Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Madonna would sell out Australia wide at the right price! But the general public won't pay crazy prices and they need the general public to fill the seats. I would love her to do multiple concerts like Pink but they simply would not sell out at the prices they would be charging. Pinks top teer price was less than $150 and the VIP packs topped out at $450 . That's why she could fill arenas over and over. Looking at US prices I think the top teer seat price for Australia will have to be $450 or more, which I would be surprised if many general public would pay in enough volume to sell out a venue. Not to mention I dread to think what the VIP prices will be for Australia, but only hardcore fans will buy those anyway and they (we) will pay whatever we have to lol. But again I would be surprised if they sell out the VIP packs. Madonna would not commit the time and effort to doing that many concerts in Australia either. Pink did around 60 concerts in Australia for funhouse and almost all sold to capacity.

Also didn't M say the tour had to end in Feb as she had a movie project she was starting in March? That would mean no more touring after Feb.

Unless you think she is going to tour for an entire year I don't think South America/Asia/Australia will all get the tour. It seems like SA is a go ahead, moving the Peurto Rico dates makes me think it was a logistical thing rather than the need for more rehearsal time. I think it will be between Asia and Australia on where she finishes and I'm leaning towards Asia. Another thing to consider is if Australia was earmarked for Feb and now has to be pushed back the venues she needs may no longer be available. Anyway this is all speculation. I really don't want to think about the what will happen if she cancels Australia AGAIN.

Maybe it's too much with M kids and already being on the road for four months, and then having to travel to Australia and Asia? M seemed like she was already getting over her head by the time MDNA was over, and she's no spring chicken anymore.

Guest Rachelle of London

Next time they should start the tour furthest away and by the time it's winding up at least they'll be on home soil whether that be Europe or the States

I don't get why she keeps confirming she is Australia when it always get canned. At least keep quiet about it and announce it the day the dates are announced.

Exactly

Next time they should start the tour furthest away and by the time it's winding up at least they'll be on home soil whether that be Europe or the States

Nah that's too logical!!

I'm kinda over it at this stage.

If she can't be bothered coming here then I can't be bothered caring about whether she does or not...

She came a long way from Material Girl to Ray Of Light, but if these days all she cares about is the amount of money she makes and not her fans?

Well then she's going to lose more and more fans each time she fails to bring her tour to their country.

Does she even care about her fans abandoning her? I sure hope so.

I don't really think she does care about what fans think or whether they stay or go at this stage, other than the lost $$$ it will mean of course. Her actions speak much louder than her Instagram post after all.... Bitch She's Madonna.... she'll do whatever the hell she wants too LOL.

I may get slammed for saying this but I mean well. IMO she's had one tour too many this past decade or whatever and that, along with other factors, is what's making this tour seem a cluster. While I loved MDNA, it really didn't need a tour. I enjoyed the show but overall the way it SHOULDVE gone down was no tour for MDNA.... Do this past Super Bowl with the new album being Rebel Heart and then embark on the RH Tour. RH is such a stronger album than MDNA, the tour and perhaps even the album would've been huge out of the gate hits! But I'm not Cher and can't turn back time so oh well. Lol

Can anyone confirm any official information whether it is vague or not?

Has there been talks of a possible cancellation (again)?

I just can't imagine her going back on her word after all the shoulda woulda coulda coming to Australia for 30 bloody years!

I think if she was the slightest bit hesitant about it, I don't think she would gave said she's coming.

Can anyone confirm any official information whether it is vague or not?

Has there been talks of a possible cancellation (again)?

I just can't imagine her going back on her word after all the shoulda woulda coulda coming to Australia for 30 bloody years!

I think if she was the slightest bit hesitant about it, I don't think she would gave said she's coming.

Yes, everyone is talking as if it is definitely not happening yet nothing like that has been announced.

My friend at Ticketek knows no more other than LN Australia was/is working on a arena tour for Sydney & Melbourne only in February next year & have been since March. They were hoping for an announcement this month originally but now that talks have apparently stalled who knows?

Where's Ipex? He was some info from LN Australia sources!

if they are still trying to work on Asian dates... i don't see why she wouldn't do Australia... as long as the talks in Asia is still alive, Australia is also still a go i'm sure... it would be senseless to do multiple Asian dates and no Australia...

Is Madonna to blame? Does she pick the countries herself? Surely it's Livenation who do that? She goes where they tell her. They are the masterminds behind the industry I would have thought.

Surely even if she did 3 nights each at Rod Laver and All Phones that would be about 80,000 tickets sold. Nothing to be scoffed at and worth the visit! I wish she'd hurry up and decide as I'm waiting to book flights to Oz from London!

Guest bluejean

Is Madonna to blame? Does she pick the countries herself? Surely it's Livenation who do that? She goes where they tell her. They are the masterminds behind the industry I would have thought.

I don't think so. Live Nation handles the tours of other artists that have toured Australia eg. Beyonce. The artist and their management have to sign and most likely Madonna has a higher asking price than other artists which is why they ALL tour Australia except for her.

Madonna would sell out Australia wide at the right price! But the general public won't pay crazy prices and they need the general public to fill the seats. I would love her to do multiple concerts like Pink but they simply would not sell out at the prices they would be charging. Pinks top teer price was less than $150 and the VIP packs topped out at $450 . That's why she could fill arenas over and over. Looking at US prices I think the top teer seat price for Australia will have to be $450 or more, which I would be surprised if many general public would pay in enough volume to sell out a venue. Not to mention I dread to think what the VIP prices will be for Australia, but only hardcore fans will buy those anyway and they (we) will pay whatever we have to lol.

All of the floor and the lower tiers in the US for Confessions were the equivalent of $AUD500 nine years ago. Ipex said that the prices were going to be "the highest ever seen in this country". That record is currently held by The Rolling Stones, who charged $580 for the best tickets. We're not looking at $AUD450 here (that's what we would have been paying for Confessions in 2006) - we're talking at least $600. This is just speculation, of course, but remember that we paid $200 for the best tickets in a stadium in 1993. We'll be seeing her in (relatively) tiny arenas this time around, with a catwalk that basically extends to the back of the floor, so we're going to be paying through the nose....

The tour is still on. The only info we have to the contrary is Andifeel's source saying that nothing has happened regarding Australia for the past three weeks and that things are looking shaky regarding promoters etc. Obviously there are concerns, but nothing has been cancelled. Andifeel is also warning that more schedule changes are likely and is urging people to book only refundable or changeable flights and accommodation.

It's a concern, but nothing has been cancelled yet, so we have to maintain at least some hope.

We all love Madonna because she's the one in control of her destiny, doing what she wants with her eyes wide open. So I won't accept she suddenly has no voice or stake in these decisions.

The tour is still on. The only info we have to the contrary is Andifeel's source saying that nothing has happened regarding Australia for the past three weeks and that things are looking shaky regarding promoters etc. Obviously there are concerns, but nothing has been cancelled. Andifeel is also warning that more schedule changes are likely and is urging people to book only refundable or changeable flights and accommodation.

It's a concern, but nothing has been cancelled yet, so we have to maintain at least some hope.

i hope the European dates won't be shuffled

Just got a response from ipex saying the australian leg is still definitely going ahead but plans might be changed I.e dates, cities, venues etc.

This might mean more cities could be included in the overall schedule.

Edited by Martini123