 2006, 2009 and 2012.

Her return visit to Australia will also see her fans get up close and personal with the star for the first time as Madonna is playing arenas rather than stadiums.

“She has never played in Southeast Asia, and she hasn't been in Australia or New Zealand in probably 25 years," Live Nation's Global Touring division chairman Arthur Fogel told Billboard.

"It's kind of bizarre when you think about it, that a superstar like that hasn't been to a pretty regular touring area for 25 years."

The tour will be Madonna’s fifth partnership with Live Nation's Global Touring division, which has produced more than $1 billion in Boxscore grosses, with 7.8 million tickets sold to 289 shows. She is the top female touring artist in the world.

The trek is in support of her latest album Rebel Heart, which is released in Australia on Friday and features the lead single Living for Love.

The album has been shrouded in controversy because of leaks which led to the arrest of Adi Lederman, an aspiring Israeli singer who has been indicted on hacking charges.

Lederman was arrested in Tel Aviv last month as part of a joint investigation with America's FBI into the hacking scandal, which prompted the pop superstar to release a slew of her new songs early after unfinished copies emerged on the internet.

I vote San comes down to Melbourne for one of the shows! :thumbsup:

I'm going to them all! Unless there are like 30 shows or something :lol:

But! Bluejean, we got this confirmation for MDNA too...so....

Does it matter ? Can't we just celebrate that she is coming and not predict or worry how she will sell compared to others.

:thumbsup:

I think it's confirmed. Officail Facebook page says "Australian dates to be added."

She is really coming!! I don't believe it!!

I WANT TO DIE. I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY THE TICKETS. THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FIRST MADONNA CONCERT - WORDS I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY.

That's what it said last time for Australia while we watched all the good tickets go overseas....announcement was delayed and then the cancellation. I think they must enjoy it in some weird way to punish something some Australian has done to them, its inexplicable to put us in the same dilemma. So sad, I thought this era was going to be fun for me.