Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

There is obviously a limit on how high they think they can charge, or they wouldn't have to secure Asian dates to make it viable. I just think if Rolling Stones could sell out at their prices then Madonna can too.

I don't think the Aussie tour (if it happens) will be as big as people think if the ticket prices are astronomical. Despite what some of you say she isn't seen as being on par with The Rolling Stones here. She's only been here once and she's a pop act after all. When she came in '93, the majority of the fans were teenagers and people in their 20's with plenty of disposable income, times have changed and her audience is older and quite a bit smaller now. She isn't guaranteed a sell out tour, it's a massive, massive risk.

Guest bluejean

There is obviously a limit on how high they think they can charge, or they wouldn't have to secure Asian dates to make it viable. I just think if Rolling Stones could sell out at their prices then Madonna can too.

Well the good thing with Australia is that people won't know yet that a) she comes on at 11pm and b) she's going to perform a bunch of songs no ones ever heard.

It's going to be interesting to see how M will extend either in Australia or SA. The tour will most likely do well anyway but unless more dates are added in 2016, she might earn significantly less profit than MDNA, and especially S & S.

I don't think the Aussie tour (if it happens) will be as big as people think if the ticket prices are astronomical. Despite what some of you say she isn't seen as being on par with The Rolling Stones here. She's only been here once and she's a pop act after all. When she came in '93, the majority of the fans were teenagers and people in their 20's with plenty of disposable income, times have changed and her audience is older and quite a bit smaller now. She isn't guaranteed a sell out tour, it's a massive, massive risk.

I agree with you about the astronomical prices being a worry but what is it with all the downplaying of Madonna continually in this thread. It is just making this thread more painful to read than necessary. Can't we wait until we know for sure she won't be touring Australia ( IF that indeed happens ) before all the gloom and doom sets in. Saying Madonna is a massive massive risk is making out that she is some kind of no-body. Prince and Bruce Springsteen toured here with great success and Madonna was always more popular than both of them here and they are also superstars. Don't give up yet.

Guest bluejean

She IS as big as The Rolling Stones anyway. Bigger actually. But do the Rolling Stones charge $400 for average tickets? I bet they don't.

I don't get the dismissive attitude of Madonna as merely a pop act. Regardless, plenty of pop acts have toured successfully here later in their careers, with expensive ticket prices. Anyway, I'm not here to justify high ticket prices. I just don't think they will be as detrimental to the tour selling out as some think. If they are, then I guess we can expect a lot of half-price tickets closer to the dates ;-)

She IS as big as The Rolling Stones anyway. Bigger actually. But do the Rolling Stones charge $400 for average tickets? I bet they don't.

No, they were around $580

She should have done RIT in Australia given it was a pretty short tour with only a few European cities. Australia would also have been an instant sellout with the CT if she had visited after Japan.

If the latest rumours of an RIT-type setlst are true, then astronomical ticket prices will be less of an issue (albeit still an issue....).

I agree with you about the astronomical prices being a worry but what is it with all the downplaying of Madonna continually in this thread. It is just making this thread more painful to read than necessary. Can't we wait until we know for sure she won't be touring Australia ( IF that indeed happens ) before all the gloom and doom sets in. Saying Madonna is a massive massive risk is making out that she is some kind of no-body. Prince and Bruce Springsteen toured here with great success and Madonna was always more popular than both of them here and they are also superstars. Don't give up yet.

Not to be a negative nancy ;) but Prince, Springsteen, AC/DC and Rolling Stones tour Australia with every world tour they have. They all have an impeccable touring reputation in Oz, instant sell outs in both arenas and stadiums, are known to play both hits and misses, and can charge whatever they want due to the aforementioned. Madonna has done herself a deservice ( and rather insightless in hindsight ) by not touring here not matter the excuse and broken promises.

I think If she keeps her prices reasonable ( may even need to adjust tour to stadiums for this? )and makes a point of playing both hits and misses, it should sell out ok.

Prince has only toured Australia three times (1992, 2003 and 2012), so it's actually not true that he comes here every time he does a world tour (he's toured the US, Europe and Asia plenty of times over the past 27 years or so). His 2012 tour here (a billed hits tour) wasn't a sell-out, either (90% Sydney, 98% Melbourne and 84% in Brisbane, all arenas).

The Rolling Stones sold out - average ticket price for arenas was around $USD380.

I think she will do great in Australia regardless. Once it's announced people's mood would shift from disappointment to anticipation.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with Bambi. As soon as Madonna mania hits Australia everyone will try and get tickets.

This is probably our last chance to see her again (or the first time in Australia for us younger fans :horn: ). Like that iconic bish in the 1993 Aussie news clip said,"she'll never come here again". And she's been right... so far.

So take my money Queen! Milk me dry!

BUT if she is thinking of repeat business, she has to make a good impression. That means reasonable prices for the shit seats, a not too late starting time, a fair amount of classics, and a great performance (which we know she'll bring).

It's really wierd that many Aussies have been fans since the start of her career and have only seen Madge live once in 93 and will prob only get one last chance to see her again at this far stage of her career. A lot of us weren't even born when she last toured here and now many of us are adults and she still hasn't toured here nor stepped foot here. A whole generation has grown up and they are still waiting. Lol

It's really wierd that many Aussies have been fans since the start of her career and have only seen Madge live once in 93 and will prob only get one last chance to see her again at this far stage of her career. A lot of us weren't even born when she last toured here and now many of us are adults and she still hasn't toured here nor stepped foot here. A whole generation has grown up and they are still waiting. Lol

The only time she has toured Australia was when I was 5 months old. Tragic.

I love how they don't even mention Australia or Asia in this article.... Could they know more they we think?

"The singer will then head to Europe before concluding the tour with a few more U.S. shows."

http://www.10news.com/entertainment/madonna-to-complete-north-american-portion-of-rebel-heart-tour-in-san-diego

OK, so big news. Lots has changed since my last post… an agreement has been reached and she'll now be giving us a proper tour. She will now be visiting four cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth - and will be in Australia for almost a month. At this stage, the tour dates will be announced on Tuesday, June 9. *Maybe* earlier but definitely no later than that. It's happening! :)